Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9281814 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6246) (6247) (6248) (6249) (6250) (6251) (6252) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bahddo:
wait, Redmi Note 8 uses snapdragon while the Pro version uses mediatek?

Yes. Redmi Note 8 uses Snapdragon 665 while Redmi Note 8 Pro uses Mediatek Helio G90T.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

At least it was my quote that gave her the opportunity to cry out and complain. If I didn't raise a red flag on the issue the other moniker raised. She would have been coping with a bad thing.

Over here nobody is allowed to complain. But everyone is allowed to praise the brand. And obviously alot of things is wrong with this brand. But hey what do I know? I am just a Samsung fanboy. And the users complaining are probably lying and it's not allowed here!
isn't there a Samsung thread you can spam with your posts that help nobody?

Some of us are trying to make a decision on our next device based on real user reviews, and your mostly meaningless posts are everywhere clogging up screen space.

You aren't even a Xiaomi user, but act like you know the brand in and out. Typical pseud.

Please take a hike.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

Before you she has been here, even before she bought the Pocophone and would have been attended to like every other.

Don't feel important please. Your importance here is like the triple cameras on that Bobarry phone.

Peace.
grin

16 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
muyibabs:

Yes. Redmi Note 8 uses Snapdragon 665 while Redmi Note 8 Pro uses Mediatek Helio G90T.
hmmm... Thanks. Do you know how the battery experience is on the Pro? I'd like to get the Pro version 6/128, but I'm worried Mtk is power hungry and harder to create updates for.

Should that be a concern?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Sorry you cant expect perfection from an upcoming brand.

You can only hope for something close to the best. Xiaomi is trying though , having so many customers proves that they are getting something right. Maybe it's that IR blaster they put in their phones. I cant just tell! That function must be really cooler than using old fashioned remote tho.

Do you always get so bored that you seek attention greatly? You know, you can talk to people around you, it will do you a lot of good. Boredom is a terrible thing.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

Before you she has been here, even before she bought the Pocophone and would have been attended to like every other.

Don't feel important please. Your importance here is like the triple cameras on that Bobarry phone.

Peace.

Sir,
We are all privy to the fact that people have issues with the devices. Be it iPhone or Xiaomi, whether the problem comes from the company or user. A complaint is bound to arise during the course of using such a device. But this thread stifles complaints. I even read a reply to a user complaining of not seeing his LTE signal. And the reply was an astonishing "Oga Use it Like That Joor". I wanted to comment but before I will be accused of nitpicking I kept quiet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bahddo:

Some of us are trying to make a decision on our next device based on real user reviews, and your mostly meaningless posts are everywhere clogging up screen space.

You aren't even a Xiaomi user, but act like you know the brand in and out. Typical pseud.

Please take a hike.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Bros no vex na. We know his type, na small remain.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

Peace.

I'm so loving this track grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bahddo:

Please take a hike.

Learn to ignore the guy, argument is his hobby, that is what he does for a living.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by salvo583: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
lilclin:
Abeg those that received MIUI 11 update on Redmi note 7 how did you guys do it...my bro rn7 still dey this MIUI 10 and no update yet
Don't even bother to update bro! It's been a battery drainer. I lose 10% of battery life to 8hours sleep against 2% while in miui 10. Hoping another update would fix that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikool007(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
vanchi:

GTB doesn't work on the playstore
*Your own doesn't on playstore, every other person i know use it with no issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Do you always get so bored that you seek attention greatly? You know, you can talk to people around you, it will do you a lot of good. Boredom is a terrible thing.

Good Afternoon Ma'am,

If airing my opinions depicts boredom then so be it. I replied to those who I felt needed expert opinion.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
eby001:

Learn to ignore the guy, argument is his hobby, that is what he does for a living.

Sensible and constructive argument is healthy, not all these OTT and them tech-wannabes BS.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
mikool007:
*Your own doesn't on playstore, every other person i know use it with no issues
Yea, I already established that..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
salvo583:

Don't even bother to update bro! It's been a battery drainer. I lose 10% of battery life to 8hours sleep against 2% while in miui 10. Hoping another update would fix that

I wanted to tell him, but before another person will tell me to take a "hike". I went back from the quote page. By the way who goes hiking in this country? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
You people have time to be replying this Mr lawyer,the only problem is that his comments will be affecting the newbies negatively
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Good Afternoon Ma'am,

If airing my opinions depicts boredom then so be it. I replied to those who I felt needed expert opinions.

Nooo drop the ma'am thingy. If you want to critique, do it constructively. When you pick on the faults alone and not the other good things the device offers, you have an agenda up your sleeve and thereby coming off as being bitter. There is literally no device that is perfect, heck am facing some bugs on my device and it is not from xiaomi. Search your heart, you will see you have something against the brand and it is not even about the complaints on here only. Expert opinion? The only thing you excel at is just to say things you literally have no idea about, all hear-says. Experience will always be the best teacher.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Sensible and constructive argument is healthy, not all these OTT and them tech-wannabes BS.

What is more constructive than noticing some overlooked flaws in a UI and red flagging them?
And what is more unhealthy than seeing what is wrong and overlooking it for the fear of reprisal from a faceless forum?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
am wondering how some people can be talking things that doesn't concern them... did you even know what brought about the LTE discussion?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bahddo:
hmmm... Thanks. Do you know how the battery experience is on the Pro? I'd like to get the Pro version 6/128, but I'm worried Mtk is power hungry and harder to create updates for.

The Pro has 4500mah battery which should help to an extent. If you are seriously concerned about updates and support then I think you should consider other devices. genius43, GrandMufti, Gptech, etc can shed more light on this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

he claims to be lawyer by profession but its obvious that idleness is his profession
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

What is more constructive than noticing some overlooked flaws in a UI and red flagging them?
And what is more unhealthy than seeing what is wrong and overlooking it for the fear of reprisal from a faceless forum?

If you have been taking notes and not just coming to pick on a fault and embellish it, no one is overlooking and no one is shushing people. There are freaking many people willing to help, my question to you is what has been your contribution on this thread other than highlighting bugs? undecided For someone that is supposedly an "expert', have never seen you proffer a solution to any issue on here.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikool007(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
Trex4:
grin
who knows maybe this what these Tecno people are doing

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Nooo drop the ma'am thingy. If you want to critique, do it constructively. When you pick on the faults alone and not the other good things the device offers, you have an agenda up your sleeve and thereby coming off as being bitter. There is literally no device that is perfect, heck am facing some bugs on my device and it is not from xiaomi. Search your heart, you will see you have something against the brand and it is not even about the complaints on here only. Expert opinion? The only thing you excel at is just to say things you literally have no idea about, all hear-says. Experience will always be the best teacher.

No Ma'am,
I have friends who use Xiaomi. In fact I have put a few Xiaomi devices on my dream list .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

No Ma'am,
I have friends who use Xiaomi. In fact I have put a few Xiaomi devices on my dream list .

I also have friends who use Iphones? Does that make me an expert on all things iphone? NO and same goes for you too re xiaomi, in plain broken english, you no sabi anything.

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
Tiger2020:
he claims to be lawyer by profession but its obvious that idleness is his profession

Lolll, make una allow me. I dey lunch break. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

If you have been taking notes and not just coming to pick on a fault and embellish it, no one is overlooking and no one is shushing people. There are freaking many people willing to help, my question to you is what has been your contribution on this thread other than highlighting bugs? undecided For someone that is supposedly an "expert', have never seen you proffer a solution to any issue on here.

I have proffered solutions once or twice. And mind you ma'am , white hackers job is to find a fault in a system. And they are paid hugely for it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
salvo583:

If you are going to download the next update via OTA then be ready for further disappointment

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bahddo:

The early vibes we are getting from the RN8 PRO is that Xiaomi is giving it attention. I heard they even have out 10units to developers to use as lab rats for development which is a good sign. If they don't change users mentality to their MTK devices like the RN8Pro then they can kiss their hopes of marketing and selling the upcoming Redmi K30 which will come with a 7nm 5G enabled Mediatek Chipset.

So far RN8 PRO now have a GCam which is still under development but it is stable at least. So let's watch as things unfold.

Like I told someone the other if you love the phone get. There are lots of people who don't care or pay attention to Custom development. So what do they have to fear, when I a year or so they are already salivating for the latest refreshed model.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I also have friends who uses Iphones? Does that make me an expert on all things iphone? NO and same goes for you too re xiaomi, in plain broken english, you no sabi anything.

I don't raise fictitious issues. I only bring the deserved attention to problems raised by users on this thread. And if those complaining about their own devices are lying. Then those praising the devices are also lying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

I have proffered solutions once or twice. And mind you ma'am , white hackers job is to find a fault in a system. And they are paid hugely for it.

Hahahahaha, dafuq is the correlation?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

I don't raise fictitious issues. I only bring the deserved attention to problems raised by users on this thread. And if those complaining about their own devices are lying. Then those praising the devices are also lying

So, the question is, why do you only raise issues (without proffering solutions) and not applaud some positive reviews from users? Why?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6246) (6247) (6248) (6249) (6250) (6251) (6252) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Debroslink and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.