Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,963 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251649 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5937) (5938) (5939) (5940) (5941) (5942) (5943) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Apologies, I dont too comprehend this.... I don't knw much abt RN5, tried to Google it though but seeing 4gb RAM for it ... I don't too get the bolded part... Pls can u use Xiaomi RN7 for illustration.... A Chinese version on Chinese ROM with 6/64gb, will it stil have 6gb Ram if European version is flashed into it?
Concerning the RAM management, I know what you mean, but with the 2gb, I usually have like 600mb used... But on 3gb ram, more than 1gb is gone. Infinix doesn't eat ram that much, that is why many infinix users are of the opinion Xiaomi RN7 has poor ram management

My answer had already taken care of that ROM is a firmware and has nothing to do with hardware.

Note the RN5 also had a 6/64Gb version exclusive to China and people bought it with a global ROM like the 6/64Gb RN7.

Also there you are confusing a heavy OS for ROM management. MIUI is heavier than HIos or Xos because it comes with a lot of more features that runs in the background. And I used a 2 GB ram Tecno Camon CX Air and when I clear up my ram I hardly had half of the 2Gb available for use.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ojexin(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2019
Morning guys...pls which Gcam can I install on RN7 and link pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shayooluwah(m): 10:44am On Sep 28, 2019
Good morning guys. I need to buy a Xiaomi for my cousin from AliExpress. But tht last time I bought phone on AliExpress Customs charged me almost 13k.
I want to know if anybody has bought phone on AliExpress of recent, did you have to pay custom duty?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2019
Shayooluwah:
Good morning guys. I need to buy a Xiaomi for my cousin from AliExpress. But tht last time I bought phone on AliExpress Customs charged me almost 13k.
I want to know if anybody has bought phone on AliExpress of recent, did you have to pay custom duty?

Custom duties is fifty-fifty.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2019
ojexin:
Morning guys...pls which Gcam can I install on RN7 and link pls

Check Jboixxx compilation list

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1782#61425404
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 11:18am On Sep 28, 2019
OlaBa:

Samsung copied Xiaomi That's cute wink
yen yen yen

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2019
I need the ips nipost tracking site pls,quote me with the link,
Thanks fam smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:20am On Sep 28, 2019
I suffered a major/severe data loss,all of my whatsapp chats back up failed and i lost it all,
Please if we have any deal in progress,send me a message to check for updates ASAP!!
All messages sent and i did not reply to on your end,can kindly be resent again,thank you.

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2019
Hyinkar97:
So the MiUi 10.3.12 now has Digital Wellbeing. Cool!

Bloat ✔️
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hyinkar97:
So the MiUi 10.3.12 now has Digital Wellbeing. Cool!

Namesake, abeg what's the name of your font?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2019
Pls who uses mi band 4?My husband has been raving about it. His company is giving them that for Xmas. Biko, is it that great? He can't come and pepper me his own,when he doesn't use xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
queenfav:
Pls who uses mi band 4?My husband has been raving about it. His company is giving them that for Xmas. Biko, is it that great? He can't come and pepper me his own,when he doesn't use xiaomi.

Mi band 4 is very great gan.

Just go to Gsmarena and read the review.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

Mi band 4 is very great gan
Seriously? Will buy one then. The man no go gree give me, he is so excited about it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2019
queenfav:
Seriously? Will buy one then. The man no go gree give me, he is so excited about it.

It's worth it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

It's worth it
I am reading reviews on it, its actually a good buy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veramani31: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
Those that have the mi band 4, does it track naps or just the regular night sleep?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlabisi93: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
noobody:
I need the ips nipost tracking site pls,quote me with the link,
Thanks fam smiley
I need this too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

Check Jboixxx compilation list

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1782#61425404

Thanks bro, ave been trying to get this for sometime, definitely better than stock Mi8 Camera..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2019
paullo240:

New or used?

Used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
On MIUI 10.3.12.
Been on the net since 9am

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

Mi band 4 is very great gan.

Just go to Gsmarena and read the review.
Sure Mi band 4 is awesome. However my only problem with it is the design...It has this 'toyish' look despite its incredible features. The look is not even remotely close to what you call a watch, which, I guess, is why it's called "band" in the first place. I personally prefer the smartwatch design. Fitbit is what Mi band 4 should be. It's arguably the best... Very popular in the US, but very expensive. My uncle uses it.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Apologies, I dont too comprehend this.... I don't knw much abt RN5, tried to Google it though but seeing 4gb RAM for it ... I don't too get the bolded part... Pls can u use Xiaomi RN7 for illustration.... A Chinese version on Chinese ROM with 6/64gb, will it stil have 6gb Ram if European version is flashed into it?
Concerning the RAM management, I know what you mean, but with the 2gb, I usually have like 600mb used... But on 3gb ram, more than 1gb is gone. Infinix doesn't eat ram that much, that is why many infinix users are of the opinion Xiaomi RN7 has poor ram management
the ram is hardware and the rom you are flashing is software. So the software can not change the hardware, it can only change how it's used

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

Custom duties is fifty-fifty.
There isn't any known way of avoiding it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
Shayooluwah:
Which post office do you collect from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
micxwell:

There isn't any known way of avoiding it?

Not really, But peeps that have ordered through Noobody hardly experiences custom ish, don't know how he does it.

But if you want to order yourself avoid stores with DHL only shipping

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2019
Reddington:

Sure Mi band 4 is awesome. However my only problem with it is the design...It has this 'toyish' look despite its incredible features. The look is not even remotely close to what you call a watch, which, I guess, is why it's called "band" in the first place. I personally prefer the smartwatch design. Fitbit is what Mi band 4 should be. It's arguably the best... Very popular in the US, but very expensive. My uncle uses it.

But the Mi band was never advertised as a smartwatch it is the Amazfit that carries that title

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
genius43:

But the Mi band was never advertised as a smartwatch it is the Amazfit that carries that title
Never heard of Amazfit.
I'm just saying Xiaomi should consider going full smartwatch mode on the fit tech, or they can accommodate both - designing a smartwatch while also retaining their MiBand series.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Codedboy95(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hi guys I'm trying to get a xiaomi phone for my mom, She is an heavy WhatsApp user grin so atleast 4kmah battery and she likes big screen too. Which model will you recommend ? Budget < 55k

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2019
Reddington:

Never heard of Amazfit.
I'm just saying Xiaomi should consider going full smartwatch mode on the fit tech, or they can accommodate both - designing a smartwatch while also retaining their MiBand series.

Checkout Amazfit series
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2019
Codedboy95:
Hi guys I'm trying to get a xiaomi phone for my mom, She is an heavy WhatsApp user grin so atleast 4kmah battery and she likes big screen too. Which model will you recommend ? Budget < 55k

RN7 or R7 (3/64)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2019
I don't think we should expect anything lower than this again. They even now have the global ROM from Xiaomi.eu, I think

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
Reddington:

Never heard of Amazfit.

That's the amazfit series jere. I have the amazfit bip and it is fit to be called amazing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5937) (5938) (5939) (5940) (5941) (5942) (5943) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.