Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9359605 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5934) (5935) (5936) (5937) (5938) (5939) (5940) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
Jollof123:

What if I send playstore to it through xender and other Google apps. Will it work without any technical issue like tweaking and installing of certain files

It won't work that way.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by venahoro(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

You have to order the Mi 9T pro from AliExpress or Ebay
I can't wait the time it will get to me. I felt buying from anyone here will be quicker. My current phone is making me run mad.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
venahoro:
I can't wait the time it will get to me. I felt buying from anyone here will be quicker. My current phone is making me run mad.

The cost of the phone won't allow anyone to have it readily available in stock. And the Mi 9T pro on Aliexpress is currently more expensive than the Redmi K20 Pro.

If Xiaomi Nigeria had brought it to Nigeria then their partner stores would have it readily available.

So the readily available alternative is the Mi 9T. Except you can pay for express shipping of at most 7 working days then you can contact Macbeyland, Noobody or Protein0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by venahoro(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

The cost of the phone won't allow anyone to have it readily available in stock. And the Mi 9T pro on Aliexpress is currently more expensive than the Redmi K20 Pro.

If Xiaomi Nigeria had brought it to Nigeria then their partner stores would have it readily available.

So the readily available alternative is the Mi 9T. Except you can pay for express shipping of at most 7 working days then you can contact Macbeyland, Noobody or Protein0
Thanks chief. Please for clarity sake what's the huge difference between k20 pro and Mi 9T pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
venahoro:

Thanks chief. Please for clarity sake what's the huge difference between k20 pro and Mi 9T pro?
4g bands, mi 9t pro has more 4g bands even the infamous band 28 for stupid glo network and the rom type one is chinese rom which am using to type this,while the other is global rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emysilva: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
guys pls which is better bargain for a neatly used redmi note 7 4gb 128gb version for 65k, 4gb 64gb version for 55k, 3gb 32gb for 45k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Now I am clear. Gracias.
Global ROM...... It has more bands supported and it receives frequent updates. Supports Google services
Chinese version: has more RAM, and cheaper
Pls can you tell me about Indian and European version?
NB: Global ROM is different from Global Version

in my own term, Global Version is Hardware while Global ROM is Software
Global version supports more LTE + the availability of Google play services(which is the diff from Chinese Version)

everything that has been said by our geeks abt Global ROM remains the same

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
sirLeeem:

Who is selling for this price??
New AliExpress price, i saw all of this yesterday night, im thinking of giving up on RN8 and go for RN7 4/128 @65k or RN7 Pro @68k

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
hello people
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
venahoro:

K20 Pro Chinese and India Mi 9T Pro Global Version has support for LTE bands including all available in Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good afternoon PPLE!

MY friend wants to swap his Flagship device of (xiaomi) Mi9 to Nokia X6

The (Xiaomi Mi9) phone is powered by Octa core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 485) processor. It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Chipset. It has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone has a AMOLED display. of course without questions this phone is 2 times better than Nokia X6 (but he wants to swap the mi9 to x6 due to some personal reasons)

Please Any serious person who resides here in Lagos & is interested should call me on = zero7zero169611zero1 or zero8zero7371943zero

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

New AliExpress price, i saw all of this yesterday night, im thinking of giving up on RN8 and go for RN7 4/128 @65k or RN7 Pro @68k
click on it...add to cart to see the real price grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
emysilva:
guys pls which is better bargain for a neatly used redmi note 7 4gb 128gb version for 65k, 4gb 64gb version for 55k, 3gb 32gb for 45k
it all depends on your budget, all of them re good bargains since all the variants you listed are 10k off the original price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
venahoro:

contact protein0 for the k20 pro. He should have it in Nigeria already, the earlier the better before person wey like am pass you collect am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Now I am clear. Gracias.
Global ROM...... It has more bands supported and it receives frequent updates. Supports Google services
Chinese version: has more RAM, and cheaper
Pls can you tell me about Indian and European version?

Indian Version are build to support Indian networks. LTE bands come into play.

EU ROM - built to comply with European laws like GDPR and more. Their are hardly ads on the EU versions hence more expensive

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

beware of custom charges,tread carefully on those stores.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
TYglobal:

Lol...that's not possible oo, you must have something running background,maybe music.

Music ke? Running 100% of the time? I be DJ?

If something was running, it should show under the list of apps in the battery usage. Unless it was something in the Android system.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TYglobal: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
Born2smile:

Music ke? Running 100% of the time? I be DJ?

If something was running, it should show under the list of apps in the battery usage. Unless it was something in the Android system.

I run music 90% of the time so I won't be surprised.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Bro you don't bother to check the shipping cost.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
hamtabfawaz:
Good afternoon PPLE!

MY friend wants to swap his Flagship device of (xiaomi) Mi9 to Nokia X6

The (Xiaomi Mi9) phone is powered by Octa core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 485) processor. It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Chipset. It has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone has a AMOLED display. of course without questions this phone is 2 times better than Nokia X6 (but he wants to swap the mi9 to x6 due to some personal reasons)

Please Any serious person who resides here in Lagos & is interested should call me on = zero7zero169611zero1 or zero8zero7371943zero

But did he steal the mi9 or what. Wc kain of thing is dis.
Unless those personal reasons can be explained in detail who will go and buy phone that has been rigged to reduce sperm count or something sinister grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yahyus02(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
The price of note 8 is dropping really sweet.. tongue tongue

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
Just removed the pouch of my phone(RN5),this phone is awesome,so sleek and beautiful ,no notch or whatsoever,still loving bit i think its time to upgrade no more using phone for over 4yrs

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
abdsamad:

Unless those personal reasons can be explained in detail who will go and buy phone that has been rigged to reduce sperm count or something sinister grin

Don't take that guy serious. Why can't his friend sell the Mi9, buy the Nokia and keep the change
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
abdsamad:

My brother I tire o, the swap deal is making me to get serious goosebumps here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dahgifted(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
yahyus02:
The price of note 8 is dropping really sweet.. tongue tongue
what are the disadvantages of using phone with global rom...and also the difference between global rom and global version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2019

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
dahgifted:
what are the disadvantages of using phone with global rom...and also the difference between global rom and global version?

Chinese Version normally have less LTE Bands than Global Version.

And the bootloader of CN version with Global ROM comes Unlocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
The Global Version of the Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with Band 28.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

Indian Version are build to support Indian networks. LTE bands come into play.

EU ROM - built to comply with European laws like GDPR and more. Their are hardly ads on the EU versions hence more expensive
Emmmmm. You mind speaking English.... Abeg wetin be GDPR.... So far, I hav been able to decode that EU ROM are more expensive and tend to conserve your Internet bundles since it hs few ads.... More features please... Kindly elucidate on GDPR
For Indian ROM, the LTE bands are made to conform to Indian bands..... {I kinda noticed that many mid range phones made this year, manufacturers are not stressing themselves.... Just Indian bands}, what other features pls?
Caan point out the spectacular thing with Russian ROM?
Sorry sey my question Don dey plenty

@stephinnoyewole.... Thank you for the clarification
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Redmi 7 still going STRONG!!!! Value for money KING grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Rumor mills, Oga Gptech GrandMufti another Redmi Note 4x situation brewing, Xiaomi don't want to take chances.

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/09/27/xiaomi-working-on-redmi-note-8t-to-come-with-sd-730g/

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:
Rumor mills, Oga Gptech GrandMufti another Redmi Note 4x situation brewing, Xiaomi don't want to take chances.

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/09/27/xiaomi-working-on-redmi-note-8t-to-come-with-sd-730g/

Na that realme X2 wan give us small headache

(1) (2) (3) ... (5934) (5935) (5936) (5937) (5938) (5939) (5940) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.