Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9174345 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5906) (5907) (5908) (5909) (5910) (5911) (5912) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickthorious(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
GrandMufti:

Depends on your bargaining skills. Just don't appear desperate
oh ok... i would i guess i should make an ad on Nairaland here doing dat wen am free thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
KngGezy:

I think i can sense something wrong with this comment. Fast chargers, wireless chargers and reverse wireless charging are the bomb.
Battery life is the base of every phone. It is like the foundation on which a house is built. And not having a foundation or having a weak foundation will lead to collapse. Or rather in this case serious stress and time wastage. A good battery life and fast recharge time goes pari pasu (together)
As a business man you cant be carrying 40000 powerbank all around. When you can just plug or drop your phone for 30 minutes and its ready to take you another 2days. It is agonizing and a complete waste of time to leave your phone for more than 2hours to charge on a spot. Or to be carrying heavy power banks all over with a supposingly premium phone.
In conclusion it is vital infact the lesser the charging time the better. Infact i will drop every function even an ir blaster on a phone in exchange for fast processor, large memory, amoled screen , great battery life and a ultra fast charging system.

I dont think it will be detrimental to the battery life of any phone. Because before going into mass production they must have tested it. I stand to be corrected tho
Though I have not watched the quoted video (I no too get data), I hope you know there is a difference between FAST charging and FLASH charging? For a phone to flash charge, there are specific power outputs the charger is to have, otherwise it ain't gonna flash charge. I am not entirely sure of the spec for Xiaomi RN7, cos the one for my infinix phone (mediatek) flash charges it, so also that of Samsung (Qc 3.0). For my infinix, if it doesn't have that particular rating, e no go flash charge and using an ordinary charger, the phone might not reach 50% in 7 hrs sef. Trust me, you don't want to have flash charge issues on that phone. With a fast charger however (one rated fast charger), it can charge at about the same speed with a flash charger but wil not display the logo. But you will sleep there if you use a Samsung QC 3.0 charger on the infinix note 3. E go slow die I really do not know why both chargers flash charger my Xiaomi phone (it displays the logo and the phone doesn't heat up.
I made a lil research then when I was using iPhone 6s. I found it too long to spend 2-2:30mins on charging the phone. It was way too long to me. I decided to find out if it was healthy to use a ipads charger for it to lessen charge time. Reviews I saw on some sites said it wil charge the phone quickly, but battery life will depreciate fast cos the charger will heat up the battery. Batteries' endurance start to depreciate when they get heated frequently, and that was what exactly happened to the said phone. I lost about 10k on its value cos of that when I was selling it.
Flash charging is a better technology, as long as the right charger is used (and of cause the phone has to support it)
Apologies for any typo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by korban3134(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
kaymical:
Can someone pls help me out with this selection of phones....I just want an honest reply......MI A3, Redmi note 8, redmi note 7 or note 7 pro, mi cc9 mi k20 mi 9T.....I just want the best in terms of camera, specs and battery life.....am budgeting like 80k

Considering your budget...go for Mi A3(china version CC9e) OR
Adding 3k more to get either REDMI NOTE 8 pro(mediatek) or REDMI NOTE 7pro(Qualcomm)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
vickthorious:

ok .. shud i jus go to computer village fr the sells or u knw someone dat deals in that line?

Go to CV, I don't stay in Lagos currently.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
vickthorious:

ok it not really neat sha
have an idea of how I can sell it?? or how the trading fr another goes .. enlighten me pls thenk yu
Place your ads here or buzz me on WhatsApp for a contact in computer village
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
kaymical:
pls what is it about stock android, I don't really understand
pat077:
what's the difference between the stock android and the miui

Stock Android is vanilla Android,pure Android, no "bloatwares". This is what you get with Google pixels and the Androidone devices. You will literally need to download 3rd party app for most features you need as it comes with just the basic apps.

MIUI is a skinned version of stock Android, xiaomi customised their own UI and added a ton of nifty features that are otherwise absent in stock Android.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Stock Android is vanilla Android,pure Android, no "bloatwares". This is what you get with Google pixels and the Androidone devices. You will literally need to download 3rd party app for most features you need as it comes with just the basic apps.

MIUI is a skinned version of stock Android, xiaomi customised their own UI and added a ton of nifty features that are otherwise absent in stock Android.
Does stock OS have the funny gestures on MIUI?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Does stock OS have the funny gestures on MIUI?

No, it's bare bone android as Google intended..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
Baroba:

No, it's bare bone android as Google intended..
Freaking boring then... Just wish apps can be installed on mmc instead of phone memory on this miui. Memory of 32gb remain 5gb. Only a matter of time before WhatsApp monopolize the rest
Pls can you enlight novice like us in the difference between global OS, European OS and Chinese OS. I bn dey see am up and down for this thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Just wish apps can be installed on mmc instead of phone memory on this miui.
It's not a miui thing, it's from Android, I think from Android Kitkat, you can't move apps to memory cards.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
mrsuccessful:
This is over Two months of using my Redmi Note 7 and I still can't get enough... The phone is fccking awesome

I will advise you get the 4/64 variant

Which theme is this biko?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordprogress: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
FluidQueen:
did you pay taxes/Custom fee?
No nothing like that

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Svelte98(f): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
Baddestguyp:
no...I advice u use this setting...
And put camera on hdr enhanced...

Saturation +2 for front and back...u can use whatever setting u want sha...or just use like that...
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
genius43:

Go to CV, I don't stay in Lagos currently.

Don't go to computer village if you don't know someone who will help you out. Those guys will buy your laptop as you steal if ....they can price laptop of 85k for 15k .....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigdot1759(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
jboixxx:

For tweaking, installing custom ROMs and installing Fastboot ROMs! The Gees and acekid fit explain better.
Thanks got it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
uddeze:
how bro... Am I not already?
Store thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
kaymical:
Can someone pls help me out with this selection of phones....I just want an honest reply......MI A3, Redmi note 8, redmi note 7 or note 7 pro, mi cc9 mi k20 mi 9T.....I just want the best in terms of camera, specs and battery life.....am budgeting like 80k
ur 80 na for note 7 pro, a3 also, don't think it goes up to 9t...perhaps 8 pro and 8....
But feel free to dm if u need anyone
https:///2347031080287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frank4578(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Finally join the redmi family , just got my redmi note 7 from Mzik today and he is 100% legit ����

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ifedith:

Store thread
dunno where it is
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
grin
Pple no get work for this country o. I love how creative we are as a nation. We think outside the box and make humour from the least expected happenings

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickthorious(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
jboixxx:

Place your ads here or buzz me on WhatsApp for a contact in computer village
your digits sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bazkid24(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
Noobody on this cool

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
wanted

ce=20000-50000

No ads
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
GrandMufti:

No ads
is this an ad? grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frankgoodwell12: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
Just got my redmi note 7 today but I have been having some difficult login into the play store , I get stuck as checking info please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
Frankgoodwell12:
Just got my redmi note 7 today but I have been having some difficult login into the play store , I get stuck as checking info please help
Clear cache of playstore and try again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrsuccessful(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
EseAbed:

Which theme is this biko?

IOS Launcher 13
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickthorious(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
Frankgoodwell12:
use a stronger netwrk of try wifi
if u chk my profile that's my first post lol..its a minor issue
tho u can clear the cache as someone said earlier but if it persists try a stronger netwrk or wifi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5906) (5907) (5908) (5909) (5910) (5911) (5912) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.