Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,500 members, 7,826,875 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9274243 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) (6665) (6666) (6667) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2020
shedy03:

And it's surprisingly cheaper than rn8.
surprisingly ?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olanivalue(m): 10:56am On Jan 09, 2020
I still believe OPPO has the best UI. Well people with their different view sha. smiley
vower:
Yea Dem be upcoming,but them dey try compete with xiaomi,this realme x2 now gives same things and more as k20 and even more but just that I don't like their rom/ui
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheylarhh(m): 11:04am On Jan 09, 2020
Tiger2020:
surprisingly ?
RN7 pro is more expensive than RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2020
Olanivalue:
I still believe OPPO has the best UI. Well people with their different view sha. smiley
please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 11:26am On Jan 09, 2020
genius43:

It doesn't. Realme are employing xiaomi's tactics no IP rating on their devices
Then I can trust their device a bit, because d oppo a9 2020 I used fell into water and I picked it without proper drying and nothing was affected
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 11:28am On Jan 09, 2020
genius43:

after the seller gave me that response I rejected it and added the video evidence,will he see it? Was I supposed to accept then open dispute again with the video evidence?

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2020
Olanivalue:
no dark mode,turned me off, everything was too bright and white,the icons in the notification/status bar were too big and no second space

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olanivalue(m): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2020
True for their early last year's product. Viewing a review on most of their late last year phones. The UI is quite applaudable.
vower:
no dark mode,turned me off, everything was too bright and white,the icons in the notification/status bar were too big and no second space
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2020
Olanivalue:
True for their early last year's product. Viewing a review on most of their late last year phones. The UI is quite applaudable.
which one does the oppo a9 2020 belongs to,late or early because that's the oppo phone I used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eWyse: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Umidigi F2 is relatively new, so until we get first hand reviews i cannot say, but based on the success of the F1 and F1 Play, the processor is a beast and very fluid while gaming, battery life is also fantastic the only drawback on umidigi devices has always been the camera and OS support but the F1 series had good reviews, as for the RN8 i don't need to overflog the matter, great device in all ramifications and u're sure of constant support for the next 2-3yrs, you could be lucky u might even get Android 11, but be sure that u're stuck on android 10 (Out of the box) on the F2.

My 2 kobo

Graçias.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2020
Anybody knows the video he's talking about . Grandmufti jboixx gptech genius43. I hope I spelt these names correctly grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2020
Olanivalue:
one among 100
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Am thinking of changing my phone around August.
Am currently using a redmi note 6 pro.

Am thorn between buying redmi note 8 pro and keeping the remaining cash.

Or
Buying a k20 or k20 pro with the faster processor nd AMOLED screen..

Budget is 100k.

(August or September)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheylarhh(m): 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mrviktor:

Or

Budget is 100k.
New and better product would be available then

(August or September)
New and better product would be available then

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mrviktor:

Or

Budget is 100k.

(August or September)

8 or 9 months from now? undecided y not wait till then instead of seeking advice now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
genius43:

even oneplus 7 pro isn't IP rated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

8 or 9 months from now? undecided y not wait till then instead of seeking advice now?

That is eh! Some kinds questions dey scream 'meow meow' grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

planning for the future grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alexzy22: 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
jboixxx:
Thanks, boss. My oga Gee43 paid me a visit yesternight, so, he was able to fix it for me.

Blessed day, bosses
How did you fix it.. I think this pmgc v7 can't use configs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
alexzy22:

How did you fix it.. I think this pmgc v7 can't use configs

You have to be specific. Parrots V7.0.0.9 supports but his 7.2 doesn't
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
vower:
Anybody knows the video he's talking about . Grand.mufti jboixx gpt.ech geniu.s43. I hope I spelt these names correctly grin
Mine is jboixxx.

As per the video, just get another phone and recorded the screen issue you're experiencing; not forgetting the IMEI number and the screen test he requested for. Just follow his instructions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Tiger2020:
planning for the future grin grin
I don't know what to do on your case and that of GrandMufti o. Eleojo23 don pass the barton to you....na meme remain for you to de add. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mrviktor:

Or

Budget is 100k.

(August or September)
sir we are still in January.. Its possible Redmi 9 and 10 are already out by then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Pls i have been reading some user reviews that xiaomi phones last for one yr and after that it begins to have issues.
Is it true before i enter one chance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Juicey10:
Pls i have been reading some user reviews that xiaomi phones last for one yr and after that it begins to have issues.

Na only you know that one o

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by homosapien(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Juicey10:

I have been using note 5a prime for 2 years plus, and it's still running fine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
Juicey10:

I have used 2 Xiaomi phones (Redmi 4 prime and RN5AI). The first is already 3 years old while the second is almost 2 years. Both are still working perfectly without any problem. You can ask veterans on this thread about their experiences and they will tell you how durable the brand is. If you use your phone well you won't have any problem.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Juicey10:

You know it's a good thing that you like reading. So go back and start reading from January 9th 2019 and take note of how many persons here have changed phones.

Make e no be like say dem cajole you into buying Xiaomi phone.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
GrandMufti:

You know it's a good thing that you like reading. So go back and start reading from January 9th 2019 and take note of how many persons here have changed phones.

Make e no be like say dem cajole you into buying Xiaomi phone.
Ah! Today?! You're fasting, abi?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
jboixxx:
Ah! Today?! You're fasting, abi?

tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by cardiorap: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good afternoon!

Update:
I asked for a recall as advised here. Today, I got a message that I should come pick the phone. That it has arrived from Lagos.

I am there now. But funny enough, a phone I was told to buy screen for 22K is now displaying against the blank display it had when I dropped it at the care center.

I just put it on and shockingly, the touch isn't working. What kind of problem is this?

cardiorap:
Happy new year people!

My Xiaomi experience hasn't really been friendly. I joined the MI family in high spirits and hopes, following testimonies from users but I'm already feeling bad.

I bought the MI A3 4GB/64GB variant on 2nd December, 2019. 18 days later (20th December, 2019), I woke up to see my device not displaying any longer. No crack, no scratch, no fall; nothing. My 5am alarm that wakes me up only vibrated, I tried restarting the phone, it started booting with "Android One" displaying and next was a blank screen. It never displayed again.

I took it to their care center same day. I have just been called from the Lagos Office of the Care Center this morning, that I'd need a change of screen. That I should pay 22K for that.

I feel very bad that:
1. I didn't mishandle the device. In fact, I pampered it like it was a newborn baby. Yet, it still developed such fault.

2. The warranty terms doesn't cover such, especially that it's not coming from my end.

3. That after keeping my device for 2 weeks and 3 days, I've just been called to be informed of the development. When I was expecting to get my device any moment from now.

Sincerely, I feel so bitter right now. I never anticipated or expected this kind of experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
jboixxx:
Mine is jboixxx.

As per the video, just get another phone and recorded the screen issue you're experiencing; not forgetting the IMEI number and the screen test he requested for. Just follow his instructions.
yea,did that already. Waiting for his reply. How do you think this will end?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) (6665) (6666) (6667) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.