Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,318 members, 7,846,406 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9391063 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6249) (6250) (6251) (6252) (6253) (6254) (6255) ... (9328) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Sir,
We are all privy to the fact that people have issues with the devices. Be it iPhone or Xiaomi, whether the problem comes from the company or user. A complaint is bound to arise during the course of using such a device. But this thread stifles complaints. I even read a reply to a user complaining of not seeing his LTE signal. And the reply was an astonishing "Oga Use it Like That Joor". I wanted to comment but before I will be accused of nitpicking I kept quiet.
Did you happen not to have seen where I gave pictorial directions on how to enable it b4 it was discovered that its rom dependent? Of course you will not see that one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
olayinkajnr:

The only thing I can tell is that you are so jobless and at the same time depressed. So, yeah, I can tell that you need to cool off.

Theres no need for the subtle insults. We had argued and agreed that the Update had issues. So why the insult? Will it make you feel better? If yes continue because I am a huge fan of building self esteem. Although this method is quite unconventional tho

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
bro your matter self too much for Xiaomi... Let the users complain... I try to get most solution from Google or Mi Community because Ogas plenty for here... So leave us Mi users alone we love our fake fantasy land
tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Good Afternoon Ma'am,

If airing my opinions depicts boredom then so be it. I replied to those who I felt needed expert opinion.
sorry to burst your bubble bro, for here you be apprentice!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2019
maclawrence02:
sorry to burst your bubble bro, for here you be apprentice!

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
bazkid24:

Turns out it was WhatsApp that was eating up my battery. I checked battery usage when the battery drain last happened and WhatsApp had 70%
They won't see this one now o....until he says na MIUI 11 update de kill the battery, den, soldier of antiXiaomi go surface
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Lol. She don already talk say she get time na.
I just entered thread o. Na her posts caught my attention o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bazkid24(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Btw I see you just posted some amazing photos on Camera Thread. Isn't funny how we don't take our own advice? Sir your almost daily contribution to the numerous photos on camera thread is something that money cannot buy. Only passion for Nairaland can do that, and for this I respect you. I have maximum respect for every moniker here. Irrespective of how many monikers may belong to single individual. I believe respect is reciprocal.

I respect you too, bro but your incessant attacks on Xiaomi is starting to get annoying.

But wait a sec, if my memory serves me right. Some pages back, weren't you the one saying that the stock cam of Xiaomi phones are not good enough and that Xiaomi users 'need' GCAM in order to snap great pictures

I find it quite ironic that you could praise my pics as being 'amazing photos' because most of the pics I posted on the camera thread were taken with my Xiaomi stock cam

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
Mfunkynation:

Bros, I have won a dispute... but there's no refund information attached to the dispute order...
I don't know if this is the new method of AliExpress!
Today is the 11 day after I won the dispute and AliExpress judgement reads "Valid"....but am patiently waiting to received alert

Maybe we'll have to wait then. Thanks for the reply. I hope they refund soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
maclawrence02:

Did you happen not to have seen where I gave pictorial directions on how to enable it b4 it was discovered that its rom dependent? Of course you will not see that one.

I saw it and at that time I didn't raise an issue, did I?

But the deed of telling a telling a complainant to "Go and use like that joor" had already been done.

Its demoralising when you get turned away were you ought to get help. Especially when this same thread offers advice. Then the insults, these are my issues.

Apart from that I will gladly buy a mi9t or recommend a good Xiaomi device. And I have done so on Nairaland on more than an occasion.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
bazkid24:

I respect you too, bro but your incessant attacks on Xiaomi is starting to get annoying.

But wait a sec, if my memory serves me right. Some pages back, weren't you the one saying that the stock cam of Xiaomi phones are not good enough and that Xiaomi users 'need' GCAM in order to snap great pictures

I find it quite ironic that you could praise my pics as being 'amazing photos' because most of the pics I posted on the camera thread were taken with my Xiaomi stock cam

Rn7 stock cam not Mi9T stock cam
And I put close to 10 quotes from users

I have a crush on the Mi9T grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

I have proffered solutions once or twice. And mind you ma'am , white hackers job is to find a fault in a system. And they are paid hugely for it.
In this case who send you?
Who dey pay you?
You be NGO abi charity organisation that decided to offer 'white hacker' job for free on top xiaomi matter? I dey sure say most of us here go like to know your 'job description' grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bazkid24(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Rn7 stock cam not Mi9T stock cam And I put close to 10 quotes from users
I have a crush on the Mi9T grin
What about genius43 that still takes great pictures with his RN5 stock cam?
Are you implying that the stock cam of the RN5 is better than that of the RN7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
Order Order Order.... Abeg make una leave the guy alone..una won kill am.... Bros KngGezy collect ur friends phone and download mi community.. There's a challenge going on where you can end up winning that new Note 10

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
bazkid24:

Your head de there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
bazkid24:

What about genius43 that still takes great pictures with his RN5 stock cam?

Are you implying that the stock cam of the RN5 is better than that of the RN7?

Not my words but words from Users
Btw on this same thread someone has argued that RN5 cam is better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
muyibabs:

The Pro has 4500mah battery which should help to an extent. If you are seriously concerned about updates and support then I think you should consider other devices. genius43, GrandMufti, Gptech, etc can shed more light on this
thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
maclawrence02:

In this case who send you?
Who dey pay you?
You be NGO abi charity organisation that decided to offer 'white hacker' job for free on top xiaomi matter? I dey sure say most of us here go like to know your 'job description' grin

Just to help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bazkid24(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Not my words but words from from Users Btw on this same thread someone has argued that RN5 cam is better
Words from other users?
Tell me, did you follow up their words and see if it was later resolved or not?
Or you just quoted them out of context?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

The early vibes we are getting from the RN8 PRO is that Xiaomi is giving it attention. I heard they even have out 10units to developers to use as lab rats for development which is a good sign. If they don't change users mentality to their MTK devices like the RN8Pro then they can kiss their hopes of marketing and selling the upcoming Redmi K30 which will come with a 7nm 5G enabled Mediatek Chipset.

So far RN8 PRO now have a GCam which is still under development but it is stable at least. So let's watch as things unfold.

Like I told someone the other if you love the phone get. There are lots of people who don't care or pay attention to Custom development. So what do they have to fear, when I a year or so they are already salivating for the latest refreshed model.
thanks man. I'd give myself a week to change my mind, and go for it if I haven't.

"Thank you" to all who are genuinely trying to assist others here.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
kallmemrB:
Order Order Order.... Abeg make una leave the guy alone..una won kill am.... Bros KngGezy collect ur friends phone and download mi community.. There's a challenge going on where you can end up winning that new Note 10

That's nice,
But I keep out of challenges because I hate raising my Hope's. I hate Betting, challenges and its likes, If at all i will use the Note 10,I will buy it by Gods Grace. Wish you the best though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

I saw it and at that time I didn't raise an issue, did I?

But the deed of telling a telling a complainant to "Go and use like that joor" had already been done.

Its demoralising when you get turned away were you ought to get help. Especially when this same thread offers advice. Then the insults, these are my issues.

Apart from that I will gladly buy a mi9t or recommend a good Xiaomi device. And I have done so on Nairaland on more than an occasion.
So the deal for you here is any positive appraisal loose your voice, hibernate and keep a low profile but any complaints become hyper-active suddenly discover the use of your voice and then screem to high heavens right?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bahddo:
thanks man. I'd give myself a week to change my mind, and go for it if I haven't.

"Thank you" to all who are genuinely trying to assist others here.

You are Welcome Sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
olayinkajnr:

WhatsApp have issues with their update. I'm surprised Mr. Constructive criticism don't even know whatsapp have issues self and yet blaming it on the entire brand grin.

Millions of users are complaining about the huge battery drain from WhatsApp.

The guy don't do updates na. Person that said he can't do a 300mb phone update(can't remember the exact size) that you are expecting to frequently update his WhatsApp?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
this guy is still tagging Xiaomi as an upcoming brand, but it baffled me a lot, because this upcoming brand over took Samsung in India since last year... Going by smartphone world, we know who India is, therefore, its better we turn blind eye to some of his posts.

Going by the bugs in MIUI 11, its a normal thing for any UI and OS to have issues in the first month of upgrade.

It is also observed that the new update in WhatsApp (fingerprint security) has caused lot of battery drain across all sort of device.

Make una free this guy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

Just to help
Without proffering solutions? And you claim to be an expert?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2019
jboixxx:

Wetin make I dash you biko? Thank God I know de here when this ish happened.....I for break bottles here grin grin grin grin grin

My Oga, anything dey welcome. How hustle?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
bazkid24:

Words from other users?

Tell me, did you follow up their words and see if it was later resolved or not?

Or you just quoted them out of context?

If you have been taking notice of my moniker . Most times I follow the thread without commenting. Because I have noticed that my comments tend to have a big backlash.
And Camera issues is a 50% software 50% hardware issue. Only if you are lucky to be able to install gcam. And the Gcam has issues too. And the guy never withdrew his complaint. He eventually got tired of posting after the bashing he had received on this thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
pls, how do you qualify an individual that only look for a defect in you, he keep mute when you are doing great, but show face whenever he sees a possible/slight defect in you...

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
olayinkajnr:

WhatsApp have issues with their update. I'm surprised Mr. Constructive criticism don't even know whatsapp have issues self and yet blaming it on the entire brand grin.

Millions of users are complaining about the huge battery drain from WhatsApp.
even Samsung users are affected by the WhatsApp battery drain, yet the Samsung fanboy would not let the Xiaomi thread rest.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
genius43:

The guy don't do updates na. Person that said he can't do a 300mb phone update(can't remember the exact size) that you are expecting to frequently update his WhatsApp?

Sorry to Ask Sir,

But you are a tech guru. My teen cousin knows that failure to update WhatsApp as at when due. The WhatsApp will stop working until you update. And my phones Galaxy Store and Play store is tuned to auto update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bazkid24(m): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
KngGezy:

If you have been taking notice of my moniker . Most times I follow the thread without commenting. Because I have noticed that my comments tend to have a big backlash.
And Camera issues is a 50% software 50% hardware issue. Only if you are lucky to be able to install gcam. And the Gcam has issues too. And the guy never withdrew his complaint. He eventually got tired of posting after the bashing he had received on this thread

So that guy that complained about his stock cam has turned into the whole community of RN7 users?

That his stock cam had issues meant that the stock cam of all of the RN7 ever produced had issues as well?

Cos I don't see why you will use an isolated incident to generalise that all RN7 stock cam were not good

(1) (2) (3) ... (6249) (6250) (6251) (6252) (6253) (6254) (6255) ... (9328) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ogarexmas and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.