Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9291725 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4353) (4354) (4355) (4356) (4357) (4358) (4359) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
ekesoft:
Any data reseller available?
calyx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
nwaobitex:
Ok help me out guys
My budget is 65k which good ass phone can I get right now
I want it before next weekend
It mustn't be Xiaomi. I've been hearing of the X5 lately.
I need your suggestions guys
nokia x5 on jumia express is about 48k for 3/32,and 58k for 4/64 on jumia global
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Topshow4real: 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
I don't know why different wallpaper appears on my redmi N6 pro lock screen. I've selected the lock screen wallpaper I prefer, but it's not displaying it.

It started yesterday, it used to display my preferred photo on lock screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stargazer7890(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
is it still available?
regfak:
Brand new Redmi Note 6 Pro.....4gb ram and 64GB rom for sale @78000k.....contact 09022994901.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
sureteeboy:

I meant processor, not GPU, and besides I ran through both processors' specs and benchmark before quoting you at all

The Soc is MT6739 Lte took it over 6a bcus of d finger print scanner which is available on the smart but not available on d 6a

D android go edition and xos hummingbird can compensate for d extra ram not available on d smart

Finger print over extra 1gb ram

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlvaroMorata(m): 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

The Soc is MT6739 Lte took it over 6a bcus of d finger print scanner which is available on the smart but not available on d 6a

D android go edition and xos hummingbird can compensate for d extra ram not available on d smart

Finger print over extra 1b ram

Lol, biko end this argument. Your views/opinions are quite funny grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jean007: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
How long does it typically take for an order to get to your local p.o after getting to Nigeria, message I have on 17track "NGLOSA, RECEIVE ITEM AT OFFICE OF Exchange" it has been there since 21st
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
AlvaroMorata:

. Hav u actually use an Android go edition device?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ekesoft(m): 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
Protein0:
9calyx
already found one... Someone recommended him in some previous page..... @Treasuresphere
his legit...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
AlvaroMorata:

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:
. Hav u actually use an Android go edition device?
its not up to what u get one a 2gb ram,it cant even play pubg, xos or any skin on android go makes d os heavy for a 1gb ram,besides,d only thing i know xos nd hios have is lockscreen wallpaper, no features,these phone re wat i can find nd use anywhere here, nd android go on itels(stock) re more smoother than skined android go on tecno or infinix,android go re not meant to be skined sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyeleye101(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
ekesoft:
already found one... Someone recommended him in some previous page..... @Treasurespherehe his legit...
Which network data he dey sell?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2019
henry007:

Another says "Go big or go home"

Their Nigerian fans/users are kinda tech savvy with a slightly higher buying power than that Redmi Go price. Besides, how can you have a stand at any major outlet with just one phone?
Exactly my thoughts.
I don't see the Go phone as a capable competitor for transsion's myriad of phones, gaskiya.
Forget about the processor or build quality.

Transsion's dominance of the continent's phone market share is courtesy of our economic realities and average psyche. I respect the founder of Transsion in that he has a brand for virtually each sub segment of the low social class which invariably forms the bulk of our population.
Any brand that will challenge them will be as present, at least, as tecno/infinix/itel/ at the grassroots which will shoot retail price up. Any phone shop in Nigeria that doesn't have heavy display of Tecno/infinix/itel stickers is still playing. Infact, some of them can be taken for Tecno offices.
If gionee couldnt do it lipsrsealed

The best segment Xiaomi could have targeted is the mid range segment. They could have targeted this segment and crush it. If apple can shine with its line of products. Transsion is not competing in the flagship segment sef. They know it's not for dem. Lol

Their coming or not, flagship users aren't affected. I know lots of people that can't use something other than Oneplus. They don't need service centres or adverts to be fanboys. That's the interesting thing about this segment

NB We're discussing market share and not product quality or value for money. The fact still remains that no N5 phone can be as good as a Xiaomi phone of N5 but this is Africa where what inform our decisions and thinking is beyond the obvious. Only those that sell phones can relate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 10:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
Protein0:

Exactly my thoughts.
I don't see the Go phone as a capable competitor for transsion's myriad of phones, gaskiya.
Forget about the processor or build quality.

Transsion's dominance of the continent's phone market share is courtesy of our economic realities and average psyche. I respect the founder of Transsion in that he has a brand for virtually each sub segment of the low social class which invariably forms the bulk of our population.
Any brand that will challenge them will be as present, at least, as tecno/infinix/itel/ at the grassroots which will shoot retail price up. Any phone shop in Nigeria that doesn't have heavy display of Tecno/infinix/itel stickers is still playing. Infact, some of them can be taken for Tecno office.
If gionee couldnt do it lipsrsealed

The best segment Xiaomi could have targeted is the mid range segment. They could have targeted this segment and crush it. If apple can shine with its line of products. Transsion is not competing in the flagship segment sef. They know it's not for dem. Lol

Their coming or not, flagship users aren't affected.

NB We're discussing market share and not product quality or value for money. The fact still remains that no N5 phone can be as good as a Xiaomi phone of N5 but this is Africa where what inform our decisions and thinking is beyond the obvious. Only those that sell phones can relate

They have hacked my Boss NL account
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
macbeyland:
Item sent on the 17th Jan via Signpost has arrived Nigeria, the ones sent early December and even early January via same carrier haven't entered.
. Please sir do you have the floeveme qc 3.0 charger
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
Oyeleye101:

Which network data he dey sell?

All
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
LenovoK5play, but i prefer huawei honor 6x 32gb 16nm processor for N34,000 over it

na old phone and how good is the ba3?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
Please, I need a review on xiaomi redmi note 4x. How strong is the battery (SOT) and what's the performance of the phone for those who have used it. I will gladly appreciate reviews please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
CitySect1:
Please, I need a review on xiaomi redmi note 4x. How strong is the battery (SOT) and what's the performance of the phone for those who have used it. I will gladly appreciate reviews please
Google is your friend
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
CitySect1:

Note 4x is a very good phone and the battery is great too. I still an average of 8-9 hours SOT and I've been using it for 11 months. But instead of the Note 4x why not go for Note 5 AI

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

They have hacked my Boss NL account
If stating facts amounts to being hacked, you're right.

I have had to gift phones to few people in recent times. It was only one of them I gave xiaomi. Others appreciated Tecno more which doesn't mean it was better but that's what they "Know" and already admire in people's hands over time. Be persistent with falsehood, people will take it for truth, it's psychology. It was a bonus for me of course... I spent lesser cheesy
An average Nigerian phone user will go to phone shop to buy "the type of phone their neighbour uses" or "any other one within their pocket size".

There is no one that won't want to enjoy flaship experience na, just sell them at budget prices and see cheesy cheesy

Check these instances, a man saw Oneplus 6 on me. He obviously loved it. He asked for the price as he was willing to buy. I didn't want to sound 'wasteful', I told him 50k. He exclaimed! "It's for the rich. This my phone is good too, I can't spend that much on a mere phone" cheesy cheesy
He uses Tecno K7.

A fellow had seen Samsung note 8 on me and spent quite some minutes admiring it. He loved it, no doubt. He asked for the price as usual, I told him. He said "apart from the Spen, what else can it do that my phone can't do?". He uses one 2018 infinix. This is a well read "yoot" grin. Who can afford it but he just didn't feel it was worth it.

I can go on and on. This is the case with most smartphone users in Nigeria/Africa that gave Transsion the dominating figure.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
shosky1794:

Note 4x is a very good phone and the battery is great too. I still an average of 8-9 hours SOT and I've been using it for 11 months. But instead of the Note 4x why not go for Note 5 AI

Cash constraints boss. The note 5 AI costs more than the note 4x as at when it was available on jumia 2days ago
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
EBUBS:

Google is your friend

thanks for ur comment nonetheless. Value more comments dt are tilted on the review of the product. thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
shosky1794:

8-9hrs with 4G bolts truout sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
Cynsee:
. Please sir do you have the floeveme qc 3.0 charger

Yes its available. Chat me up on 08062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Protein0:

If stating fact amounts to being hacked, you're right.

I have had to gift phones to few people in recent times. It was only one of them I gave xiaomi. Others appreciated Tecno more which doesn't mean it was better but that's what they "Know" and already admire in people's hands over time. Be persistent with falsehood, people will take it for truth, it's psychology. It was a bonus for me of course... I spent lesser cheesy
An average Nigerian phone user will go to phone shop to buy "the type of phone their neighbour uses" or "any other one within their pocket size".

There is no one that won't want to enjoy flaship experience na, just sell them at budget prices and see cheesy cheesy

Check these instances, a man saw Oneplus 6 on me. He obviously loved it. He asked for the price as he was willing to buy. I didn't want to sound 'wasteful', I told him 50k. He exclaimed! "It's for the rich. This my phone is good too, I can't spend that much on a mere phone" cheesy cheesy
He uses Tecno K7.

A fellow had seen Samsung note 8 on me and spent quite some minutes admiring it. He loved it, no doubt. He asked for the price as usual, I told him. He said "apart from the Spen, what else can it do that my phone can't do?". He uses one 2018 infinix. This is a well read "yoot" grin. Who can afford it but he just didn't feel it was worth it.

I can go on and on. This is the case with most smartphone users in Nigeria/Africa that gave Transsion the dominating figure.

This is the reality. The Naija experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jameslojohn(m): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

Finger print over extra 1gb ram
but what about performance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
spartacus11:

Does quick charge spoil battery?

Not really.

Newer batteries produced are made to withstand fast charge without much degradation of battery life span.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
nwaobitex:
Ok help me out guys
My budget is 65k which good ass phone can I get right now
I want it before next weekend
It mustn't be Xiaomi. I've been hearing of the X5 lately.
I need your suggestions guys
Redmi note 5 4gb 64gb... 070three1080two87
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
EBUBS:

Here you go...

This is a total abuse of the review feature.

How can users who haven't purchased the device be able to even give ratings.... that's wrong
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
CitySect1:
I'm not sure that's what u want in 2019... Come let's chat. 070three1080two87
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
ekesoft:
Any data reseller available?

here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4353) (4354) (4355) (4356) (4357) (4358) (4359) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.