Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,380 members, 7,846,617 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9392012 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6243) (6244) (6245) (6246) (6247) (6248) (6249) ... (9328) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Advice to Everyone....

If you haven't updated your MIUI to 11 my advice is ignore the updates for now.... On Mi Community there are lots of issue people are complaining about.. Just be patient and enjoy your MIUI 10 for now.. The battery Drain is a common problem to all people who updated to MIUI 11...

Be Wise

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:42am On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
Advice to Everyone....

If you haven't updated your MIUI to 11 my advice is ignore the updates for now.... On Mi Community there are lots of issue people are complaining about.. Just be patient and enjoy your MIUI 10 for now.. The battery Drain is a common problem to all people who updated to MIUI 11...

Be Wise

Nothing new. It's always advised to do a clean install for major os upgrades like miui 9 to miui 10 or Android 9 to 10. OTA updates are perfect if you are still within the same miui version.

Affected persons can reboot several times or download the full rom and update.

P.S.
Take everything you read on miui forum with a pinch of salt. Example below

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nongo123(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

Someone already gave review. Use the Nairaland search bar

Owk I was already busy with that and thank you!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

Nothing new. It's always advised to do a clean install for major os upgrades like miui 9 to miui 10 or Android 9 to 10. OTA updates are perfect if you are still within the same miui version.

P.S.
I think u should read some complains.. Some have done hard, soft all reset.. Still having issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirAce: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
check ur profile
Where can I find my profile?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirAce: 7:56am On Nov 13, 2019
winnerr:

Toggle DND on and off.
Done dat already. Didn't work, Switched it off and on, didn't work, restarted my phone, didn't work, switched 2 second space and it didn't work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
I think u should read some complains.. Some have done hard, soft all reset.. Still having issues

It takes time for the battery to stabilize.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2019
SirAce:

Where can I find my profile?
toggle ur settings in Sound and vibrations
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

P.S.
this too cold ish is funny lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:08am On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
this too cold ish is funny lol

You can never satisfy the Indians
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:12am On Nov 13, 2019
SirAce:

It's not in silent mode and I don slide am up many times. The color of the ringer notification is grey instead of blue like d rest

Force restart your phone by holding the power button for 10-15seconds
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:19am On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

That was Statuses anyway. Am a United fan by the way.

No way shocked shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

No way shocked shocked

No way what?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

No way what?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

See him face cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2019
Morning guys. Is there GCAM for Redmi 8 as well?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kvngjesse(m): 8:39am On Nov 13, 2019
Jessewhyte:
sorry for bothering you, shey na global version?
Yea

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I noticed same on my device too though it is not a xiaomi device,since I updated to Android 10 WhatsApp has been a major battery drainer for me. For your phone being slow would suggest a factory reset or a a full rom re-download. You can also try to give the phone time to adjust to the new update.

Actually, it's not the fault of the phone. WhatsApp latest update have issues. Lots of users ranging from IOS to Android users complained about battery drain from WhatsApp.

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/11/11/whatsapp-error-could-be-draining-your-battery-check-here-to-be-sure/

If not that you said yours is not on Xiaomi, oga nitpick would have jumped on it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2019
sexiestharam:
I regret upgrading my POCO F1 to MIUI11. My phone is now stupidly slow and drains my battery. A phone that could last me 24 hours can't even last 12 hours. The worst thing is I updated my WhatsApp and the latest version takes at least 30% of my battery even when I am sleeping and doing nothing. I am tired of my phone.

It is not the MIUI 11 on your phone but WhatsApp itself.

Actually, it's not the fault of the phone. WhatsApp latest update have issues. Lots of users ranging from IOS to Android users complained about battery drain from WhatsApp. We just hope WhatsApp fix their issues.

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/11/11/whatsapp-error-could-be-draining-your-battery-check-here-to-be-sure/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Actually, it's not the fault of the phone. WhatsApp latest update have issues. Lots of users ranging from IOS to Android users complained about battery drain from WhatsApp.

If not that you said yours is not on Xiaomi, oga nitpick would have jumped on it.

I kukuma ready for am. loll
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2019
Tiger2020:
play later on the default music app means when you are playing a certain music,you can go to another song and click the play later option ,which means it will play after the already paying music

Ok, nice one but "Queue" can also be a good alternative, in PowerAmp you can arrange the songs in your queue the way you want them to play.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2019
okikiosibodu:

RN7, global vesion, India...
... Just tried Mexico, e no gree work
The downlood is on is on root folder on the mmc
I see GrandMufti has given you a fix... All good now?
Good morning
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2019
SirAce:

Done dat already. Didn't work, Switched it off and on, didn't work, restarted my phone, didn't work, switched 2 second space and it didn't work
Toggle the silent button that should fix it... You could also check out your sound and vibration settings.
Enjoy your day
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

See him face cheesy cheesy

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2019
abeg pass me link sir
kvngjesse:

Yea
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2019
flawless911:
MIUI TIP

So u know how sometimes someone wants u to Hotspot them and u know say their fone might want to finish yr data with auto update and all sorts of rubbish the owner wants to do without self control like say na im sub for u grin grin

Well u can restrict how many MB anybody on yr Hotspot network can use and even limit how many people can connect to your Hotspot at a time.. This way u can freely dash dem 50mb (or whatever mb yr heart desires) from yr data and once they exceed the allotted data, ya hotspot will automatically switch off and kick everybody off wink

No more yaf finish my data cos of my small kindness angry

Simply goto your Hotspot settings located at Settings/Portable Hotspot and choose One-time Data Limit

Choose the size of MB u want them to use, I use 50mb cos m not yr fada undecided, the also choose Turn off and notify under when exceeded

Now feel free to be Mr. Nice guy with no repercussions smiley

Na waa o. All this hidden features.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2019

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

The update is not for Indian region . Switch back to Nigeria,clear updater app cache, reboot and try again.

And what is your current miui Version?
Screenshot
I downloaded the rom for global version on the company website. Its what I have been attempting to use for update.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by winnerr(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
check jboixxx compilations
Tried the one there. Didn't work. Or is there something else I need to install before installing the GCAM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:
Xiaomi 30k phone is needed.

Someone should recommend one o...
Check redmi 8a and redmi 7a.... If you can up your budget by 18k get a redmi 8

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2019
maclawrence02:
I made the switch from beta to stable miui 11, xiaomi.eu.
Battery looking sweet.
pls how did u switch over? Were you on miui 10 beta before porting to miui 11 stable?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2019
Trex4:
Check redmi 8a and redmi 7a.... If you can up your budget by 18k get a redmi 8

30k max

(1) (2) (3) ... (6243) (6244) (6245) (6246) (6247) (6248) (6249) ... (9328) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.