Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195269 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) (4680) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
messymelly:

not yet but I have recommendations till it's confirmed by a doc
neuroleptics aren't by recommendations. Specific complaints and positive /negative symptoms determine what drugs are most suitable for what case.

Also, a GP is highly limited in helping. Kindly see a psychiatrist for the most suitable prescription. kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2019
demalo:
Still looking o. shocked shocked

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
demalo:
Still looking o. shocked shocked
available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kenny903(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
macbeyland:
Difference between the Original and Copy Version of the Xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank based on test carried out by me.

So on Friday, I finally laid my hands on the copy version of xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank which a Chinese supplier sent to me instead of the original.

Result of the test carried out.

The first difference you would notice is the verification label and code on the package. On the original power bank, the website for verification is chaxun.mi.com. This link takes you to the official xiaomi website for verification, website is secure.
On the copy brand however, you get a label also but the website for verification is chaxunmi.cn. This address takes you to a clone xiaomi website that is not secure.

On the content of the package, the USB cable that comes in both package look similar but the one in the original one looks more flexible and slightly lighter while the one in the copy brand feels rigid.

On the power bank itself, the original is slightly heavier and more compact than the copy version. The copy brand has this slightly hollow feel to it when you tap it with your finger.

On the USB interface on the power bank, the original is white in color with mi logo created very tiny inside. You have to look well to see it. On the copy brand, the usb interface is dark in color without mi logo there.

On the power indicator light, the original looks cool and friendly to the eyes but on the copy brand, the light looks so sharp and not so friendly to the eyes. In fact, this is a major difference one would notice.

Out of the box, the original power bank usually comes with just one light of power (charge) while the copy brand comes with full 4 power charge.

Both the original and the copy brand have QC 3.0 output and input charge, meaning they both charge fast.
However, for one weird reason, when I tried the copy brand on the mi max 3, it refused to show the fast charging screen indicator even when it was obvious that the phone was charging very rapidly. I got the max 3 battery from 48% to 82 percent in around 1 hour. Personally, I am tempted to think that the copy brand even charges faster than the original lol, maybe same speed but certainly, the copy doesn't charge less fast.
I am suspecting that the copy brand might have pump express capability also. This is not verified though.

In terms of LED indicator accuracy, I think that the copy brand is less accurate. The main strength lies in the 4 full lights on. It takes a very long time to drop one light but once that happens, it doesn't take too long to get to empty charge. Same also applies when charging the power bank.
The original one however is perfectly accurate in indication both for charging and discharging.

When using the power bank to charge, the light indicator of both the original and the copy brand are different… The original one charges with all the lights that show battery status blinking at the same time. On the copy brand, the light indicators don't blink. They just stay stable. When charging the power bank however, both original and copy have similar light display behavior.

I used the copy brand to charge my redmi note 5 and it charged it full with the 4 light indicators still there without any dropping. Also used it to charge max 3 from 48 percent to 82 percent before it died. Note however, that I didn't use the copy power bank fully charged. I was still charging it yesterday when I had to turn off my generator midnight, also, it was the same power bank that I used to run my USB fan for 7 hours till day break. It was this morning that I used it for this test after it had served my USB fan.

On the whole, I am pleased with the copy brand in that it has QC 3.0 but I feel it might not hold up to 20,000mah battery inside. This I have not verified.

VERDICT
Overall, I think the copy brand doesn't perform as well as the original especially in power retention. I might be wrong though.
However, I believe you get value for what you pay if you buy it from 6 thousand naira and below.

Is the Xiaomi power bank 3 worth buying over the 2c? What's the difference between the 2 sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kenny903:

Is the Xiaomi power bank 3 worth buying over the 2c? What's the difference between the 2 sir?
Same capacity but power bank 3 has usb type c.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8J7lCAs38w
As the phone dey break, my heart dey break with am.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
atheistandproud:

Lol.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
nabeans:
Sorry guys, just couldn't help posting this... Been waiting so long..... Na tomorrow or next.. depending grin

What i can't wait for is to see if the Mi Store is gonna open with Redmi Note 7, and to see if the price is gonna be reasonable. If not Xiaomi just shot themselves in the leg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xclusive43(m): 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Ifedith:

That's one thing i don't even know... Wat is a bloatware? undecided
Space eating unimportant apps

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kenny903:

Almost same but 3 topping up or recharging is faster than 2c, like 4hrs via type C input. No other advantage. Talking from experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
See

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Repairguru(m): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2019
tidedroid:
check here https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/59
I have note 7 instock contact me on WhatsApp 08082409934
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
cheesy U can pre order through Protein0 for d Xiaomi power bank 3 20000mah

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
ibawon:

What i can't wait for is to see if the Mi Store is gonna open with Redmi Note 7, and to see if the price is gonna be reasonable. If not Xiaomi just shot themselves in the leg

Na why i dey delay my purchase of the note 7. I wan see if the price go dey reasonable for naija, if na around that 60 - 70 range, na to buy for here go sure pass. One thing is, if note 7 should launch here, sold out status sure for am

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
flexerking:
yours working doesn't make it a lie.my gb whatsapp isnt working but official is working. mtcheww see as he types lies self undecided
yeah show me the correct way to type it bro
since nah you go school pass
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
saky18:

You can argue with yourself till eternity. I no send you.
A little search on google could have saved you from embarrassing yourself.
thanks
ok foolish kid
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kenny903(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
busuyi44:

Almost same but 3 topping up or recharging is faster than 2c, like 4hrs via type C input. No other advantage. Talking from experience.

So the 2c can charge a USC type C phone like note 7 then? Only advantage is it can be charged through the type c port?

I'll just buy the type 2C then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
atheistandproud:

This guy ehn... See as he destroyed a phone I'm wishing to own. Issokay anyways
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
Protein0:
neuroleptics aren't by recommendations. Specific complaints and positive /negative symptoms determine what drugs are most suitable for what case.

Also, a GP is highly limited in helping. Kindly see a psychiatrist for the most suitable prescription. kiss
I chatted with a doc from Canada he prescribed some drugs , it's totally different from the one she's taking and it's not something I can talk about here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kenny903:

So the 2c can charge a USC type C phone like note 7 then? Only advantage is it can be charged through the type c port?

I'll just buy the type 2C then
Yes, 2c can charge any phone including your Note 7 perfectly

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
ibawon:

same here 23 should be easter and we get burial on 25
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
busuyi44:
See

My eyes are on that romoss sense 8 30000mah power bank, heard great things about it.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
What's your location and how much does the screen guard cost?
Lkj20:
available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
fibonacci2526:

My eyes are on that romoss sense 8 30000mah power bank, heard great things about it.
but miss
ooo
i heard charging phones with power bank isn't really
battery safe
cus it will definitely make the Battery to have a short life span
is this true

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
fantilopezzy:
but miss
ooo
battery safe
is this true

I had been using Romoss sense 6p to charge my Redmi 5 plus for the past 10 months. No damage to phone battery and the powerbank still serving me well.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
fantilopezzy:
but miss
ooo
battery safe
is this true
Well, maybe with a fake pb. I have not noticed any sudden phone battery depreciation with either Aukey or Xiaomi pb.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Hook up with Just2endowed2 for 1

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
xclusive43:

Space eating unimportant apps
All operating systems comes with them... I mean all.
Some u can uninstall, others u can't.
And wat u consider unimportant is important to someone else.
... Hope u understand what I mean sha.
For me, there's no useless app that is taking more than 50mb sef... That size is too small to even consider as anything meaningful.
Any app i uninstall is because i don't need it, definitely not cus of space in a 64gb rom and above device.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
a little help needed here...

how do I order xiaomi phones from aliexpress? are they trustworthy? will it be delivered to my given address or to a post office? do I have to pay for the delivery?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
macbeyland:
Difference between the Original and Copy Version of the Xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank based on test carried out by me.

So on Friday, I finally laid my hands on the copy version of xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank which a Chinese supplier sent to me instead of the original.

VERDICT
Overall, I think the copy brand doesn't perform as well as the original especially in power retention. I might be wrong though.
However, I believe you get value for what you pay if you buy it from 6 thousand naira and below.
How about opening a dispute, returning it, or you already knew before hand?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
mindtricks:

How about opening a dispute, returning it, or you already knew before hand?
wasn't bought off aliexpress or alibaba
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
lanre316:

I had been using Romoss sense 6p to charge my Redmi 5 plus for the past 10 months. No damage to phone battery and the powerbank still serving me well.
wow nice to hear then

(1) (2) (3) ... (4674) (4675) (4676) (4677) (4678) (4679) (4680) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.