Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9244447 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6029) (6030) (6031) (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
good to be back, been a while
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gurunlocker: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
genius43:

Better update your phone. You are missing a lot. Also post a screenshot of the about section of your phone let me check something before you update.

I don't update my phone, all this wahala of bugs today, battery drain tomorrow. I no get the time. Maybe I can give it a shot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
nwaobitex:
The Dolby Atmos never worked for my redmi note 5 pie. I just have up.
Use this, the secret is almost at the last post under.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/dolby-atmos-pie-rom-t3907479/page2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Difference clear for everywhere, even watching YouTube videos and movies plus even your ring tones na dieee. For oreo try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/dolby-atmos-pie-rom-t3907479/page2
na note 4 I dey use o. I flash one of the files, my phone no boot again. I had to reflash the rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
gsparks01:
na note 4 I dey use o. I flash one of the files, my phone no boot again. I had to reflash the rom
Dis nr b for note 4 oooo, na for oreo and pie roms.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Dis nr b for note 4 oooo, na for oreo and pie roms.
abeg note 4 own dey? I'm on a ported oreo rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Howdy Xiaomites... Came across this app sometimes ago. Didn't really explore it until today.... Its name is GPS TOOLS. I turned off my Internet connectivity completely before launching the app. After it connected to some satellites and had great signal, I went to the "speed" section and monitored my speed. I was inside a BRT. It was quite accurate. Though about 3-5sec lag. When the bus accelerates it also changes and when it comes to a complete halt, it reads zero. .. About 3secs apart.. All these with my Internet connectivity off.
I came across an option to track your device on it. It asked for an email to register and it detected my email automatically {for this, I needed Internet}. To add more than one device, it was asking for 750naira payment, but free with one device. I want to believe one will be able to track a device that has Internet connection off, as long as it has its location services on. Anyone with luxury of time can help us explore it and give us feedback. (I am on transit and time bound)
Noone has tried this out?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2019
gsparks01:
abeg note 4 own dey? I'm on a ported oreo rom
Oya try that na, since na oreo, but do necessary back ups incase anything goes wrong.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Muhammedbashir:

Okay, am sorry sir but how?

By using Checkdisk and d system administrator!

I will get back to you the steps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
gurunlocker:

I don't update my phone, all this wahala of bugs today, battery drain tomorrow. I no get the time. Maybe I can give it a shot.

Update your phone, there are some problems updates fix if you don't know.

You are still on MIUI 9 when we are anticipating MIUI 11 and some people are already flexing it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Macaulish:

Lol.

Read wella next time.

I made an enquiry. I wasn't doing any ads..

Thanks

See as you're lying on a fine Sunday.

Maybe next time you'll have to explain to the mods how an enquiry to you looks like an ad to everyone else.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gurunlocker: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
genius43:

Update your phone, there are some problems updates fix if you don't know.

You are still on MIUI 9 when we are anticipating MIUI 11 and some people are already flexing it.

Will do then.... I believe I will have to do it manually (in case it break during download) or there's a website to download the file and just install?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
jboixxx:

The attached screenshot to the earlier post showed that it failed security check, so, it was returned by the China authority. It wasn't a buyer-returned item.
Okay, thanks.
I don't know if anyone has ever successfully returned an item to China from here.

If yes, I'd be glad to know how he/she did it.
Steps, amount paid, etc.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KCnaira(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2019

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED AND TAUGHT �️

I have Read and watched Reviews and unboxing of the Xiaomi Airdots(poor battery life /Not so great Noise canceling/ Button press),
Redmi airdots (still poor battery/ better touch interface/ poor mic and almost useless noise cancelling )
Airdots pro (over 80$/poor battery <400mAH/comparatively better mic)

The Qcy T3 and T1 (both have better battery>800mah, Less costly)

But overall am just felling like 4 hours of use and then having to put back in the charge pack to boost up and continue, is kind off a hassle for a Bluetooth device that should make things easier

My mind is point towards buying a bigger Baseus headset of about 70$ with better sound quality/mic and better battery life of over 7hours before having to plug back in. But i'll be travelling can't wait to get from AE.

Pls someone Recommend a local alternative, Bluetooth headset with Radio and MMC slot with battery life of at least 7 hours with a 7000 budget..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Oya try that na, since na oreo, but do necessary back ups incase anything goes wrong.
RN7 nko?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
I thought I should park this here. If you're looking for a Bluetooth speaker that would give you an experience of a lifetime, checkout the "DIVOOM VOOMBOX PRO." on Aliexpress.
I saw it and recommended it to a friend. Omo the stuff na die.

I have an "Anker soundcore boost" that people think is badass. But this Anker still dey learn where Divoom Voombox Pro dey.
Mad!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Macaulish(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
2kurupt:

See as you're lying on a fine Sunday.

Maybe next time you'll have to explain to the mods how an enquiry to you looks like an ad to everyone else.

Like I said. Read again bro.

Cos I didn't advertise any Phone for sale.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
Since the last update, my battery no too dey last like before. What could be the ish?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammedbashir(m): 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
genius43:

I will get back to you the steps.

Okay, thanks sir...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

cool, I don set am up.. the "difference is not the same" grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Mfunkynation:

RN7 nko?
Use same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
gsparks01:
cool, I don set am up.. the "difference is not the same" grin
Nr go press spoil ooo grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
frankyvalll:
good to be back, been a while
Welcome bros, wetin u bring come for us?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
liljboy:
Since the last update, my battery no too dey last like before. What could be the ish?
Observe am for a week, suppose dey normal after then..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thayay:
Pls who else is experiencing serious delay in aliexpress shipping. I've ordered Mi9T since spetember 24,and it's yet to be shipped. I don abuse the seller tire...... I've been in sifia pain and regretting i should've waited till black Friday considering it'll be cheaper by then

i had same issues too.
the courier didn't pick it up on time n when dey did, they complained about my address bla bla bla, i was asked to pay 31$ to ship via DHL.
when the shipment started, it took just 4-5 days to get to my address in 9ja, they brought it to my house.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Noone has tried this out?

Baba, enjoy your app jawe

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
gurunlocker:

Will do then.... I believe I will have to do it manually (in case it break during download) or there's a website to download the file and just install?

It resumes if there is a network ish why not do it at night.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
hausadreturn:
Okay, thanks.
I don't know if anyone has ever successfully returned an item to China from here.

If yes, I'd be glad to know how he/she did it.
Steps, amount paid, etc.
shocked
Protein0 can assist you

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2019
anonymousghost2:

i had same issues too.
the courier didn't pick it up on time n when dey did, they complained about my address bla bla bla, i was asked to pay 31$ to ship via DHL.
when the shipment started, it took just 4-5 days to get to my address in 9ja, they brought it to my house.
Did you pay custom fee/DUTY ?
Guys here are always afraid to use DHL to ship from AliExpress because of custom palava
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
hausadreturn:
I thought I should park this here. If you're looking for a Bluetooth speaker that would give you an experience of a lifetime, checkout the "DIVOOM VOOMBOX PRO." on Aliexpress.
I saw it and recommended it to a friend. Omo the stuff na die.

I have an "Anker soundcore boost" that people think is badass. But this Anker still dey learn where Divoom Voombox Pro dey.
Mad!!!

Oga you spend $135 on a column and expect it not to beat your Soundcore boost? Abi it is the cheaper voombox?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Nr go press spoil ooo grin.
lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
genius43:

Oga you spend $135 on a column and expect it not to beat your Soundcore boost? Abi it is the cheaper voombox?
Yeah, I understand. I'm just saying, I'm surprised the speaker never popped up on any radar. It was the Pro Voombox, by the way.

And it was gotten on the last day of the discount sale slash of August. So, it was about 35to 36k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6029) (6030) (6031) (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sherozy(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.