Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356280 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4352) (4353) (4354) (4355) (4356) (4357) (4358) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
I thought protein0 had this redmi note7 for like 74k? What are u people looking for on jumia that dinnor well? Phone da have nor come out finish on AE da u people re blaming xiaomi for jumia's madness undecided
Just wait for everything to stabilize
Typing from xiaomiSPARk 2 grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
Youngearnny:
RN6P users, pls what is ur experience with MIUI 10.2.2?

Same.. only security patch update.. nothing new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lavoca: 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
EBUBS:

Here you go...
Who is at fault here? Xiaomi or Jumia? They should buy from AliExpress now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

this leeco mentioned is just off point .

If leeco was alive to promote this phone with ads nd marketers ehn ,highest,d price will bump to 37k, and transsion will know da something happen

Wait ooo

.is redmi 6a nd camon 11 uses same processor,but check their prices,even if d 11 has more storage and ram, price are just outrageous,nd some marketers will still be shouting upandan
wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by danchuzzy(m): 5:25pm On Jan 25, 2019
Mrcalxy:

Lol... Bobo no wan take chances grin

Get that Floveme baba, you won't regret it. Fast charge is normal, forget that part of battery getting spoilt. The feature is there and meant to be used. You won't tell me that if you have the Mi Power bank with QC, u won't charge your device again because of the fear or quick charge spoiling your battery.

Lol. Bros, I don't even use PowerBanks. If you dash me sha, I go take. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Ok. Make I borrow protein0's word, you are right grin grin grin
cheesy
Everything he said was right, even the ones he is yet to say.
All of dem are right cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

No point to drag Futher, i believe d Redmi 6a will be a better example

2gb Ram 16Gb Rom for 32-33k But lack finger print Sensor

As against 1gb Ram 16gb Rom with finger print sensor (for an Android Go edition device and XOS Hummingbird) d 1gb will cope just fine

face unlock??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
drjprince:
Cc fibonacci2625
Nobody
Protein
Ifedith and all touts in the house how is this deal real
Mi 8 for 33k on jumia please I need answers cuz I dont want jumia to seize my money
Jumia can not seize your money. They'll just keep it for a while, probably use it small cheesy but you'll be refunded.

On 33k mi8, it's sweet if it's real but know that when it's too good to be real, it's perhaps not real. You can try it tho, worst thing, you'll be refunded kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
swagifted:
abeg xiaomi experts, as global rom is cheaper than global version, what are the setbacks with global rom over global version for a user in nigeria?
SMILE 4G network. kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
I thought protein0 had this redmi note7 for like 74k? What are u people looking for on jumia that dinnor well? Phone da have nor come out finish on AE da u people re blaming xiaomi for jumia's madness undecided
Just wait for everything to stabilize
Typing from xiaomiSPARk 2 grin
me i cant shout.i just kuku buy the nokia x5 take wait for the note 7 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngearnny(m): 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Mrviktor:

Same.. only security patch update.. nothing new
Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Israellionel: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
danchuzzy:

Okay. Thanks. Do you however have the recommended phone charger? One without quick/fast charge.

Cc. Optimised
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
guy, Lenovo k5play Vs umidigi A3 pro. which should I go for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yusuff4u2c(m): 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
Please guys... My friend's Note 5 a prime fell and he is going to need a screen replacement or as the case may be... The phone responds to touch perfectly... If anyone has the screen for sale here, I'm ready for a deal. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2019
drjprince:
Cc fibonacci2625
Nobody
Protein
Ifedith and all touts in the house how is this deal real
Mi 8 for 33k on jumia please I need answers cuz I dont want jumia to seize my money
Save ursef the stress.... grin grin grin grin... It's too good to be real
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by swagifted(m): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
Protein0:
SMILE 4G network. kiss
is that all, that you can't use smile 4G on it? because i use airtel and ntel for 4G purposes, but asides that, like can i still use google play and all its services like the global version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
Please can the xiaomi quickcharge, charge my romoss powerbank?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
swagifted:
is that all, that you can't use smile 4G on it? because i use airtel and ntel for 4G purposes, but asides that, like can i still use google play and all its services like the global version?
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by swagifted(m): 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
Protein0:
Yes
thank you very much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
henry007:

They better bring devices at all price points + service centers at the same time so the fans(who bought online) can help spread the word. If they only bring the Redmi Go and skip out on the rest, even their small fan base are less likely to sing praises about it.
i hope they do too, but one adage says that "you don't test the depth of a river with both legs". So whatever they do, i will understand. Also I am expecting any mi branded phone for now.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jameslojohn(m): 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

No point to drag Futher, i believe d Redmi 6a will be a better example

2gb Ram 16Gb Rom for 32-33k But lack finger print Sensor

As against 1gb Ram 16gb Rom with finger print sensor (for an Android Go edition device and XOS Hummingbird) d 1gb will cope just fine
says you but to my understanding 1gb ram feet cope with the (Andriod go UX or UI) but no be when you dey run apps for background
but if you are looking for performance in that price rang Helio A22 na sure bet with Antutu benchmark of Xiaomi Redmi 6A 60,186 which tecno and etc way dey sale that price way feet beat that score even they almight Tecno Pouvoir 2 of 40+ no even feet get 30k for Antutu benchmark
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
toppzzyy:
guy, Lenovo k5play Vs umidigi A3 pro. which should I go for?
LenovoK5play, but i prefer huawei honor 6x 32gb 16nm processor for N34,000 over it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
jameslojohn:
says you but to my understanding 1gb ram feet cope with the (Andriod go UX or UI) but no be when you dey run apps for background
but if you are looking for formance in that price rang Helio A22 na sure bet with Antutu benchmark of Xiaomi Redmi 6A 60,186 which tecno and etc way dey sale that price way feet beat that score even they almight Tecno Pouvoir 2 of 40+ no even feet get 30k for Antutu benchmark
true sha but sometimes,antutu doesnt mean everything
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
Protein0:
cheesy
Everything he said was right, even the ones he is yet to say.
All of dem are right cool

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
gidieberry:
this fella u quote no sabi meaning of android GO ooo

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jameslojohn(m): 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
true sha but sometimes,antutu doesnt mean everything
But without benchmark how will you know that Helio P60 is better than Snapdragon 625 in perfarmance or why Snapdragon 450 is better than Snapdragon 808 in performance as you said benchmark doesnt mean even if phone company cheat'ed in dey benchmark last,last when the phone enter market people go know the real score so benchmark divid the wolf from sheep
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
jameslojohn:
But without benchmark how will you know that Helio P60 is better than Snapdragon 625 in perfarmance or why Snapdragon 450 is better than Snapdragon 808 in performance as you said benchmark doesnt mean even if phone company cheat'ed in dey benchmark last,last when the phone enter market people go know the real score so benchmark divid the wolf from sheep
wow sd450 is better than 808? i be no know ooo i thought 808=652 .....anyway i said that coz people said that d 6a have high score,but d experience is same as 5a,i no no if its true tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
ubev01:
i hope they do too, but one adage says that "you don't test the depth of a river with both legs". So whatever they do, i will understand. Also I am expecting any mi branded phone for now.

Another says "Go big or go home"

Their Nigerian fans/users are kinda tech savvy with a slightly higher buying power than that Redmi Go price. Besides, how can you have a stand at any major outlet with just one phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
jameslojohn:

Are you making an argument for Antutu meaning everything?

People on a budget who rely on benchmark scores alone sometimes end up buying end of life former flagships that are instant heating pads and hang like crazy.

Met a few S7/S7 edge users who have to endure mad lags even in doing simple things like taking photos.

Probably coz of throttling.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ekesoft(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
Any data reseller available?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

First of all go get d Soc right and ask me d question again
I meant processor, not GPU, and besides I ran through both processors' specs and benchmark before quoting you at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (4352) (4353) (4354) (4355) (4356) (4357) (4358) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amstamon, tudy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.