Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,564 members, 7,837,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9363525 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5935) (5936) (5937) (5938) (5939) (5940) (5941) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Emmmmm. You mind speaking English.... Abeg wetin be GDPR.... So far, I hav been able to decode that EU ROM are more expensive and tend to conserve your Internet bundles since it hs few ads.... More features please... Kindly elucidate on GDPR
For Indian ROM, the LTE bands are made to conform to Indian bands..... {I kinda noticed that many mid range phones made this year, manufacturers are not stressing themselves.... Just Indian bands}, what other features pls?
Caan point out the spectacular thing with Russian ROM?
Sorry sey my question Don dey plenty

@stephinnoyewole.... Thank you for the clarification

GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:
Rumor mills, Oga Gptech GrandMufti another Redmi Note 4x situation brewing, Xiaomi don't want to take chances.

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/09/27/xiaomi-working-on-redmi-note-8t-to-come-with-sd-730g/

lolll, interesting. If this is true, the RN8 pro will soon be long forgotten.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
Elslim:

Na that realme X2 wan give us small headache

Xiaomi don counter them and even fit make an cheaper or same price than the X2 self. They want they use Realme former concept, allow Xiaomi release, drop their own and put price it lower.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2019
fibonacci2526:

There is no smoke without fire. The quick global release of the RN8 Pro shows that they are not satisfied with the numbers it is pulling
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
hamtabfawaz:
Good afternoon PPLE!

MY friend wants to swap his Flagship device of (xiaomi) Mi9 to Nokia X6

The (Xiaomi Mi9) phone is powered by Octa core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 485) processor. It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Chipset. It has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone has a AMOLED display. of course without questions this phone is 2 times better than Nokia X6 (but he wants to swap the mi9 to x6 due to some personal reasons)

Please Any serious person who resides here in Lagos & is interested should call me on = zero7zero169611zero1 or zero8zero7371943zero

only two times better?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
sirLeeem:

Who is selling for this price??
I was about to ask the same question undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Peppul: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
yahyus02:
The price of note 8 is dropping really sweet.. tongue tongue
make e drop well i wan get this phone next month. at least it should have even reduced more self
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Bro you don't bother to check the shipping cost.
Dats true bro cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

New AliExpress price, i saw all of this yesterday night, im thinking of giving up on RN8 and go for RN7 4/128 @65k or RN7 Pro @68k
cheesy Are you new to shopping on Aliexpress?
1. I don't view prices in Naira because Aliexpress rate is quite lower than what we get from our banks here in Nigeria. I just view it in USD$, check GTB's rate and multiply with my calculator.

2. Another thing to note. The display price of figments on Aliexpress are usually lower than the final price after various selection of color, size/type etc. Although I do price products too when I want to and they do reduce the prices for me. Also the display price could be the bare minimum you can pay for a product in that group but most times, the display picture used isn't the bare minimum in that group.

So don't assume what you see on the main page is the real price, no it's not.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:
Rumor mills, Oga Gptech GrandMufti another Redmi Note 4x situation brewing, Xiaomi don't want to take chances.

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/09/27/xiaomi-working-on-redmi-note-8t-to-come-with-sd-730g/

It was inevitable. This is the real note 8 grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
dahgifted:
what are the disadvantages of using phone with global rom...and also the difference between global rom and global version?
This question has been answered severally, just check d last 2-3 pages
As for me, I'm still waiting for global version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

Chinese Version normally have less LTE Bands than Global Version.

And the bootloader of CN version with Global ROM comes Unlocked
Emmmmmm. I am lost. Can a Chinese version come with another ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Emmmmm. You mind speaking English.... Abeg wetin be GDPR.... So far, I hav been able to decode that EU ROM are more expensive and tend to conserve your Internet bundles since it hs few ads.... More features please... Kindly elucidate on GDPR
For Indian ROM, the LTE bands are made to conform to Indian bands..... {I kinda noticed that many mid range phones made this year, manufacturers are not stressing themselves.... Just Indian bands}, what other features pls?
Caan point out the spectacular thing with Russian ROM?
Sorry sey my question Don dey plenty

@stephinnoyewole.... Thank you for the clarification
My pleasure bro, I'll b glad to knw more abt dis GDPR as well

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
dahgifted:
what are the disadvantages of using phone with global rom...and also the difference between global rom and global version?
NB: Global ROM is different from Global Version

in my own term, Global Version is Hardware while Global ROM is Software
Global version supports more LTE + the availability of Google play services(which is the diff from Chinese Version)

Author : Sephinnoyewole
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Emmmmmm. I am lost. Can a Chinese version come with another ROM?
CN version can come with global ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

New AliExpress price, i saw all of this yesterday night, im thinking of giving up on RN8 and go for RN7 4/128 @65k or RN7 Pro @68k
don't forget shipping fee
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

All we need is a super thin bezel without notch, Amoled screen, SD 730 chipset etc to the 8pro hardware and we're sold wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It's obvious that the egg heads at Xiaomi share our views about the reliability of that MTK chipset.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amerage(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
My phone and airdots came through today. I purchase both through Noobody.
I never believe the deal is going to pull through not until I receive my package despite the fact that I saw lot of positive review about him.
I'm glad his reputation precede him. He is part of the few Nigerians that are still very much faithful.
Thank you man, I really love appreciate it plus the phone is awesome.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

That phone is China exclusive, so you have to make do with the Chinese ROM or Global ROM if you must use this device.

Global version is the Mi 9T Pro
stephinnoyewole:

CN version can come with global ROM
I was totally confused (after I thought I was clear on it grin). Had to peruse prev thread
For further clarity.... 6/64gb and 4/64gb of Xiaomi RN7, which is Chinese version
B..... Either can have chinese ROM right?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

Chinese Version normally have less LTE Bands than Global Version.

And the bootloader of CN version with Global ROM comes Unlocked
so Mr ,you mean i can install gcam by just establishing csmera2api as my RN5 is Chinese version with global ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I was totally confused (after I thought I was clear on it grin). Had to peruse prev thread
For further clarity.... 6/64gb and 4/64gb of Xiaomi RN7, which is Chinese version
B..... Either can have chinese ROM right?

Global version have 3/32 4/64 & 4/128.
Chinese version have the above and other variants like 6/64 exclusive to them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Tiger2020:
so Mr ,you mean i can install gcam by just establishing csmera2api as my RN5 is Chinese version with global ROM

That is one step that have already been done, you still need to install custom recovery, flash magisk and enable camera2api before you can install Gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
Maxcoded:

Kindly correct me if am wrong
U dey correct jor, add am join.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
DExponential:
Gptech, which is better? KZ ED or UiiSii HM9
Which particular KZ are you referring to?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Shipping fee nko?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

This was very predictable.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:01am On Sep 28, 2019
Gptech:

This was very predictable.

You will be like I told y'all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 12:02am On Sep 28, 2019
Did Samsung copy mi mix alpha with their galaxy x2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:23am On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

Global version have 3/32 4/64 & 4/128.
Chinese version have the above and other variants like 6/64 exclusive to them.
Flashing a global ROM to a chinese version, will one stil retain the 6gb Ram (had an issue with my infinix note 3pro and went to Calrcare for a downgrade. They were hesitant at first when I explained the bugs in the os 7 update released they tried different os versions on my phone to disprove me, but I still won. They compiled all my observations and sent to their China counters which the improved on the note 4, but neglected a release to correct the bugs in note 3. Among the os tested on my phone... My phone is a pro but with 2gb Ram, as against the conventional one with 3gb RAM. But among the os tested on it, is a 3gb RAM and that is stil what is on my phone til date. But if you close all apps, 1gb RAM is eaten by some unknown forces.... You see 2gb RAM free without opening anything.) so back to the question sir... Flashing say a Global ROM or European ROM to a Chinese version, will it stil retain its 6GB?
Understandable that Chinese version is cheaper to acquire and had more RAM, what are the advantages of Chinese ROM pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:43am On Sep 28, 2019
orogodoganyin:

only two times better?

more than grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by biggmusty(m): 12:52am On Sep 28, 2019
My phone case finally arrived grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5935) (5936) (5937) (5938) (5939) (5940) (5941) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogbenimax007 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.