Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9243661 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6030) (6031) (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) (6036) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
hausadreturn:
Yeah, I understand. I'm just saying, I'm surprised the speaker never popped up on any radar. It was the Pro Voombox, by the way.

And it was gotten on the last day of the discount sale slash of August. So, it was about 35to 36k.

A steal. How is the battery life make I put am for my radar.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Dis nr b for note 4 oooo, na for oreo and pie roms.
Can I flash it on my Redmi 5 plus? I use a custom rom(pie) with magisk installed already
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
genius43:

A steal. How is the battery life make I put am for my radar.
10,000mah. E dey last wella.

And if you dey area wey light no too dey, it still plays while being charged with a power bank.
It was the review of one Nigerian there that really caught my attention.
The importance of honest reviews on AliExpress, I guess.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
My RN7 shocks me when I use the fingerprint scan while charging.... Is it normal or the charger is faulty?(touching the USB when plugged too, shocks me)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
HowGlorious:

Did you pay custom fee/DUTY ?
Guys here are always afraid to use DHL to ship from AliExpress because of custom palava
d seller was very sluggish and i am sure that was the reason y d courier delayed.
i didn't pay any customs fee.
i only paid 31$ for the shipment.
in 4-5 days, it was delivered to my doorstep.
extremely fast
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
hardeycute:
Can I flash it on my Redmi 5 plus? I use a custom rom(pie) with magisk installed already
Yes, even works on miui on oreo, did it some weeks back.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:
My RN7 shocks me when I use the fingerprint scan while charging.... Is it normal or the charger is faulty?(touching the USB when plugged too, shocks me)
Change your charging source and check again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I'm sure it's the charger.. Is it the follow-come?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

The thought came to mind but that shocking thing didn't let me try... Wil give it a shot. Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
hausadreturn:
10,000mah. E dey last wella.

And if you dey area wey light no too dey, it still plays while being charged with a power bank.
It was the review of one Nigerian there that really caught my attention.
The importance of honest reviews on AliExpress, I guess.

Okay, I don see successor to my Tronsmart Element Mega be that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:

The thought came to mind but that shocking thing didn't let me try... Wil give it a shot. Thank you
Hehehehe, d way e b now, e fit shock u even when power outage dey, psychology fit come to play las las grin.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hello..

Pls, Does the RN7 have a 6/64gb variant? This 3/32gb is doing me shege.. I'd have loved to go for the RN8 but the reviews/comments on YouTube issa total turn off..

Pls help O. I no longer mind the hybrid card slot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
EseAbed:
Hello..

Pls, Does the RN7 have a 6/64gb variant? This 3/32gb is doing me shege.. I'd have loved to go for the RN8 but the reviews/comments on YouTube issa total turn off..

Yes it has, but note 8 should be better. What's wrong with the 3gig ram?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Hehehehe, d way e b now, e fit shock u even when power outage dey, psychology fit come to play las las grin.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
EseAbed:
Hello..

If it is memory issue, u can get a sim expander, so u wil be able to use mmc

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TYglobal: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
harveybeaks:

How long have you been using it and do you press your phone a lot cos I do.. especially the area affected

Try using full screen gestures and if the stain in still there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
anonymousghost2:

i had same issues too.
the courier didn't pick it up on time n when dey did, they complained about my address bla bla bla, i was asked to pay 31$ to ship via DHL.
when the shipment started, it took just 4-5 days to get to my address in 9ja, they brought it to my house.
chai.... Me I'll tell them i can't pay if they give me option of $31 oo.... That's like almost 10k extra charge fa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Yes it has, but note 8 should be better. What's wrong with the 3gig ram?

Bros, the thing no dey as swift as I want am, multi tasking and that GCAM crash wahala.. .

The comments wey I dey see on the note 8 dey scare me ( the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:

If it is memory issue, u can get a sim expander, so u wil be able to use mmc

I wish this was memory.. I don't mind using a sim and a memory atm.. But I'll definitely get the extender soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
EseAbed:

Bros, the thing no dey as swift as I want am, multi tasking and that GCAM crash wahala.. .

The comments wey I dey see on the note 8 dey scare me ( the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know)
Your current phone nr dey multi-task well or background apps dey quick reload? You don turn off miui battery saver for such apps?
For the gcam, download gcam xtreme make u try, somebody try am this night and e say e dey stable, just search am for nairaland search bar.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:

Tried the same power source, same cable but different adapter, e no shock me. Touched the USB mouth too, e no shock me...... Its the former adapter that has the issue grin. Gracias
Using the other charger, can it have an adverse effect on the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Tried the same power source, same cable but different adapter, e no shock me. Touched the USB mouth too, e no shock me...... Its the former adapter that has the issue grin. Gracias
Using the other charger, can it have an adverse effect on the phone?
Which other charger? Ensure you use an original, at least a 5v, 2A (10W) charger.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:
Your current phone nr dey multi-task well or background apps dey quick reload? You don turn off miui battery saver for such apps?
For the gcam, download gcam xtreme make u try, somebody try am this night and e say e dey stable, just search am for nairaland search bar.

Na the two O... E go just dey hang sometimes. About that MIUI battery Saver something, nor be only when the battery saver dey on generally e suppose work? Abi e dey work wen my battery saver dey off? Cos I no dey quick use dt battery saver ra-ra, maybe once in 2 weeks sef.

Make I go find that GCAM extreme first.. Bros shey e go clear like the current one?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:
Which other charger? Ensure you use an original, at least a 5v, 2A (10W) charger.
The first one that shocked me is the Samsung f
Qc charger. I am using the one for infinix phone, stil flash charging my phone but not shocking.... Like a current account haq Haq haq

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
genius43:

How's it like? How much, and how's the sound and battery?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thayay:
chai.... Me I'll tell them i can't pay if they give me option of $31 oo.... That's like almost 10k extra charge fa

u gat no choice bro..
i no wan hear stories .
i gat to pay am o cos the order dn dey too delay.
most times, na the sellers dey cause that nonsense.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suregalluv(f): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
suregalluv:
Please when one updates the phone, do all the files get cleared, esp for one who doesn't use an external storage device?

somebody should answer me nau. Biko!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
suregalluv:
Please when one updates the phone, do all the files get cleared, esp for one who doesn't use an external storage device?
No.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunharry(m): 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gptech:
Yes ooo.
Abeg me need link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suregalluv(f): 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
BoleAndFish:
No.
Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 12:11am On Oct 14, 2019
genius43:

This tronsmart na kpangolo.. buy Sony xb 22

Thank me later
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 12:16am On Oct 14, 2019
How to install Google Camera 7.0 (GCAM) on some Xiaomi devices https://c.mi.com/thread-2519097-1-0.html

Night sight works perfectly

Attached picture taken at midnight

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6030) (6031) (6032) (6033) (6034) (6035) (6036) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.