Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193210 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5564) (5565) (5566) (5567) (5568) (5569) (5570) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
lilclin:

It's job is quite more than 4k..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
jboixxx:

I sha Don't like this app drawer at all.
And I can't do without it.. Lol. All thanks to android flexibility..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
Babaheekmat:

I love simple and dark fonts.. that's why i had to change my fonts from default..

Which phone you using bro
I use max 3 as my main, then Samsung a30. I did add fonts on the a30 but I had to remove them.. I love my default..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
Keiyadosh:
I checked Jumia and I saw d exact same thing so I was wondering were they saw d offer..I thought it was one of those days when Jumia agents are selling at a discount..Guess I.have to save up 17k more..datz gonna take a lot of time so maybe I'd just settle for d 7a or any transsion device available at dat price

Used will cost less
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilclin(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Babaheekmat:

It's job is quite more than 4k..
using a custom rom tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
fibonacci2526:
So I couldn't resist an opened box LG V30+ for $150 on eBay. The talk about LG UI being terrible has been blown way out of proportion. Phone is really cool. Love the size and the battery life is great for a 3300mah device. cheesy

Exactly the message I was preaching grin

Enjoy the device...

2019 Models, does not make phone cost effective, 4000Mah does not make phone great..

Phone was on my list too, but had to settle for Pixel 2 open box deal on eBay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
lilclin:
using a custom rom tho

No wonder
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sammiel: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
genius43:

Time will tell.
You were right. I got called same day on phone by Jumia and was able to confirm the order as requested. Today, my redmi 7 was delivered to me here in my locality at such a huge discounted rate.
Xiaomi redmi 7 is a decent phone and it is really worth the hype. It is best to describe it as a complete package. I was thinking of getting a tecno spark 3, the 2GB version which goes for about 35K, only for me to discover it does not support 4G, except if I have to pay about 42k for the pro version. I decided to check other tecno products of similar price range below 40K, only to discover they were all 3G phones, where as Xiaomi redmi go of 19k supports 4G.
I know better now and I know which phone brand offers better value for money.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by giggspro(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Rocking my Nova launcher

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
genius43:

Let me share you this video by Technology Jock it will help you in making decisions when taking photos, there are others out there too. Search and watch videos by Pixel village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXbYobdgjE

Here is another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHvFHRPLvII

Thank you genius

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
olomne:

someone said it is out of stock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
abdsamad:

Used will cost less
do u know anyone that wants to sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
TMseabiscuit:

Thanks, let me do just that.

do you have one? whats your honest take on the device, compared to Samsung A30, I am currently torn between this 2 device.

Thanks

I don't have one but two members of my family do, I have handled the phone and the experience is great.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2019
elantraceey:

Thank you genius

You are welcome, we are waiting for results of your mobile photography exploits.

Random stuffs/scenes most time turn out better than what you think is a great scene
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
Sammiel:
You were right. I got called same day on phone by Jumia and was able to confirm the order as requested. Today, my redmi 7 was delivered to me here in my locality at such a huge discounted rate.
Xiaomi redmi 7 is a decent phone and it is really worth the hype. It is best to describe it as a complete package. I was thinking of getting a tecno spark 3, the 2GB version which goes for about 35K, only for me to discover it does not support 4G, except if I have to pay about 42k for the pro version. I decided to check other tecno products of similar price range below 40K, only to discover they were all 3G phones, where as Xiaomi redmi go of 19k supports 4G.
I know better now and I know which phone brand offers better value for money.

Congratulations, welcome to the family , enjoy your new device

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enoch273: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
drjprince:
pastor shocked shocked

You don't know how annoying that name you add sounds, his name is lei jun, no special accolades attached to it sir. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
fibonacci2526:
So I couldn't resist an opened box LG V30+ for $150 on eBay. The talk about LG UI being terrible has been blown way out of proportion. Phone is really cool. Love the size and the battery life is great for a 3300mah device. cheesy

This waun like better thing abeg undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
fibonacci2526:

For where? I just want to have a feel of the various android skins but i will never do colorOs and EMUI.

A reviewer I read recently actually praised the EMUI on P30 Pro a lot and had a lot of corroborations. It's beginning to tempt me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
genius43:

Of course.

Seems you're wrong.. when I login to the unlock application page it takes me directly to the unlock button.. skipping the application page

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
Keiyadosh:
tongue cool... shocked we pray to be as big as you one day sir....please do giveaway with one of ur devices..ur humble servant is ready to take over ownership anytime u wish to

Oga $150 is a steal for a premium device jhooor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
GrandMufti:

No sad

Thanks boss .

You're the real MVP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
vanchi:

Seems you're wrong.. when I login to the unlock application page it takes me directly to the unlock button.. skipping the application page
Good to know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dcolumbus001: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
genius43:

Good to know
what could be wrong
Gcam hangs after some shots
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
Dolby and Viper now running.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotolsy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Yup yup yup.

To be honest, they lag when it comes to camera(good pictures in particular and not features of a camera). This they seem to try to fix with G7 but..... However, with G8 it is fantastic.

I miss their haptic feedback and UI to be honest.

All their phones are sooo light yet ruggedly built.

bobo65:

Wait till u feel g7 and v40
LG is highly underrated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
dcolumbus001:
what could be wrong
Gcam hangs after some sbots

Nothing is wrong, the photos are processing in the background, so giving your CPU more task by taking shots why it is doing a lot of processes is sure to make it hang.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dcolumbus001: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
genius43:

Nothing is wrong, the photos are processing in the background, so giving your CPU more task by taking shots why it is doing a lot of processes is sure to make it hang.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmanueleko: 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
bkool7:

The battery is better than the Leagoo of same 3000mah I got a year ago.
A 100% can take you to work and back home at night. With browsing and playing games between
pls give me a screen shot of its, am using Lenovo a5 and am getting bore of it so I need a new phone very soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by giggspro(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Who have upgrade to this version for redmi 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iamcloud(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
Anyone has 4x case in stock am in ph
Waybill allowed I need it b4 Friday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
Oga Jboixxx. Thank you so much. I have received the items. They are as good as stated... Thanks boss... My friend will be happy to have them. Thank you once again... Thank you for the Freebie as well... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
busuyi44:

Go for Chuwi. I used Chuwi Hi8 Air for a yr b4 selling it. I have another one now Chuwi H10 Air although bought recently in April. No issue so far
does it work with nigeria sim card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5564) (5565) (5566) (5567) (5568) (5569) (5570) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.