Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9281755 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5250) (5251) (5252) (5253) (5254) (5255) (5256) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
IKON360:

No problem its the least we can do. Will you still upgrade to Pie?! Pie is wonderful o!!
if only my phone will not got bricked again,infact I was telling myself if na Cameroon rom I go install,make my phone just come back to life

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
vickthorious:

my 6th sense is telling me he's working with customs ..lol
he is also into Auto stuff,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
papiforreal:

1. Yes we have 4g coverage.
2. It's Chinese version with global rom.
3. Yes it's enabled. I confirmed that

From Answer 2. Here is what is going on, The Chinese version has no support for band 20. And MTN uses bands 7 & 20. And sometimes these two bands are not at the same location. So your area have only band 20 active which your phone lacks, that's why you are not getting the 4G signal.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
xpensivealex:
My faith set me free, my RN5 back to life,plenty accolades to lovexme for the trust and sincerity even wen we never meet,he received the phone at ojota park and flash it with lightening speed and still promise to send it back to Akure today.i hope to have Auto deals with u,my profound gratitude goes to everyone for their care and sympathy during the time my phone got bricked, ACEKID109 3gbosa for u, ADAMIX,Ewerex,jboizee,etc u have proved to me that naija go still better

Congratulations bro.... Like I say we are like a big extended family here. It is now more than a thread, we are a community on our own.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UbongCR7(m): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
PaulThor:

I noticed that in mine in the first 2 days but its gone now.. Though I haven't used it to play games..

How did u mk it to last
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UbongCR7(m): 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
seanwilliam:
tell me more pls. about to get the phone o. how is it? where u buy am?

Bought at 3chub, uyo.
Batery is wack.
Cost of phone was 71500 there.
I just d regret.
I go still change am finally to better phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
xpensivealex:
My faith set me free, my RN5 back to life,plenty accolades to lovexme for the trust and sincerity even wen we never meet,he received the phone at ojota park and flash it with lightening speed and still promise to send it back to Akure today.i hope to have Auto deals with u,my profound gratitude goes to everyone for their care and sympathy during the time my phone got bricked, ACEKID109 3gbosa for u, ADAMIX,Ewerex,jboizee,etc u have proved to me that naija go still better
Congrats!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kakashiii(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
elantraceey:

wow, congrats, big thumbs up to y'all.

Sorry for the loss of your phone. You'll surely get a better one. Any success in tracking it yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Gptech:

Congrats!
thank u so much bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
genius43:

From Answer 2. Here is what is going on, The Chinese version has no support for band 20. And MTN uses bands 7 & 20. And sometimes these two bands are not at the same location. So your area have only band 20 active which your phone lacks, that's why you are not getting the 4G signal.
No solution?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
UbongCR7:

Bought at 3chub, uyo.
Batery is wack.
I just d regret.

Sorry bro.

And funny thing is the guys on their thread were just hyping the phone.

We look forward to seeing you join the Xiaomi family.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
elantraceey:

Agbor Delta state.
Haaaaaa, Agbor !!!, robbers' den. I left that town because of this. No security of life and properties. God is ur comforter

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good day everyone, I have been following this thread for quite some time now and I love seeing the oneness and community spirit here. I am planning to get the Redmi Note 7 but I see that some people are having issues with theirs. And I am seeing new/strange words like bootlocker, rooting, and others. Please I want to know, is this phone user friendly? Is it easy to use or is it a complicated device? One thing I know is that the people here are willing to help but I hope it won't be as if I ask for too much.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
papiforreal:

No solution?

The only solution is getting a MIFI. That's why most people opt for Global Version over Global ROM

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ovems:
Good day everyone, I have been following this thread for quite some time now and I love seeing the oneness and community spirit here. I am planning to get the Redmi Note 7 but I see that some people are having issues with theirs. And I am seeing new/strange words like bootlocker, rooting, and others. Please I want to know, is this phone user friendly? Is it easy to use or is it a complicated device? One thing I know is that the people here are willing to help but I hope it won't be as if I ask for too much.

It is very user friendly. You don't need to root to enjoy your device. As for the issues they are isolated and most atimes they get solved with software updates.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
genius43:

The only solution is getting a MIFI. That's why most people opt for Global Version over Global ROM
Alright. Thanks
I'll be patient till note 8 pro or k30 pro is out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
jboixxx:

Hahahaha! Just upgrade 1st and let us know if it's safe to wink.
I'm already on Pie, I was just wondering if he will try again. He should know that Pie is wonderful
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
papiforreal:

Alright. Thanks
I'll be patient till note 8 pro or k30 pro is out.

Lol, The Mi 9t has all 4G bands though

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
xpensivealex:
if only my phone will not got bricked again,infact I was telling myself if na Cameroon rom I go install,make my phone just come back to life
Lol, well do you know what caused the initial problem? If you do and can avoid it, you can upgrade
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
IKON360:

Lol, well do you know what caused the initial problem? If you do and can avoid it, you can upgrade

If he is on the China ROM I doubt if he will encounter such problems
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
These people are here again with their crazy naming schemes but am suspecting it might be Mi A3 and lite.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/06/17/xiaomi-mi-cc9-and-cc9e-key-specs-variants-and-price-leaked/?amp

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
IKON360:

infact lovexme just send me the shot now that the phone is on pie.infact lovexme really amaze me,he couldn't send the phone today cos the driver couldn't wait for him,by God's grace tomorrow he will send it to me.my joy knows no bounds

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kakashiii:

Sorry for the loss of your phone. You'll surely get a better one. Any success in tracking it yet?

Thanks, I surely will. I haven't reported to the police yet, I'm focusing on treating myself first .

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ovems:
I use Redmi note 7, let me tell you the issues I have with the phone,
1. The speaker is so fantastic, I wonder what Xiaomi would accomplish if they had used stereo speakers
2. The display is very good for IPS an LCD display.
3. The camera with and without Gcam will make your head turnioniown, its freaking exceptional for the price.
4. My battery is good enough, takes me a whole day on 70% charge average to light usage
5. Gaming isn't bad, phone can handle light games effectively and heavier games moderately
6. And any other issue can be resolved by asking Genius43

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
xpensivealex:
infact lovexme just send me the shot now that the phone is on pie.infact lovexme really amaze me,he couldn't send the phone today cos the driver couldn't wait for him,by God's grace tomorrow he will send it to me.my joy knows no bounds
Then you don't have wahala. That's very good of him

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by onecornerboy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
IKON360:

I use Redmi note 7, let me tell you the issues I have with the phone,
1. The speaker is so fantastic, I wonder what Xiaomi would accomplish if they had used stereo speakers
2. The display is very good for IPS an LCD display.
3. The camera with and without Gcam will make your head turnioniown, its freaking exceptional for the price.
4. My battery is good enough, takes me a whole day on 70% charge average to light usage
5. Gaming isn't bad, phone can handle light games effectively and heavier games moderately
6. And any other issue can be resolved by asking Genius43
lol i was playing music on my phone one guy was asking weda i was using jam box grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kakashiii(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
elantraceey:

Thanks, I surely will. I haven't reported to the police yet, I'm focusing on treating myself first .

Okay, that's good. One's health is more important than a device that'll still become obsolete in a few months time...All the best and stay strong. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
xpensivealex:

Stick with the China Stable ROM bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
[q
xpensivealex:

xpensivealex:

500 gbosa for lovexme

one

two

ready

yeeee who stone me grin
oga u will do welcome back ceremony oo
congratulations

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Halezis(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
Big ups to everyone dedicated to helping people solve issues on their devices on this thread. I must say, this is the best Phone thread on this platform as almost every complaint that posted gets very positive answers and results.

I don't own a Xiaomi device, infact I don't have any good phone for now but definitely very soon and it'd probably be Xiaomigrin
God bless y'allsmiley

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kashman04(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seanwilliam(m): 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
UbongCR7:

Bought at 3chub, uyo.
Batery is wack.
I just d regret.
might be factory error. u supposed go return am. thou people i see using the phone have never complained.. 1 of every 1000 phones produced dey get problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5250) (5251) (5252) (5253) (5254) (5255) (5256) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.