Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173526 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5903) (5904) (5905) (5906) (5907) (5908) (5909) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dam5reey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBFcGJZQfQ

Are fast charger worth the Hype or Gimmicks?

They are as long as the phone supports it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
jboixxx:

Can you see text clearly or is it cuz its resolution has been reduced.
I can see texts clearly on my gallery. The quality is always poor when I upload on NL.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
ityP:

Yeah. But Redmi 7 has slightly better battery backup than the RN5
Good to know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dam5reey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBFcGJZQfQ

Are fast charger worth the Hype or Gimmicks?

They are not if you ask me. Both fast charging technology and fast chargers are overrated and only succeed in adding premium price tags to already bloated smartphone costs.

I don't see what the fuss about coz of a 15-30 minutes charging time difference at the detriment of your battery health even. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
2kurupt:

They are not if you ask me. Both fast charging technology and fast chargers are overrated and only succeed in adding premium price tags to already bloated smartphone costs.

I don't see what the fuss about coz of a 15-30 minutes charging time difference at the detriment of your battery health even. undecided

True
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
Please where can I get the new smart band from and how much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
Well I'm wondering whether to purchase the chinese redmi note 8 or the global note 7, I don't mind waiting for the Note 8 global version tho, I just want to know if it supports Google play services, like the Playstore, Gmail, Google accounts, backup and restore
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
Why do I always feel I have to read every page of this thread whenever I come back after being away for some days? As if na exam I wan write....

Anyway, that is not happening today....

Abeg somebody should gimme summary of the last 20 pages, arguments, fights and of course unboxings.... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
TYglobal:

Better than rn7 but not better than r7
I don't understand.... Can you shed more light pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sharon6(f): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
No Memory card slot on the mi 9t?? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
nani667:

It is not possible on MIUI, Flash a custom ROM and you will see the option like so
Pls donyou know anyone that can help out with stable stock ROMs, in lagos?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
2kurupt:

Well said... There is limit to the "kind" of charger to use. If the rating is high, battery gets full in shorter time, phone heats up, and battery eventually depreciates quickly overtime...... Boomerang effect/ Loop cycle

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
eleojo23:
Why do I always feel I have to read every page of this thread whenever I come back after being away for some days? As if na exam I wan write....

Anyway, that is not happening today....

Abeg somebody should gimme summary of the last 20 pages, arguments, fights and of course unboxings.... lipsrsealed
grin
There was one small fight sha go catch up by yourself.
Start from page 5895, you'll be fine

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
okikiosibodu:
grin There was one small fight sha go catch up by yourself. Start from page 5895, you'll be fine
Great! thanks grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
I love mi9t but the pop up camera and back cover made thats made in glass is kinda deal breaker. Need a new phone with metal body
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
Sharon6:
Mi 9t or note 8 Pro?? Which to go for??
mi9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
Deeni131:
I love mi9t but the pop up camera and back cover made thats made in glass is kinda deal breaker. Need a new phone with metal body
Metallic phones are difficult to get these days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I didn't get your update concerning the contacts movement. Have you finally done it?
no oooo, the thing done tire me ooo. I have done all I can buh it didn't work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
maclawrence02:
ok thanks.
eggzactly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
maclawrence02:
follow the screenshot, after logging in your Gmail account on your phone.
I have done all those ones. I think the problem is bcus the new phone is a Chinese rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I don't understand.... Can you shed more light pls?

The battery of the Redmi Note 5 is better than the Redmi Note 7, but not better than the Redmi 7. In other words, Redmi 7 Na baba for battery compared to the two

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
henrygold100:
no oooo, the thing done tire me ooo. I have done all I can buh it didn't work
Did you use the super backup I told you about?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
okikiosibodu:
cry
Try to search for "super backup" on play store (it is less than 5mb). You can back up your sms, call logs, contacts, and apps in ur mmc. I usually rename each file during back up so I can know what they are saved with, for conviniency sake. U send it to the other phone via xender, and you open super backup on the other phone. Then you open each tab (call logs, contacts, etc) and choose restore. You then navigate to the folders and restore them.
I will try that aswell bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
ityP:

The battery of the Redmi Note 5 is better than the Redmi Note 7, but not better than the Redmi 7. In other words, Redmi 7 Na baba for battery compared to the two

Ok I did not see this

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
I experienced the ghost touches for the first time, ruining my tempered glass in the process of trying to fix it cos I tot it was d culprit.

I just hope this is a one off experience sha, don't wish to see this again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
2kurupt:

I think i can sense something wrong with this comment. Fast chargers, wireless chargers and reverse wireless charging are the bomb.
Battery life is the base of every phone. It is like the foundation on which a house is built. And not having a foundation or having a weak foundation will lead to collapse. Or rather in this case serious stress and time wastage. A good battery life and fast recharge time goes pari pasu (together)
As a business man you cant be carrying 40000 powerbank all around. When you can just plug or drop your phone for 30 minutes and its ready to take you another 2days. It is agonizing and a complete waste of time to leave your phone for more than 2hours to charge on a spot. Or to be carrying heavy power banks all over with a supposingly premium phone.
In conclusion it is vital infact the lesser the charging time the better. Infact i will drop every function even an ir blaster on a phone in exchange for fast processor, large memory, amoled screen , great battery life and a ultra fast charging system.

I dont think it will be detrimental to the battery life of any phone. Because before going into mass production they must have tested it. I stand to be corrected tho

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MurderEnglish(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Noobody has made my day. Received this in the afternoon, it was really great doing business with him, very fast, honest and true to the game.

I recommend him any day any time .

cool cool

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
henrygold100:
I will try that aswell bro
So many ways to backup and restore your contacts without resulting to the use of 3rd party apps! Backup to your storage (as .csv), copy and restore to new device
2) use mi mover
3) use mi backup and restore feature (this will backup your contact, settings, apps, SMS, call logs etc and restore same)
4) Use Mi cloud.
Though 3rd party apps are necessities at times but most of their functions are already embedded in the MIUI which made them irrelevant/redundant and waste if space and data.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Gptech:

Metallic phones are difficult to get these days.
they are even kind of slippery just like my note 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:18am On Sep 20, 2019
MurderEnglish:
Noobody has made my day. Received this in the afternoon, it was really great doing business with him, very fast, honest and true to the game.

I recommend him any day any time .

cool cool
Good person
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alebz007: 1:25am On Sep 20, 2019
KngGezy:

I think i can sense something wrong with this comment. Fast chargers, wireless chargers and reverse wireless charging are the bomb.
Battery life is the base of every phone. It is like the foundation on which a house is built. And not having a foundation or having a weak foundation will lead to collapse. Or rather in this case serious stress and time wastage. A good battery life and fast recharge time goes pari pasu (together)
As a business man you cant be carrying 40000 powerbank all around. When you can just plug or drop your phone for 30 minutes and its ready to take you another 2days. It is agonizing and a complete waste of time to leave your phone for more than 2hours to charge on a spot. Or to be carrying heavy power banks all over with a supposingly premium phone.
In conclusion it is vital infact the lesser the charging time the better. Infact i will drop every function even an ir blaster on a phone in exchange for fast processor, large memory, amoled screen , great battery life and a ultra fast charging system.

I dont think it will be detrimental to the battery life of any phone. Because before going into mass production they must have tested it. I stand to be corrected tho
This guy and plenty english

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5903) (5904) (5905) (5906) (5907) (5908) (5909) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chadbasin and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.