Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202387 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6282) (6283) (6284) (6285) (6286) (6287) (6288) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
drjprince:
leave am he was still in jss1 cheesy

Most likely your demeaning statements wont stop me from exercising my freedom of Speech. And this further goes a long way to show your person. For all you know I may be pursuing my second degree amongst other things. But why do I need to explain myself on a faceless forum?

For all I know you, what you are engaged in doesn't concern me. I may be replying one person using different monikers. As far as you have the mental capacity to answer me constructively. And reply to my messages with mutual respect I will respond.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
KngGezy:

Most likely your demeaning statements wont stop me from exercising my freedom of Speech. And this further goes a long way to show your person. For all you know I may be pursuing my second degree amongst other things. But why do I need to explain myself on a faceless forum?

For all I know you, what you are engaged in doesn't concern me. I may be replying one person using different monikers. As far as you have the mental capacity to answer me constructively. And reply to my messages with mutual respect I will respond.
messmelly come and carry your brother abeg

Go to gsmarena and continue bombarding redmi device but you go dey alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Jephz:
that's because there's not official port for gcam for mi9t and mi 9t pro yet....if you see gcam on redmi note 7 ..u will love o...we planned to contribute to fund for one developer on telegram group to help us develop for mi9t pro ....but one nonsense idiot messed things up. and the developer refunded our money
I downloaded the one developed for mi9t n that's what most guys are using... Not really impressed though. The stock camera was better than the gcam...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
KngGezy:

The fact that you reply predisposes you to more assaults. Just do your thing and leave. I really don't feel cool seeing people cyber bullying you here. It's saddening, really. And I really admire the fact that you consistently suppress the temptation to have an outburst on this thread or pick a fight with anybody here despite the persistent pushing to the wall. It's really commendable.

Again, If you're going to give constructive criticism, it's best you do it without showing an intent to demean or denigrate a brand or something. (Xiaomi users actually demean Infinix and transsion devices though) There's always a good thing about something... Always!

Cheers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
drjprince:
messmelly come and carry your brother abeg

I will never resort to insults no matter how undeserving of my respect your replies may be.

I am relaxed and for now there's still the battery issue caused by the MIUI 11 updates. When I find a something that catches my fancy or that I am confused about I will ask questions.

But I will no more give credence to your statements by replying them. Maybe some other time on another topic. But not tonight, have a great night Sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
Converted 6 people so far this month

Redmi note 8

Redmi 8

Redmi 7A

Bought 5 diff note 8 this month at 61,500 4/64G in comp vilage while redmi 8 sells for 47k 4/64G. Never knew Xiaomi is observing black Friday deals too, got redmi 7A for a friend today for 31,900 2/32G

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
KngGezy:

Sir please take me seriously , I'm not here to catch fun by insulting others. I'm here to get opinions and give mine inter alia.
It was no news that a model had battery issues causing the batteries to rupture and the devices to explode. It's about how many times you get it right not about the few times you failed.
Have I ever insulted you in my quest to catch fun?
If your beloved Samsung was detonating bombs and xiaomi had never/have not/will never not even once have issues with exploding batteries then I ask you who is failing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
KngGezy:

Demeaning statement? After all he has freedom of speech, freedom of expression and he is entitled to own opinion. Don't you dare make him feel bad about it. Pls allow him to express himself without condemnation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

1 And I really admire the fact that you consistently suppress the temptation to have an outburst on this thread or pick a fight with anybody here

2 Again, If you're going to give constructive criticism, it's best you do it without showing an intent to demean or denigrate a brand or something.

3(Xiaomi users actually demean Infinix and transsion devices though) There's always a good thing about something... Always!

Cheers.

Foremostly my being relegated to the back and keeping mute is what some guys here crave. And honestly as far as i am not deliberately being a pain in the ass. And I am not deliberately involved in arguments. And I genuinely have questions and objections no matter how opposing it may be. I dont intend to be cyber bullied into obedience.

Now i have picked out some salient points from your comments. And these points ought to be implemented by monikers on this thread. I have no right to tell anyone what to do Sirs and Ma'ams. But I can only tell them to allow other opinions to have their peace.

I wont pick a fight and I don't expect anyone to. I have recommended this brand but online and offline. I have even wanted to patronize one of the trustworthy marketers here. It is important that we don't miss the reason and chase shadows. And the reason of this thread and Section is give advice ,receive advice, give recommendations , proffer solutions and share knowledge. Fundamentally theres the technology market for sales aspect.

But hey what do I know? Thank you bro and have a nice night
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Rarely use use the camera, the pop up camera haven't seen light for like a month now, not kidding. But when i do, it's great. So much so that i don't use gcam on mine. Not that gcam doesn't produce better pictures, it does but the stock is good enough for me, at least for now.

As for Miui 11, I'm already on a custom Miui ROM, still based on Miui 11 tho but i can't answer that..
Thanks Bro... One last thing. One a scale of one to ten please rate your overall experience so far cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jephz(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
paradigmshift:

I downloaded the one developed for mi9t n that's what most guys are using... Not really impressed though. The stock camera was better than the gcam...
I'm telling you now that there's no one for mi9t .they just improvise that one...even the one I'm using for my mi9t pro is not for the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
maclawrence02:

Demeaning statement? After all he has freedom of speech, freedom of expression and he is entitled to own opinion. Don't you dare make him feel bad about it. Pls allow him to express himself without condemnation.

I will not want to go into the aspect of the law since according to you i am still a "lawyer to be" grin. But from my little knowledge,his freedom of Speech is allowed as far as he doesn't hinder or uses his freedom to cause harm to me in this case my reputation. As his statements may be defamatory and he can be sued for it. Especially since it's in writing that will go into libel and Slander........

I'm not suing tho grin just explaining

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
KngGezy:

I will never resort to insults no matter how undeserving of my respect your replies may be.

I am relaxed and for now there's still the battery issue caused by the MIUI 11 updates. When I find a something that catches my fancy or that I am confused about I will ask questions.

But I will no more give credence to your statements by replying them. Maybe some other time on another topic. But not tonight, have a great night Sir.
But Bros on a serious note,
what's your end game?
Are you planning on getting a Xiaomi device soonest?
Are there some gray areas holding you back?
I'm asking all these because the last time I checked you don't own a Xiaomi device so I'm just lost on why you are here.
Why the unflinching interest in everything xiaomi?
I will advice you come clean so we could get this over with.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
Jephz:
I'm telling you now that there's no one for mi9t .they just improvise that one...even the one I'm using for my mi9t pro is not for the phone

xiaomi should generally improve on their camera.
i aint impressed with their cameras
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
KngGezy:

I will not want to go into the aspect of the law since according to you i am still a "lawyer to be" grin. But from my little knowledge,his freedom of Speech is allowed as far as he doesn't hinder or uses his freedom to cause harm to me in this case my reputation. As his statements may be defamatory and he can be sued for it. Especially since it's in writing that will go into libel and Slander........

I'm not suing tho grin just explaining
If this is the law then count yourself lucky cos xiaomi for Don put you for jail without an option for fine.
1 You Don defame xiaomi (calling them up coming),
2 you Don cause harm by driving away their potential customers with some misinformation you gave here, I can go on and on but make I stop here for now.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
maclawrence02:

But Bros on a serious note,
what's your end game?
Are you planning on getting a Xiaomi device soonest?
Are there some gray areas holding you back?
I'm asking all these because the last time I checked you don't own a Xiaomi device so I'm just lost on why you are here.
Why the unflinching interest in everything xiaomi?
I will advice you come clean so we could get this over with.

I am just fascinated with the brand. It has caught my interest, I am not trying to discredit this brand. But I find it amazing both in real life and online. How this brand was able to make so close-to-perfect phones. I got really intrigued when I saw a xiaomites comment on an Infinix thread at that time I was using Infinix. And I really felt bad about the device grin. So I moved to Samsung both in Device and thread. And in my mind I thought, here was I technically above the food chain of Android users. At that time okikosisobudu I'm sorry if I got the name wrong was planning on getting a Samsung Aserie device. Then suddenly someone started attacking the Aseries thread. Then I said to myself, I must see how perfect this device really is for them to portray this image of a new brand (sorry to me it is and it actually is since they officially entered the Nigerian market few months ago) so well.

And I visited their enormous thread and surely I wasn't disappointed cheesy. I started giving my opinions and I was surprised that civility obtainable in the Samsung Galaxy thread wasn't so here. In as much as the Devices were superb going by their processors when juxtaposed with what the transsion devices have. There were still some "grey areas" and that fear that an opposing comment will be silenced with a boatload of insults.

So that's it until now, but I must say those who intend to use this brand won't face any regrets whatsoever. Because although I have concerns but those are secondary which even Samsung has started having.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2019
maclawrence02:

you Don cause harm by driving away their potential customers with some misinformation you gave here, I can go on and on but make I stop here for now.

To be honest this was never my intent and I would recommend this device to anyone that wants to buy. I have done that before. The issues I had raised can be solved with software updates. And like I said before you will hardly find the ever trustworthy marketers here elsewhere. Very very very reliable monikers, any questions asked here is to douse doubts and for general knowledge. This inter alia is one of the major goto brands.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 17, 2019
paradigmshift:
Gcam for mi9t is just there.

The stock camera ain't sharp..

I don't rate xiaomi when it comes to camera

Although much better than rn7.
I really prefer stock to gcam on 9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 12:16am On Nov 17, 2019
wiconse:

Although much better than rn7.
I really prefer stock to gcam on 9t

i don't like any xiaomi cameras, it is just there.....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2019
KngGezy:

I am just fascinated with the brand. It has caught my interest, I am not trying to discredit this brand. But I find it amazing both in real life and online. How this brand was able to make so close-to-perfect phones. I got really intrigued when I saw a xiaomites comment on an Infinix thread at that time I was using Infinix. And I really felt bad about the device grin. So I moved to Samsung both in Device and thread. And in my mind I thought, here was I technically above the food chain of Android users. At that time okikosisobudu I'm sorry if I got the name wrong was planning on getting a Samsung Aserie device. Then suddenly someone started attacking the Aseries thread. Then I said to myself, I must see how perfect this device really is for them to portray this image of a new brand (sorry to me it is and it actually is since they officially entered the Nigerian market few months ago) so well.

And I visited their enormous thread and surely I wasn't disappointed cheesy. I started giving my opinions and I was surprised that civility obtainable in the Samsung Galaxy thread wasn't so here. In as much as the Devices were superb going by their processors when juxtaposed with what the transsion devices have. There were still some "grey areas" and that fear that an opposing comment will be silenced with a boatload of insults.

So that's it until now, but I must say those who intend to use this brand won't face any regrets whatsoever. Because although I have concerns but those are secondary which even Samsung has started having.
It's all good. Now that you have come clean do as you are advised (be objective and not bias) in any issue you wish to comment on trust me you will be fine from hereon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TYglobal: 12:40am On Nov 17, 2019
paradigmshift:

i don't like any xiaomi cameras, it is just there.....

Sorry o but you're beginning to sound like a broken record, Xiaomi as far as I know give the best camera for its price, you should learn how to take good shots, a photographer took my rn7 and took some shots and I couldn't believe they were from my stock camera, would have shared but they're personal, you can check black child on twitter, he takes amazing shots with redmi note 7

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TYglobal: 12:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Osyxcel:
Second update for RN7 Global MIUI 11.

And I never get the first one undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dobson43: 1:17am On Nov 17, 2019
TYglobal:

And I never get the first one undecided

Just got mine for redmi 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 1:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Feeling the venom of miui 11

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 2:20am On Nov 17, 2019
Shegun010:
GCAM on redmi note 7.
which Gcam version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 17, 2019
alosbaba007:

Can u share the link to ur redmi 8 gcam? And ur default settings Thanks
check jboixxx compilations
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 3:20am On Nov 17, 2019
paradigmshift:

xiaomi should generally improve on their camera.
i aint impressed with their cameras

Are u not afraid of gun shot by marketers. ���
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 3:28am On Nov 17, 2019
So many ppl here complaining of battery draining after the update, that scared me alot cos I don't wanna go back to blackberry days of battery wahala, moving with my charger everywhere I go.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 3:45am On Nov 17, 2019
lordprogress:
Pubg and pes are dope especially when you increase the graphics

Wc phone r u using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:48am On Nov 17, 2019
Jephz:
that's because there's not official port for gcam for mi9t and mi 9t pro yet....if you see gcam on redmi note 7 ..u will love o...we planned to contribute to fund for one developer on telegram group to help us develop for mi9t pro ....but one nonsense idiot messed things up. and the developer refunded our money

There is official port for Mi 9T/Mi 9T Pro it is same as K20 and K20 Pro the port was made by San1ty.

But most mi 9T users prefers the Mi 9's port by Xtreme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samhardy: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2019
jboixxx:
Pointek or Raya abi Slot no de that side? Try Noobody, Protein0, Macbeyland, Gidieberry or getbizy.

Thanks 4 ur recommendation..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samhardy: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Oga calm down, fortunately we have not had any case of scam on this thread. Contact Protein0 ,I think he has one in stock.

Okay.... Jst trying to b careful ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (6282) (6283) (6284) (6285) (6286) (6287) (6288) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.