Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9298601 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6031) (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) (6036) (6037) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BonkoINC: 2:58am On Oct 14, 2019
madgoat:
Update on the Redmi Airdots.

#Someone complained that he/she could not hear phone calls well in a noisy place because the airdots weren't loud. Pardon me, I am to lazy to look for the post to quote.

I am pleased to announce that its not the case. Airdots are loud and clear. The person obviously left the fone volume on default mode. Plz increase the volume. Its loud and clear.
Alternatively, u can swiftly choose the option to receive/make calls through the fone earphones or the airdots from the dial pad if using the airdots is uncomfortable for you to receive calls.

N.B i use just one airdot most times because i like hearing whats going on around me and wont want to be crushed by Dangote trailer when on the road. Also i dont like receiving calls with two earfones in my ears. Plz note, when using one airdot, it has to be the dominant one which is the RIGHT. Once the right side is off, the left automatically switches off

In addition, i used my Airdots for more than 3 hours at a stretch listening to music ytday. It didnt run down. I had to replace them in the case when i disembarked from the bus because it was very late at night and i didnt want to be slapped by potential thieves. grin

I meant making phone calls..

Likes it's hard for the other party to hear you properly .. not you hearing .it's an ear phone of cus listening to your caller talk shoudnt be an issue at all . But them hearing you talk is the real ish..

When you look at it. The mouth piece.(microphone) on the airdots are very far from the mouth. And there is no voice cancellation (I mean in a public place it's probably gonna focus more on the outer noise than the actual person talking on the phone)..

Anyways. I dint really buy the airdots for calls.. I bought them for convenience..

It's been a wonderful experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BonkoINC: 3:02am On Oct 14, 2019
jboixxx:

That's a turn off then.

I am not sure if this is correct tho ..I will have to try this my self ..

But the right one fits the left ear just fine .

So it's actually no turn off.
You can use both on any ear.. it stays fine without any ish.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BonkoINC: 3:19am On Oct 14, 2019
[quote author=alosbaba007 post=83086855][/quote]

My point exactly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 4:12am On Oct 14, 2019
Gptech:
Use same.
which one ,abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:36am On Oct 14, 2019
hausadreturn:
How's it like? How much, and how's the sound and battery?

The sound is good but not as good as Anker, because sometimes when the volume is high you get distortions in form of white noises. The sound travels far though, and it produces good bass. As for the battery it started out good but started deteriorating 7months in.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:44am On Oct 14, 2019
okikiosibodu:

The first one that shocked me is the Samsung f
Qc charger. I am using the one for infinix phone, stil flash charging my phone but not shocking.... Like a current account haq Haq haq

It is either fast charging or quick charge I dunno where you guys coined flash charging from.

P.S the Infinix charger is a QC 2.0 charger though maxing out at 15W. If you want QC 3.0 get a Xiaomi, floveme, Celbro or Anker QC chargers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:46am On Oct 14, 2019
vanchi:

This tronsmart na kpangolo.. buy Sony xb 22

Thank me later

The output is not as much as the Tronsmart Element Mega, no jokes. It is not always by brand name you know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 5:17am On Oct 14, 2019
genius43:

It is either fast charging or quick charge I dunno where you guys coined flash charging from.

P.S the Infinix charger is a QC 2.0 charger though maxing out at 15W. If you want QC 3.0 get a Xiaomi, floveme, Celbro or Anker QC chargers.
Fast charge is similar to flash charge, but doesn't show the flash sign....
Its about the major difference. Charge time difference is quite negligible.
Fast charge chargers usually hav two output ratings, while flash charge chargers do have 3 output ratings... That's about what I can think of now... Somehow somehow, my infinix charger gives same effect on my RN7, but a QC 3.0 charger makes charging on the infinix phone freaking slow (and it doesn't display the flash sign), even an ordinary 5v... 1A or 5v 2A wil charger the infinix phone faster than a QC 3.0 charger

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:19am On Oct 14, 2019
genius43:

Oga you spend $135 on a column and expect it not to beat your Soundcore boost? Abi it is the cheaper voombox?

Toh, i think say na only me notice the price. For that price, e better perform pass home theatre system

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:31am On Oct 14, 2019
BonkoINC:

I am not sure if this is correct tho ..I will have to try this my self ..

But the right one fits the left ear just fine .

So it's actually no turn off.
You can use both on any ear.. it stays fine without any ish.
The subject matter is the use of the 2 independently not about inserts. Can you use 1 piece independently or once the right ear is down, the left is useless.
hausadreturn:
Okay, thanks.
I don't know if anyone has ever successfully returned an item to China from here.

If yes, I'd be glad to know how he/she did it.
Steps, amount paid, etc.
Contact Protein0 or Noobody.
ityP:

Toh, i think say na only me notice the price. For that price, e better perform pass home theatre system
Hehehe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:46am On Oct 14, 2019
EseAbed:

Na the two O... E go just dey hang sometimes. About that MIUI battery Saver something, nor be only when the battery saver dey on generally e suppose work? Abi e dey work wen my battery saver dey off? Cos I no dey quick use dt battery saver ra-ra, maybe once in 2 weeks sef.

Make I go find that GCAM extreme first.. Bros shey e go clear like the current one?
Give us feedback
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anna081: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2019
vanchi:
How to install Google Camera 7.0 (GCAM) on some Xiaomi devices https://c.mi.com/thread-2519097-1-0.html

Night sight works perfectly

Attached picture taken at midnight
is 7.0 the new version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:37am On Oct 14, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Fast charge is similar to flash charge, but doesn't show the flash sign....
Its about the major difference. Charge time difference is quite negligible.
Fast charge chargers usually hav two output ratings, while flash charge chargers do have 3 output ratings... That's about what I can think of now... Somehow somehow, my infinix charger gives same effect on my RN7, but a QC 3.0 charger makes charging on the infinix phone freaking slow (and it doesn't display the flash sign), even an ordinary 5v... 1A or 5v 2A wil charger the infinix phone faster than a QC 3.0 charger

Infinix use MTK pump Express which is different from Qualcomm's QC 3.0 found on Snapdragon devices. If you don't know QC chargers have between 3-5 outputs depending on the total output of the charger.

I still maintain that the term flash charging is wrong, tech wise.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shonde80(m): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2019
Who wanna sell modem here? I need universal 1 asap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 6:53am On Oct 14, 2019
See what I found out this morning
Both global ROM nd Version of Redmi note 8 didn't have band 2, 4, 6 nor 7
My question is dat, will there be anoda global version after been launched in Nigeria?
The only store that has a different bands us Fantasy store

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2019
genius43:

Infinix use MTK pump Express which is different from Qualcomm's QC 3.0 found on Snapdragon devices. If you don't know QC chargers have between 3-5 outputs depending on the total output of the charger.

I still maintain that the term flash charging is wrong, tech wise.
Acknowledged. Thank you for the added knowledge

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2019
stephinnoyewole:
See what I found out this morning
Both global ROM nd Version of Redmi note 8 didn't have band 2, 4, 6 nor 7
My question is dat, will there be anoda global version after been launched in Nigeria?
The only store that has a different bands us Fantasy store

The global Version does don't trust some sellers specifications on AE.

We don't use band 2,4 & 6 in Nigeria.

On Kimovil it states band 7 but no Band 28. Let's keep our fingers crossed till it gets to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2019
EseAbed:

Na the two O... E go just dey hang sometimes. About that MIUI battery Saver something, nor be only when the battery saver dey on generally e suppose work? Abi e dey work wen my battery saver dey off? Cos I no dey quick use dt battery saver ra-ra, maybe once in 2 weeks sef.

Make I go find that GCAM extreme first.. Bros shey e go clear like the current one?
Miui battery saver closes apps running in the background and left unused after some period of time. Whether battery saver dey on or not e dey work like that. For the apps u need not to close, go to settings - battery - choose apps - click on any app you want and select ' no restrictions'.

As for the gcam xtreme, it has a good report.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2019
anonymousghost2:

u gat no choice bro..
i no wan hear stories .
i gat to pay am o cos the order dn dey too delay.
most times, na the sellers dey cause that nonsense.
is it MI 9T you also ordered?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2019
okikiosibodu:

The first one that shocked me is the Samsung f
Qc charger. I am using the one for infinix phone, stil flash charging my phone but not shocking.... Like a current account haq Haq haq
Ok, just ensure you use an original charger to safeguard the general health of your battery.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 7:23am On Oct 14, 2019
Gptech:

Miui battery saver closes apps running in the background and left unused after some period of time. Whether battery saver dey on or not e dey work like that. For the apps u need not to close, go to settings - battery - choose apps - click on any app you want and select ' no restrictions'.

Care to share d settings?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 7:35am On Oct 14, 2019
genius43:

The output is not as much as the Tronsmart Element Mega, no jokes. It is not always by brand name you know.
I have used both... It's not by brand

Sony nukes it..

No be who make noise pass dey win fight
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 7:36am On Oct 14, 2019
anna081:

is 7.0 the new version?

Yep..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:49am On Oct 14, 2019
Luisema4luv:

Care to share d settings?
Settings for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2019
vanchi:

I have used both... It's not by brand

Sony nukes it..

No be who make noise pass dey win fight
That Sony Xb series nr b here at all, my small time spent with the small XB10 na dieee, Sony nail dis one no jokes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by salvo583: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2019
the fear of xiaomi's 13mp camera is the beginning of wisdom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2019
salvo583:
the fear of xiaomi's 13mp camera is the beginning of wisdom
angry grin grin grin grin cheesy angry

I talk am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Gptech:

Will do just that, but bros I couldn't find the gcam xtreme O.. No links
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2019
EseAbed:

Will do just that, but bros I couldn't find the gcam xtreme O.. No links
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta6.apk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6031) (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) (6036) (6037) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.