Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,716 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251079 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6658) (6659) (6660) (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
Nellsworld:

Pls where can someone get realme x2 and hw much is it
is that one IP rated ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
Kvngwitty:
Saw this on telegram
what's your theme name
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
vower:
it's 235$ for the 6gb ram 128gb rom version including shipping,and it's same spec and more as redmi k20 for reference sha
before you go for realme x2,know that it doesn't have any of the mtn 4g bands,so that you wouldn't come back to ask how you will insert your mtn sim so as to get mtn 4g service grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Tiger2020:
before you go for realme x2,know that it doesn't have any of the mtn 4g bands,so that you wouldn't come back to ask how you will insert your mtn sim so as to get mtn 4g service grin grin
See caveat!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
Tiger2020:

You know he's a funny man. At least he wouldn't say the phone was suggested to him cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
Tiger2020:
The global version has 7, 20 and 28, but its 8gig and 128gig rom, i don't know about ip rating
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LaCremy: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
My Xiaomi redmi note 4 is getting so hot and showing error each time I try to connect to my laptop through hotspot.

Any help please??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

the almighty overrated Gcam... cant spot any diffrence sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
EBUBS:

no talk that thing again... Abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
jboixxx:
Let him. This evening go be sweet. If the unmumu one can be comparing his gf to a phone.... See how mumuish he be. Ode ayerada
my oga is ready tonight oo

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
jboixxx:
[s] Baba, thanks jare. My initial post was nothing close to being abusive but he went ahead to call his ....mumu. Bros, who does that?! He apologised and I decided to let it slide but came back to spew nonsense.... If he wants to be ... this evening, God go help am.[/s]

Make I leave trash for lawma as you talk am. Case closed from here. Thanks
Thumbs up boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
liljboy:
no talk that thing again... Abeg

lol... no vex grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
beeniemccoy:
Quick Q

Redmi 8 vs Infinix 55 lite vs Infinix note 5 stylus

which one is the best option?
you guys should stop insulting redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

You know he's a funny man. At least he wouldn't say the phone was suggested to him cheesy
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Nellsworld:

The global version has 7, 20 and 28, but its 8gig and 128gig rom, i don't know about ip rating

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
EBUBS:

when you don't know your way around something ,seek and you will find

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
LaCremy:
My Xiaomi redmi note 4 is getting so hot and showing error each time I try to connect to my laptop through hotspot.

Any help please??
Na this kain Post GrandMufti no like to de see but make I call Gptech for your matter.

Hotness could be due to surrounding temp., Activities, a resource gulping app or netw ish. Screenshot the error message.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LaCremy: 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
jboixxx:
Na this kain Post GrandMufti no like to de see but make I call Gptech for your matter.

Hotness could be due to surrounding temp., Activities, a resource gulping app or netw ish. Screenshot the error message.

The hotness started recently, can't remember installing a new app.

The hotspot just show error, nothing else
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunmohmoh(f): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
maclawrence02:

Change your apn to this. I was having the same issue until I changed to this, browsing is fast now.
Same issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
jboixxx:
Gimme your girlfriend's number and address...there's need for me to tell her something

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
xpresseeve:
I just rejoined the Xiaomi family this today with the acquisition of Redmi 8 (4/64).

Rejoined because this is my second Xiaomi phone. First was Redmi note 3.
I had my sights on the RN 8 Pro or at east the RN8 (4/128) but kept having auting thoughts of how I woukd fare with the ineffectual and very dubious Raya team if it develops a problem soon. '

The redmi 3 was a great experience and I am hoping that this will surpass that one.

Alas the phone developed screen problems exactly one year after and then died out within two days.

Having gone through that pain, I can now say with some objectivity that the phone died as a result of water that splashed on my pocket at a car wash.

Looking forward to an experience that will make me commit to the RN8 Pro in the nearest future.
You will make a great writer. I admire your scribbling skills

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
atheistandproud:
Redmi Note 7 users many of us are preparing to celebrate one year anniversary. How has the experience been so far?

Mine has been smooth. Not a single issue. I forsee using this phone for the foreseeable future so I can join the league of legends like GP. tech, Grand. mufti and Genius. 43

grin
Wish I can say same for mine.... But with RN8 64gb ROM, I will be able to say that with more confidence (dedicated mmc slot and larger phone memory). Besides that, I fall in love with my piece afresh as the day goes by. Returning it into its armoured capsule is usually a psychological tug of war, as its black beauty is ever subductively irresistiibly hot

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Wish I can say same for mine.... But with RN8 64gb ROM, I will be able to say that with more confidence (dedicated mmc slot and larger phone memory). Besides that, I fall in love with my piece afresh as the day goes by. Returning it into its armoured capsule is usually a psychological tug of war, as its black beauty is ever subductively irrespectibly hot
GrandMufti, you sender your guy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilshevy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
EBUBS:
lol.Dont get it twisted biko.Maybe i was just unlucky with my note 7. there shouldnt be any problem even walking under rain with your phone. you just have to be cautious. xiaomi is a nice product but there is still a posibility of being unlucky. As for ordering. its your choice to get it from aliexpress or resellers here. both are safe.
I REALLY APPRECIATE, ONE MORE QUESTION PLS. LIKE HOW MUCH CAN I BE CHARGED AT NIPOST WHENEVER I WANT TO COLLECT THE PHONE?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
jboixxx:
After apologising, you are now back to proof something! Na so you na be. Dey there de form.... We know ya kind ....
Egbon, Haba, you no need this now.. The moniker no mean am as you see am. He was just catching fun.
And to think of... New year new us, na you con dey launch ground.
Oya no vex, e no mean am that way
Drjprince my man, you sef no vex
Oga BarryWest, no vex. But we still no mind address sha.. Iroyin o t'afoju ba
Let us all not jump into the wrong "conclusions'

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Same issue
Customer is your best bet. If you can be patient with them.
Live chat or email (3gsupport@gloworld.com) will yeild better outcome. You put the number with the issue (it must have an active planl, your location (very detailed, up to street level), and then closest landmark (church, mosque, eatry, hotel, bus stop, etc), the device you use, and then signal you see. They will take it up from there. You should see drastic improvement withing 5days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
vower:
bro I need help o,here goes my Lamentation.
So the phone(redmi k20),the first day I opened the sealed box after putting sim card the whole screen just turned white and nothing worked until I rebooted the phone,after which sim cards weren't showing anymore. After removing and putting back the sim card for up to 15times b4 it worked. I've been using the phone since no complaint since that day,I just thought it was software issue so all my mind was that I was going to flash new rom or custom rom as soon as I'm able to unlock bootloader. Now fast forward to today,I was bathing and playing music with my phone and little water splashed on the phone(which for other xiaomi phones I've been using is a normal thing),after cleaning it,few minutes later I noticed different deep colors on the phone display,apps had deeper and different colours,can't explain it well.i change colour scheme from cool which I normally use to standard and d colours went back to normal. I didn't use my phone much today because I was busy throughout,so at around 4pm when I had chance to press my phone I noticed one row on the upper part of the screen is not responding to touch at all and that has been the case till now,I've just been confused,as if that was not enough someone hit my hand and the phone fell down on a rug and it turned white again,and started rebooting itself over and over again for close to 1hr or even more than till it finally stopped. Now I'm using the phone with the first touch screen problem and I don't know what to do. I've confirmed the order already on AliExpress. Please I need advice,can I still return it,if yes how do I even go about that and given its DHL that I shipped it with

This is very painful

So sorry bro

Everything is to be taken with a pinch of salt

Xiaomi is an upcoming brand, if you are to be dropping a large amount on a model. Be very sure of the model you are going for.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
I want to swap my one month xiaomi mi a3 4gb/128gb to xiaomi note 8 4gb/64gb..

No single scratch or any issue.

Reason i need a bigger screen for gaming..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hehehe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eWyse: 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
eWyse:
Umidigi F2 vs Redmi Note 8 head to head

Help me pick guys smiley

No response since? angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samsimple(m): 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
KngGezy:

This is very painful

So sorry bro

Everything is to be taken with a pinch of salt

Xiaomi is an upcoming brand, if you are to be dropping a large amount on a model. Be very sure of the model you are going for.
upcoming

(1) (2) (3) ... (6658) (6659) (6660) (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jboynokiaphone(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.