Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195384 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2019
mercikelly:
Noobody just delivered my pocophone, his customer relation is good and always available to answer questions at all time...made the order on the 20th March n got it 8th April today, phone is smooth smiley wink

All thanks to God for a succesful and swift transaction,
Thanks for the great feedback,
Well appreciated,

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xclusive43(m): 11:26am On Apr 14, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Wrong thread cheesy cheesy
Sombory cannot talk about ROM here in peace undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGokay(m): 11:38am On Apr 14, 2019
vower:
Does the pocophone gets hot. I'm thinking of selling this mi8se nd getting it.

It's the only xiaomi phone that gets very hot. Sometimes it reaches 50°

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:41am On Apr 14, 2019
xclusive43:

Sombory cannot talk about ROM here in peace undecided

Why are you so touchy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuchwhite: 11:48am On Apr 14, 2019
veramani31:

When did you get the 10.3.4 update? I'm still on 10.2

go to setting and click check update. you should get it..make sure u are connected to a wireless network cos I did mine while I was connected to the office network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
MrGokay:

It's the only xiaomi phone that gets very hot. Sometimes it reaches 50°
Are you for real or joking.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
Difference between the Original and Copy Version of the Xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank based on test carried out by me.

So on Friday, I finally laid my hands on the copy version of xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank which a Chinese supplier sent to me instead of the original.

Result of the test carried out.

The first difference you would notice is the verification label and code on the package. On the original power bank, the website for verification is chaxun.mi.com. This link takes you to the official xiaomi website for verification, website is secure.
On the copy brand however, you get a label also but the website for verification is chaxunmi.cn. This address takes you to a clone xiaomi website that is not secure.

On the content of the package, the USB cable that comes in both package look similar but the one in the original one looks more flexible and slightly lighter while the one in the copy brand feels rigid.

On the power bank itself, the original is slightly heavier and more compact than the copy version. The copy brand has this slightly hollow feel to it when you tap it with your finger.

On the USB interface on the power bank, the original is white in color with mi logo created very tiny inside. You have to look well to see it. On the copy brand, the usb interface is dark in color without mi logo there.

On the power indicator light, the original looks cool and friendly to the eyes but on the copy brand, the light looks so sharp and not so friendly to the eyes. In fact, this is a major difference one would notice.

Out of the box, the original power bank usually comes with just one light of power (charge) while the copy brand comes with full 4 power charge.

Both the original and the copy brand have QC 3.0 output and input charge, meaning they both charge fast.
However, for one weird reason, when I tried the copy brand on the mi max 3, it refused to show the fast charging screen indicator even when it was obvious that the phone was charging very rapidly. I got the max 3 battery from 48% to 82 percent in around 1 hour. Personally, I am tempted to think that the copy brand even charges faster than the original lol, maybe same speed but certainly, the copy doesn't charge less fast.
I am suspecting that the copy brand might have pump express capability also. This is not verified though.

In terms of LED indicator accuracy, I think that the copy brand is less accurate. The main strength lies in the 4 full lights on. It takes a very long time to drop one light but once that happens, it doesn't take too long to get to empty charge. Same also applies when charging the power bank.
The original one however is perfectly accurate in indication both for charging and discharging.

When using the power bank to charge, the light indicator of both the original and the copy brand are different… The original one charges with all the lights that show battery status blinking at the same time. On the copy brand, the light indicators don't blink. They just stay stable. When charging the power bank however, both original and copy have similar light display behavior.

I used the copy brand to charge my redmi note 5 and it charged it full with the 4 light indicators still there without any dropping. Also used it to charge max 3 from 48 percent to 82 percent before it died. Note however, that I didn't use the copy power bank fully charged. I was still charging it yesterday when I had to turn off my generator midnight, also, it was the same power bank that I used to run my USB fan for 7 hours till day break. It was this morning that I used it for this test after it had served my USB fan.

On the whole, I am pleased with the copy brand in that it has QC 3.0 but I feel it might not hold up to 20,000mah battery inside. This I have not verified.

VERDICT
Overall, I think the copy brand doesn't perform as well as the original especially in power retention. I might be wrong though.
However, I believe you get value for what you pay if you buy it from 6 thousand naira and below.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
Airtel can't stop me from downloading.....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xclusive43(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Why are you so touchy?
You sounded serious
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xclusive43(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
genius43:
Airtel can't stop me from downloading.....

Gimme guide to join u on Airtel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
xclusive43:

You sounded serious

Sounded serious even with the inserted emojis? Ok.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
Facebook, WhatsApp and instagram is down

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
saky18:
Facebook, WhatsApp and instagram is down
lies am using
whatsapp and face book nowoooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
xclusive43:

Gimme guide to join u on Airtel

No longer using them since they decided to reduce the amount of data on their Night plan

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xclusive43(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Sounded serious even with the inserted emojis? Ok.
Ok..emoji oversight
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
excuse mi , I wantu derail small

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexerking(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2019
fantilopezzy:
lies am using
whatsapp and face book nowoooo
yours working doesn't make it a lie.my gb whatsapp isnt working but official is working. mtcheww see as he types lies self undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
fantilopezzy:
lies am using whatsapp and face book nowoooo

You can argue with yourself till eternity. I no send you. A little search on google could have saved you from embarrassing yourself.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
flexerking:
yours working doesn't make it a lie.my gb whatsapp isnt working but official is working. mtcheww see as he types lies self undecided

Leave am, make him expose himself finish undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
Facebook is down
WhatSapp is down but thankfully Nairaland and Twitter land aren't down.�
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
hello mi family is there any med store like aliexpress i can buy med and get it shipped to Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mistermorex: 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
RN7 users, who have this update and how far with it?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
messymelly:
hello mi family is there any med store like aliexpress i can buy med and get it shipped to Nigeria

Probably supplements. Not sure of prescription medications
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
xclusive43:
Finally ported to EU ROM on my RN7

What's special about this EU rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
Still looking o. shocked shocked

demalo:
Pls anyone who sells screen guard for pocofone F1 should kindly indicate and send me a PM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xclusive43(m): 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
Damoxy:

What's special about this EU rom?

Still exploring for now..
At least am free from bloatware
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
xclusive43:

Still exploring for now..
At least am free from bloatware
That's one thing i don't even know... Wat is a bloatware? undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
saky18:

Probably supplements. Not sure of prescription medications
Schizophrenia pills
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
messymelly:

Schizophrenia pills
prescription gotten for it already?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
Protein0:
prescription gotten for it already?

not yet but I have recommendations till it's confirmed by a doc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ayomikun2820(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
Please does any one have or know anyone that has a 64Gb memory card for sale and available for pick up today? (Lagos)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2019
messymelly:

not yet but I have recommendations till it's confirmed by a doc
you dont need any medicine, just order this one ..
https://www.nairaland.com/4825354/cook?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqF62teNyE7yymB#77534402

(1) (2) (3) ... (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olavincentus and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.