Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,289 members, 7,846,318 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9390729 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2017
Godvilla:
Best Universal Remote App.
• Advanced customization
• Nice UI
• Supports virtually all home appliances/devices
• It works well with my DSTV HD decoder
kiss kiss kiss
SURE UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL (FULL VERSION)

http://s2.uploadshub.com:182/d/isefb2sm52owlacvihzt2q22w2ytx6ujk5vt4eoklo6d7awehvcfakc7/SURE-Full-4.11.88.apk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 17, 2017
malton:

Alright, bro. I hope it does soon.

I didn't even tamper with the battery settings.everything is still intact.

Thanks!
I immediately learnt how to use fastbot when i first upgrade to 8.2 it slows my charging time, poor ram optimization. But since yesterday, it has really been different and battery life is better than on 8.1. but i think next update won't be too long
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 17, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Redmi 3x for 2gb/32gb. No 5"with 64gb ROM.

Thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Redmi 3x for 2gb/32gb. No 5"with 64gb ROM.

Seconded
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by malton: 10:19am On Apr 17, 2017
hopsydboi:

I immediately learnt how to use fastbot when i first upgrade to 8.2 it slows my charging time, poor ram optimization. But since yesterday, it has really been different and battery life is better than on 8.1. but i think next update won't be too long

It's helpful though.

I don't want to get into tweaking for now because once I start, I may not stop. Time was when I would change OS almost three times a day on my Samsung devices. They were fun times.

First, I want to run the battery down completely then try charging again, as one of my bosses recommended above. Then we'll see how it goes from there.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2017
princetom1:

Which one be 4q? shocked
grin grin sorry I meant 4a na "mommy" fonts cause am oooh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dazzy4real(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2017
hello guys pls i used to b a regular aliexpress shopper untill 2yrs ago i stoped because of d dollar hike. but now i wanted to get a device i noticed by cards cant buy anything again. what should i do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2017
dazzy4real:
hello guys pls i used to b a regular aliexpress shopper untill 2yrs ago i stoped because of d dollar hike. but now i wanted to get a device i noticed by cards cant buy anything again. what should i do?
What you need to do is read from page575 to page 585, shikina.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Septre:

Bro do you mean that old account does not enter appeal?

I have an old account, had a failed order, chatted up with aliexpress cc, the robot told me i have to appeal before i can use card transaction again. I checked up the screen shot it sent me but didn't see any appeal page on my orders. It then said i have to do it through email security@aliexpress.com. I'm lost, what do i do guys?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:48am On Apr 17, 2017
write2obi:

I would have taken the aukey charger from you, but i already got one some days ago, I also ordered moccolo screen protector that i'm yet to receive. But if you are in the east and you no longer want to get mi max, i could help you out.

I'm in Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2017
That person looking for 'Deep flash cable'

My advice to you is to not be silly and lose your device. The so called cable is only for when your device is completely dead and that's even a gamble sef.

If all u need is to get your device into Qualcomm diagnostic mode to flash it then what you need is to boot into EDL from fastboot mode

Boot into fastboot, open cmd.

Verify fastboot mode with

"fastboot devices"

Then type

"Adb reboot edl"

If all of this is over your head, then you better forget this thing.

If that does not work for you (it does on every
Qualcomm device) you can try the easy tool in this thread

http://en.miui.com/thread-290959-1-1.html

Let me repeat again, if any of this is over your head, it's best you forget the idea. Nobody is going to be going back and forth with you if you hard brick your device.

If you want to unlock your device officially, it does not matter how long you wait, the only official way to do it is to flash your phone to CHINESE DEV ROM and setup the device as per normal using your PHONE NUMBER and not email to login to Xiaomi services.

Then activate find me service and make sure you can locate it on a browser to be sure your device has been registered.

Then use the tool to unlock bootloader.

From dev rom you can flash global stock rom with recovery to go back to global rom

BTW, you can actually flash the stock fastboot rom with fastboot by flashing individual partitions e.g

Fastboot flash system system.img

And so on for each partition, thus u don't even need EDL mode sef to flash the device.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2017
guys please suggest.... REDMI 4 or REDMI 4X?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2017
nadalion:

Even like only 3 pages back sef the answer dey there,we love spoon feeding in this country.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2017
EBUBS:
guys please suggest.... REDMI 4 or REDMI 4X?

Redmi 4 prime. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 11:02am On Apr 17, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Redmi 4 prime. grin grin

no na.... not that level.. ive got a budget
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2017
malton:

Oga mi, good morning.

Please, how fast does your battery charge on the 8.2.4 update? Mine charges very slowly. It takes over an hour to get just 10% charge.

Is there any way around this? I could correct it if the phone were rooted, but I don't want to root the device.
Am sure your phone is not properly plugged, if you doubt it when next you plug it and it's slow check if it's charging over AC or USB. To check, go to phone information.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2017
I have an old account, had a failed order, chatted up with aliexpress cc, the robot told me i have to appeal before i can use card transaction again. I checked up the screen shot it sent me but didn't see any appeal page on my orders. It then said i have to do it through email security@aliexpress.com. I'm lost, what do i do guys? [/quote]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by malton: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2017
Gptech:

Am sure your phone is not properly plugged, if you doubt it when next you plug it and it's slow check if it's charging over AC or USB. To check, go to phone information.

Alright, boss. I'll check have that in mind. The thing been don dey make me contemplate flashing the 7.1 LineageOS ROM. Except that one too get ram issues. I saw somewhere that the available ram is just over 500 mb. For why na. grin

Had to stay put.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dazzy4real(m): 11:56am On Apr 17, 2017
nadalion:

thanks i just did n tried funding my aliepockect got the otp imput it but got a blankpage no successful transactions or unsuccessful. .

and i really want to get this now with this coupon promo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
Should I wait for the Mi Max 2? Just thinking aloud grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
jboixxx:
.Oga, wetin do am? Nochious123, dacronym
Nothing bro, I just want to upgrade !
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
ubev01:

I'm in Lagos

Is it the double port type?

Whatsapp here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
dazzy4real:

Am sure u know the 100 usd dollars rule already. To be sure ur account is in appeal mode (those cc can be clueless), login from a computer or use chrome browser on your phone and set it to desktop mode. Then, view your account from it, if there is appeal waiting for u, u will see it under ORDERS, if not, keep trying.
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/276#53579932
Read the
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
BluePearls:
Should I wait for the Mi Max 2? Just thinking aloud grin

He he he. Tough choice. But i already bought o, to be on the safe side. If u thinking out loud, it might be useful to u that, only 2 or 3 store still have few left on AliExpress.com and there is no 64gig version, only 32 gb (no wisdom in buying this overpriced version) and 128gb version which goes for 170 usd from only few left from 2 stores. He he he, tough choice. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
princetom1:

Am sure u know the 100 usd dollars rule already. To be sure ur account is in appeal mode (those cc can be clueless), login from a computer or use chrome browser on your phone and set it to desktop mode. Then, view your account from it, if there is appeal waiting for u, u will see it under ORDERS, if not, keep trying.
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/276#53579932
Read the

Thank you Master, instead of castigating someone simply because he/she ask a simple question, I think people should be kind enough to be polite.
A simple reference is enough for the guy instead "dogon turanchi"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
hay2zed50:

Nothing bro, I just want to upgrade !
.Aiit. Those I called out for you seem to have another plan. Will holla is there's any interest from other quarters. You care to give your price range?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
princetom1:

Is it the double port type?

Whatsapp here 08175931112

No

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itsloba: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
All this constant update and different complains on ba3 is kinda discouraging me from getting a redmi phone..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
ubev01:
I have an old account, had a failed order, chatted up with aliexpress cc, the robot told me i have to appeal before i can use card transaction again. I checked up the screen shot it sent me but didn't see any appeal page on my orders. It then said i have to do it through email security@aliexpress.com. I'm lost, what do i do guys?
You chatted with a robot?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
4llerbuntu:
That person looking for 'Deep flash cable'

My advice to you is to not be silly and lose your device. The so called cable is only for when your device is completely dead and that's even a gamble sef.

If all u need is to get your device into Qualcomm diagnostic mode to flash it then what you need is to boot into EDL from fastboot mode

Boot into fastboot, open cmd.

Verify fastboot mode with

"fastboot devices"

Then type

"Adb reboot edl"

If all of this is over your head, then you better forget this thing.

If that does not work for you (it does on every
Qualcomm device) you can try the easy tool in this thread

http://en.miui.com/thread-290959-1-1.html

Let me repeat again, if any of this is over your head, it's best you forget the idea. Nobody is going to be going back and forth with you if you hard brick your device.

If you want to unlock your device officially, it does not matter how long you wait, the only official way to do it is to flash your phone to CHINESE DEV ROM and setup the device as per normal using your PHONE NUMBER and not email to login to Xiaomi services.

Then activate find me service and make sure you can locate it on a browser to be sure your device has been registered.

Then use the tool to unlock bootloader.

From dev rom you can flash global stock rom with recovery to go back to global rom

BTW, you can actually flash the stock fastboot rom with fastboot by flashing individual partitions e.g

Fastboot flash system system.img

And so on for each partition, thus u don't even need EDL mode sef to flash the device.

Well said.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
itsloba:
All this constant update and different complains on ba3 is kinda discouraging me from getting a redmi phone..

Then don't update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
jboixxx:

.Aiit. Those I called out for you seem to have another plan. Will holla is there's any interest from other quarters. You care to give your price range?
Thanks bro,do that. Give them any reasonable price, I'll consider the offers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.