Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9353970 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5600) (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) (5605) (5606) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adigunomomama(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
hardeycute:
You can get the phone here with "our" trusted sellers ; Macbeyland, Noobody, Protein0, Ifedith(Jumia) and since she resides in lag, send her the money to buy from any Raya, Slot or Pointek outlet because there is no guarantee of evading custom charges

I am buying with my credit card, I don't mind the custom charges, just want to have the idea of the actual amount before going ahead with the order.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
wiconse:

Seems like we are experiencing Same issue. Mine just stopped after 15% download

Mine didn't pop out any more and am ready to download now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
adigunomomama:

I am buying with my credit card, I don't mind the custom charges, just want to have the idea of the actual amount before going ahead with the order.
Custom charges is usually between 9-12k. You may be lucky with the handling with no Custom interference

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adigunomomama(m): 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
hardeycute:
Custom charges is usually between 9-12k. You may be lucky with the handling with no Custom interference

Cool, thank you

I guess she will pay the fee at the point of collection in post office right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
adigunomomama:

There is no actual amount, your fate is determined by whoever inspects the phone at customs center.

Why not buy from Nigeria here because there is nothing special buying from AliExpress when the product is readily available at your backyard.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
GrandMufti:

Tap the menu option on the top left And select 'downloads. Then use the search bar.

You should have magisk Uninstaller zip file in your internal memory before you go about downloading any mod just in case you enter bootloop
ok I've seen it. But before I download it where I get the magisk uninstaller zip file
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
adigunomomama:

Cool, thank you

I guess she will pay the fee at the point of collection in post office right?
Yes. With luck, she may just have to pay just 500-1000 as handling fees

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
ikon360 ....check again now..... Everybody abeg help me join hand abeg

Which name will I attach my like to. Always drop full info.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by johnnyn1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
Very easy..
acekid109:
looks nice, how's audio to video synchronization? that's a major problem with these tws earphones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
adigunomomama:
Guys I am about to order RN7 for my Sister in Lagos and I want to pay via CC

please I want to know if there will be any custom charges when the phone get to Nigeria or just normal post office fee.

Thank you.

Buy locally, do people still ship in phones that are readily available here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
genius43:

There is no actual amount, your fate is determined by whoever inspects the phone at customs center.

Why not buy from Nigeria here because there is nothing special buying from AliExpress when the product is readily available at your backyard.

lollll, maybe na the thrill involved in "ordering".

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
genius43:

Incremental updates are those little updates we get via OTA usually between 20-700MB. Full ROM is downloaded from MIUI website around 1.7GB and it is installed manually. People who have custom recovery mostly have to update their phones manually by downloading the full ROM.
Bros! Custom recoveries like Redwolf allows you to install those incremental updates.
You just need to download those updates like normal and press install. The phone will reboot into the custom recovery and do the rest.
Just put in mind that some prerequisites are involved before you can go through with updates with such custom recoveries.
As I have earlier stated, I used a particular version of Redwolf to do the above when I was still on stock MiUi on my Redmi Note 4 and it went well.
I can't guarantee it is available on newer models, but a check on Xda and other developers' site will throw in more light.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adigunomomama(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
fibonacci2526:

lollll, maybe na the thrill involved in "ordering".

Thrill indeed grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
scotweezy:

Bros! Custom recoveries like Redwolf allows you to install those incremental updates.
You just need to download those updates like normal and press install. The phone will reboot into the custom recovery and do the rest.
Just put in mind that some prerequisites are involved before you can go through with updates with such custom recoveries.
As I have earlier stated, I used a particular version of Redwolf to do the above when I was still on stock MiUi on my Redmi Note 4 and it went well.
I can't guarantee it is available on newer models, but a check on Xda and other developers' site will throw in more light.

Alright.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2019
jboixxx:

As advised by Genius43, stay on MIUI but if you must port, go to tweak thread. Grandmufti, Scotweezy, adamix, acekid you na get apprentice o
Somebody phone go soon spoil, imagine buying new phone for experiment grin.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
scotweezy:

pls point me to a link. thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gptech:

Somebody phone go soon spoil, imagine buying new phone for experiment grin.
Na old phone make he come use? undecided Make I no forward you blow there o. He's been advised not to and I believe he'll think again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pelumi2019:

Thanks, Yeah that's true. I'm not going to be using it for anything heavy. Just thought MUIU has some downside after reading through the thread.
This comment here is exactly why another thread was created. You have been brainwashed, miui is better than anything you have even seen, trust me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
johnnyn1:
Very easy..
i'm talking about latency in video/audio, you go notice am when watching videos or playing games, if its not there, the earphone is solid grin , enjoy your device

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gptech:

This comment here is exactly why another thread was created. You have been brainwashed, miui is better than anything you have even seen, trust me.
Coming from this oga, pelumi2019, better drop that intent o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
It's weekend, guys. Why is this thread like this?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mfunkynation:

pls point me to a link. thanks
Which model are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
jboixxx:

Na old phone make he come use? undecided Make I no forward you blow there o. He's been advised not to and I believe he'll think again
Hahahahahahahaha, at least demand don enjoy old phone small na, but new phone, wen e happen e dey hard to forgive yourself grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gptech:

Hahahahahahahaha, at least demand don enjoy old phone small na, but new phone, wen e happen e dey hard to forgive yourself grin.
Bros, no phone worth playing brickland game with now o with this 2nd coming of oga at the top. Minimum wage no affect all workers o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2019
jboixxx:

Bros, no phone worth playing brickland game with now o with this 2nd coming of oga at the top. Minimum wage no affect all workers o
Meaning those e affect fit do experiment then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nonsoco80(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pls House, who have use Banggood site here . How good are their services compare to Aliexpress ? Are they reliable?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
fibonacci2526:

lollllllllllll.

Abi na grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
nwaobitex:
ok I've seen it. But before I download it where I get the magisk uninstaller zip file

Google or. Xda
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
alosbaba007:

Bros if u are planning to keep that phone for 2-3 yrs i would advice u stay away from fast chargers, i learnt the hard way on my Max 1, the battery technology used in Max series does not do well with fast charging everyday.

Read up on diff btw Li-lon and Li-Po batteries to know more.

Very good point. I wonder why this hasn't been given much attention

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
s.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

Pls help me stand a chance to win redmi note 7
Techcapon
Genius43
Fibonacci2526
Protein0
sheggsliveth
acekid109
Imfortress jboixxx grandmufti macbeyland Noobody

Are you Godwin A.? Coz that guy got over 1,300 replies to his comment already

(1) (2) (3) ... (5600) (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) (5605) (5606) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.