Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9177003 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4689) (4690) (4691) (4692) (4693) (4694) (4695) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jidibia(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2019
donbenie:
That's for those on the know here..

Take the two to any brick and mortar market for resale and the A30 will trump it..

The average buyer on the street knows the Samsung Galaxy brand,the same cannot be said of Xiaomi..
Lol... Its not by knowing Samsung brand, its by how much they are ready to offer. Samsung phones don't have 2nd resale values cus a lot of people will be pricing rubbish price cus they think they can use that money u want to sell your second hand Samsung phone to buy a brand new infinix, gionee and tecno phones or better still xiaomi or umidigi. Eg, if you buy a Samsung phone of 60k now and u want to sell it so urgent, people will be pricing 20k or las las 25-30k. So now tell me where is the 2nd resale value here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2019
muyibabs:

How far with this issue?

Log in to your mi account on browser, click on settings and share the screenshot. Also click the avatar icon and select Account then share the screenshot too) Those two screenshots will shed light on the situation.

I sent an email to their customer service and they asked me to provide some information about my phone.
That, i have done this morning.
i sent them snapshots of the purchase invoice, order/tracking number, exact location where the mi account was created and my first and last names. So, any moment from today, I should be good to go.

Thanks a bunch for your concern.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Israellionel: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2019
Oyeleye101:
Wic network 4G u dey use?
Airtel Sir!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WhoDeyThere(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Israellionel:
Just Got An Update On My Redmi 5 Plus.
Super Sleek I Must Say.
which font app are you using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2019
donbenie:
Samsung has the highest resale value of any Smartphone bar iPhone..

Everybody knows Samsung,most don't know Xiaomi and will take some convincing to buy a second hand of it..

And even at that,they will price it at a much cheaper price compared to a Samsung..
Make we nr argue here, experience na good teacher, nr b theory I dey quote, I know how many used Xiaomi I don sell, I nr fit sell any Samsung midrange at such rates. The depreciation
for Samsung phones even the S series na bomb.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2019
See this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:58am On Apr 17, 2019
Jidibia:

Lol... Its not by knowing Samsung brand, its by how much they are ready to offer. Samsung phones don't have 2nd resale values cus a lot of people will be pricing rubbish price cus they think they can use that money u want to sell your second hand Samsung phone to buy a brand new infinix, gionee and tecno phones or better still xiaomi or umidigi. Eg, if you buy a Samsung phone of 60k now and u want to sell it so urgent, people will be pricing 20k or las las 25-30k. So now tell me where is the 2nd resale value here?
You have a strong point here, imagine the price one can sell a used S8 now, even used s9, people will be quick to remind you of the current price for new ones grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donbenie(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
Jidibia:

If Samsung doesn't have a 2nd hand resale value,which phone has?

If you place a used Samsung Note 8 alongside a used Xiaomi Mi 8 at Computer Village, which phone do you think people will gravitate towards?

If people price Samsung used phones rubbish prices like you said,

What do you think they'll do to the price of a used Xiaomi Phone at Emeka Offor Plaza at ONITSHA..

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
eleojo23:

Shebi some people fight as usual abi?

Gimme summary abeg cheesy

Summary go be like Nigeria film ooo, and I no Sabi talk story
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donbenie(m): 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
Gptech:

Make we nr argue here, experience na good teacher, nr b theory I dey quote, I know how many used Xiaomi I don sell, I nr fit sell any Samsung midrange at such rates. The depreciation
for Samsung phones even the S series na bomb.
And am talking from experience too,

Humans gravitate towards what they are most familiar with,that's why TECNO sells a whole lot of Phones in Nigeria..

The average person in Nigeria does not go online to check out the best models for their money..

They go with what they are most familiar with and the great majority of Nigerians don't know of Xiaomi,

Only those familiar with the brand will splurge good money for a used Xiaomi..

MOST will go for a used Galaxy..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
ladiesreject:

I sent an email to their customer service and they asked me to provide some information about my phone.
That, i have done this morning.
i sent them snapshots of the purchase invoice, order/tracking number, exact location where the mi account was created and my first and last names. So, any moment from today, I should be good to go.

Thanks a bunch for your concern.

this is a good move, I wanted to tell u to mail them earlier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Israellionel: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
WhoDeyThere:
which font app are you using
Sweetie Sir!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
Not Again . Which kind wahala be this again.

If u like sell Ur Samsung 5k, if u like sell Ur xiaomi 5k, na u know ojere.

Just for the record, I have never sold my xiaomi phone below its Net Book Value.

Either u like, accept or reject the fact, Samsung prices drop drastically with time. That's a proven fact.

And when making sales, you need to know Ur target market.

I no dey argue, pls, don't qoute me oooooooo grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deolaw: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
Good evening beautiful people. I would like to have a Xiaomi phone with the budget of 45000 - 50000. Can anyone recommend any for me? Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deolaw:
Good evening beautiful people. I would like to have a Xiaomi phone with the budget of 45000 - 50000. Can anyone recommend any for me? Thank you

U can get Redmi 7 3gb ram 32gb rom for 48k.

Kindly chat me up to place ur order.

Check my contact on my signature.

Cheers grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
this is a good move, I wanted to tell u to mail them earlier

Yea, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
kallmemrB:
I get font as my location is Nigeria

Lucky u then.... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
KCnaira:
I need a Black Redmi Note 7 pro or 7, 6gb/128gb Global Edition

But i have a 6 MONTHS old BLACK REDMI Note 5AI 4gb/64gb Complete with follow come charger 1 clear case and one tough black case all in box for sale
FOR SALE/ SWAP @ 52000 NGN.

Am in amuwo odofin Lagos 08127697778
Contact me, price is slightly negotiable.

Cc nobody cc ifedith cc protein cc Macbey. Thank you all great Xiaomites
Pls help me, so i can sell this old one and buy the new Redmi note 7 Pro..
First off, there's no global version in pro... But i take extra care of my customers, by doing all the necessary installations.so u can have a hitch free experience... If you're interested
070three1080two87
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deolaw:
Redmi 7....070three1080two87 if interested
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
As seen on jumia

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
genius43:

Summary go be like Nigeria film ooo, and I no Sabi talk story
No wahala cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
StRichard:
this is what I'm getting
ehn select one. The first time mtn brought the plan, a sim was only allowed to access one option. I dunno about now but I selected the 1gb plan and it worked for me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ifedith:
Redmi 7....070three1080two87 if interested
how much is it on jumia?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
donbenie:

If you place a used Samsung Note 8 alongside a used Xiaomi Mi 8 at Computer Village, which phone do you think people will gravitate towards?

What do you think they'll do to the price of a used Xiaomi Phone at Emeka Offor Plaza at ONITSHA..
at what rate. hello Samsung second hand value done perish immediately Xiaomi show face

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
Guys, which do you think it's a better buy between Redmi 5 plus and Redmi 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBoy1740: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
T0MMY:
I believe this is true. I got a new sim 5 days ago (0901). Double data only worked once and that was it.

Did you switch to another tariff plan? That can also disable the double data, happened to my brother some time ago.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
mathefaro:

Boss, the only edge Redmi 5 plus (1080 -full HD) has over Redmi 7 (720 -HD) is the screen resolution. Redmi 7 wins in the other aspect -Camera, Chipset, OS, design.

To me, I will opt in for Redmi 7.

Dont forget to patronize ur boy as usual. cool grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
Damoxy:
So my Redmi Note 7 finally came courtesy of Holuwaxheun. Smooth Transaction with him and he even saved my contact so I was enjoying his awesome WhatsApp Statuses.

The phone is sleek.

uncle I like your wallpaper, share please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
donbenie:

Bro, Emeka Offor plaza is mi home. They price brands that they don't know higher than a brand like Samsung. Take a galaxy s6 to Emeka Offor plaza now. If U're not careful, they'll make u an offer that'll prompt u to start a fight.

Infact, ppl here still de price my redmi note 4, 48k. Ordinary RN4, which I bought in 2017.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by T0MMY: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
TheBoy1740:

Did you switch to another tariff plan? That can also disable the double data, happened to my brother some time ago.
no. It just randomly stopped
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
how much is it on jumia?
52586... Global version... 3gb 32gb... Blue or black
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
mathefaro:
Redmi 7..... I'm ready wen ur ready... wink
070three1080two87

(1) (2) (3) ... (4689) (4690) (4691) (4692) (4693) (4694) (4695) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AlphaNugget(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.