Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9221854 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6659) (6660) (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) (6665) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freezy4me: 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
KngGezy:

This is very painful

So sorry bro

Everything is to be taken with a pinch of salt

Xiaomi is an upcoming brand, if you are to be dropping a large amount on a model. Be very sure of the model you are going for.

Xiaomi upcoming ke!! grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 12:09am On Jan 09, 2020
ErnyyBobo:

Can you help me as well with link for camera glass lens for redmi note 7....

NGN 606.34 16%OFF | 2pcs for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Camera Glass Lens Back Rear Camera Glass Lens with Glue Redmi Note7 Replacement Repair Spare Parts
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/oHHyI0ak

if you want to receive ur parcel, Pls and Pls use paid shipping
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:15am On Jan 09, 2020
KngGezy:

This is very painful

So sorry bro

Xiaomi is an upcoming brand, if you are to be dropping a large amount on a model. Be very sure of the model you are going for.
New year, new us

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 09, 2020
Strobing horizontal stripes problem on RN8 screen.

To represent this bug you need to display a static dark coloured background (e.g. dark grey) on the screen. After a couple of seconds white stripes on the dark background will start showing up and disappearing quickly. The best way to observe the flasing stripes is using Google Phone app swithed to dark theme. But when I start pressing a button (e.g. * or #) repeatedly and quickly (making some kind of animation on the screen) strobing stripes stop showing up until I stop pressing a button repeatedly. You can see stripes in the photo below.

How can i solve this.. does this means my brand new Redmi note 8 screen is faulty or what

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:46am On Jan 09, 2020
LaCremy:

The hotness started recently, can't remember installing a new app.

The hotspot just show error, nothing else
U don reboot your phone? Phone go dey hot if you get bad network or if the weather hot, check which b d culprit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:51am On Jan 09, 2020
Pascalville:

To represent this bug you need to display a static dark coloured background (e.g. dark grey) on the screen. After a couple of seconds white stripes on the dark background will start showing up and disappearing quickly. The best way to observe the flasing stripes is using Google Phone app swithed to dark theme. But when I start pressing a button (e.g. * or #) repeatedly and quickly (making some kind of animation on the screen) strobing stripes stop showing up until I stop pressing a button repeatedly. You can see stripes in the photo below.

How can i solve this.. does this means my brand new Redmi note 8 screen is faulty or what
Can't see th stripes. Do you experience ghost touches?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 1:51am On Jan 09, 2020
Tiger2020:
when you don't know your way around something ,seek and you will find

oga i dn ask abt mi9t n gcam, no response.
downloaded gcam for mi9t, it was bad.
d stock was even better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 1:51am On Jan 09, 2020
EBUBS:

the almighty overrated Gcam... cant spot any diffrence sad

no difference for my mi9t...........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 2:56am On Jan 09, 2020
anonymousghost2:

d stock was even better.
bro were can i download this gcam for mi a3

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by prahcetomi(m): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello guys, please I need a trusted eBay buyer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 4:41am On Jan 09, 2020
Tiger2020:
before you go for realme x2,know that it doesn't have any of the mtn 4g bands,so that you wouldn't come back to ask how you will insert your mtn sim so as to get mtn 4g service grin grin
chai, just checked, which kind wahala be this,oppo self mumu sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 4:48am On Jan 09, 2020
Nellsworld:

The global version has 7, 20 and 28, but its 8gig and 128gig rom, i don't know about ip rating
Thanks bro,what a relief
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 4:51am On Jan 09, 2020
KngGezy:

This is very painful

So sorry bro

yea thanks,still battling with dispute,seller ask for video evidence ND IMEI which I provided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:53am On Jan 09, 2020
vower:
Thanks bro,what a relief

No IP rating o. If you need a phone with IP rating go for the Samsung S or Note series

Even with the rating water they still spoil am.

And I remember advising you to get the Mi 9T then locally. But what do I know.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:55am On Jan 09, 2020
Ifeanyi4491:
bro were can i download this gcam for mi a3

Check the xiaomi compilation thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:58am On Jan 09, 2020
anonymousghost2:

d stock was even better.

Which Gcam did you download?

Try this one

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v1.9.apk

There is a thread for this that is why I don't respond that much about this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:29am On Jan 09, 2020
If you need Gcam or some troubleshootings, check the Xiaomi compilation thread. It's not perfect but addresses some of these FAQs.

Again:
Xiaomi Compilation Thread
Xiaomi Thread Store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DlawTECHY(m): 5:38am On Jan 09, 2020
Tiger2020:
when you don't know your way around something ,seek and you will find
I was once like him till I got the MI a3 and gcam.
Bro it's bliss I have soo many friends with iPhones that wants me to take their pictures.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:43am On Jan 09, 2020
prahcetomi:
Hello guys, please I need a trusted eBay buyer.
Holla at me. My contact ↓ www.nairaland.com/attachments/10580994_img201910192031551_jpegb858a30993d7eeb3270d44d0d193bc2e
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 6:08am On Jan 09, 2020
genius43:

Are you sure you downloaded the right version?

I go hit you up for WhatsApp
I have been able to load mine just as Genius43 said, though after changing it from Pixel 4XL to SSKGM1 from advance setting, I double clicked nothing happened went back to advanced you will see save xml config, tap it, go back and double click the area close to the shutter, the gcam would reload, that's all! Caveat:
Night sight shot is greenish as widely complained on XDA. It has cuttlefish and Astrophotography-would explore those features later. Have a great day Bro and thanks Genius43.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:19am On Jan 09, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

I have been able to load mine just as Genius43 said, though after changing it from Pixel 4XL to SSKGM1 from advance setting, I double clicked nothing happened went back to advanced you will see save xml config, tap it, go back and double click the area close to the shutter, the gcam would reload, that's all! Caveat:
Night sight shot is greenish as widely complained on XDA. It has cuttlefish and Astrophotography-would explore those features later. Have a great day Bro and thanks Genius43.

When you double clicked did you use the actual config file.

Copy that XML file to the folder cameraconfigs and try again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 6:21am On Jan 09, 2020
jboixxx:
Me still can't load the XML file by double clicking on the space btw the shutter, Genius43.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 6:23am On Jan 09, 2020
genius43:

When you double clicked did you use the actual config file.

Copy that XML file to the folder cameraconfigs and try again.
Mine is working now Bro! The config loaded. Thanks, I wrongly quoted you. Wanted to inform jboixxx.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Mine is working now Bro! The config loaded. Thanks, I wrongly quoted you. Wanted to inform jboixxx.
You are welcome.

Jboixxx had is own sorted out last night.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Tiger2020:
you guys should stop insulting redmi 8

Next time, tell him to get the infinix bro. You suppose don sabi them na. Na 2020 we dey o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:02am On Jan 09, 2020
Samsimple:
upcoming

You should know the guy na. He uses that word for clout. You've fallen into it now. Better to ignore. He knows that word hurts Xiaomi fans and users.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:03am On Jan 09, 2020
freezy4me:

Xiaomi upcoming ke!! grin

Stop quoting that guy. He uses the word "upcoming" because he knows it triggers Xiaomi users and fans. Now you've fallen for his gimmicks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:07am On Jan 09, 2020
Pascalville:

Only you can solve this one o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2020
jboixxx:
GrandMufti, you sender your guy?

Which guy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:19am On Jan 09, 2020
jboixxx:
Saint2ace, you are not new to both brands and most likely the mentioned models. What ya say?!

Brotherly, I don answer am oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2020
eWyse:
Umidigi F2 vs Redmi Note 8 head to head

Help me pick guys smiley

Umidigi F2 is relatively new, so until we get first hand reviews i cannot say, but based on the success of the F1 and F1 Play, the processor is a beast and very fluid while gaming, battery life is also fantastic the only drawback on umidigi devices has always been the camera and OS support but the F1 series had good reviews, as for the RN8 i don't need to overflog the matter, great device in all ramifications and u're sure of constant support for the next 2-3yrs, you could be lucky u might even get Android 11, but be sure that u're stuck on android 10 (Out of the box) on the F2.

My 2 kobo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6659) (6660) (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) (6665) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.