Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9168818 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6693) (6694) (6695) (6696) (6697) (6698) (6699) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

This is something everyone who has contrary opinion has complained about. The only difference is that once they come under heavy insults from members here. They recoil into their shells. But I have be persistent with the truth. And without resorting to insults I have passed my opinions.

Cc Dragnet

Anything wrong in accepting that you're wrong and apologizing? Even if your intentions were pure, the fact that the guy saw it as an offence shows your intentions MIGHT not be 100% pure so why not just accept that you're wrong and apologizing instead of trying to justify what's not...

Let me clear the air...

I've no personal vendetta against anyone here. I understand the fact that you point out Xiaomi flaws but what I don't get is how you overlook when they're doing something right... You're always ready to jump on when users are having issues with their devices even to the point of exaggerating "truths" (..the 10hours SOT on heavy usage is a typical example.) People here have provided solutions to a lot of problems (..which is the humane thing to do) while you just pounce and blow people's problems out of hatred for Xiaomi (..which perhaps is a result of the fact that you think, or know, that Xiaomi is becoming a threat too Samsung's "android dominance."wink Again, know your facts before you know how to distort them. It's not enough to try to be smart about things 'cos you don't know how smarter who you're dealing with is.

Also, know how to accept errors and learn --- in that order.

OK.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Phobos19:

Please, it's hard to understand when you don't type well. Punctuate properly and heed to the corrections earlier mentioned about sentences.

When I have to flow with multiple monikers quoting me at the same time with insults. I find time to be of essence. If this thread was more civil. I would have paid attention to my commas grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Anything wrong in accepting that you're wrong and apologizing? Even if your intentions were pure, the fact that the guy saw it as an offence shows your intentions MIGHT not be 100% pure so why not just accept that you're wrong and apologizing instead of trying to justify what's not...

Let me clear the air...

I've no personal vendetta against anyone here. I understand the fact that you point out Xiaomi flaws but what I don't get is how you overlook when they're doing something right... You're always ready to jump on when users are having issues with their devices even to the point of exaggerating "truths" (..the 10hours SOT on heavy usage is a typical example.) People here have provided solutions to a lot of problems (..which is the humane thing to do) while you just pounce and blow people's problems out of hatred for Xiaomi (..which perhaps is a result of the fact that you think, or know, that Xiaomi is becoming a threat too Samsung's "android dominance."wink Again, know your facts before you know how to distort them. It's not enough to try to be smart about things 'cos you don't know how smarter who you're dealing with is.

Also, know how to accept errors and learn --- in that order.

OK.

No this is unexpected and very nice. I thank you for seeing the truth as it is. I tried to correct him. And he started off with setting up everyone against me. He started the fire and started calling everyone that theres a fire.

Now i take notice of the good things in their devices. So much that i respect and give credit to their devices. That being said, the issue of the SOT. I have won so many arguments on this thread. Like the Gcam, software hitch which was later resolved, screen quality amongst others ( this is arguable but overlook it) .

I will openly accept my mistakes next time. But in this case I did not make a mistake. I purposefully modified my own quote to correct the moniker. And in doing so, I didn't break any Nairaland Rule
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phobos19: 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

But you have never spoken against the other wrong. A wrong which is being perpetuated as we comment. But you found your voice on my own correction. Isn't it strange, I was correcting him on how he should speak. Are you sure you deal with patients,Sir?
You have no higher moral ground whatsoever to correct him on how to speak.

Pic 1: His original post does not contain any offensive word to my best of understanding and it is well known that you only make quote comments of phone having problems and not when a kudos is given

Pic 2: before you later edited this, you said '....by this comment of yours' which in honesty, is not his comment. Can you see where you are wrong now?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phobos19: 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

When I have to flow with multiple monikers quoting me at the same time with insults. I find time to be of essence. If this thread was more civil. I would have paid attention to my commas grin

So, you writing good English depends on people's civility?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
All of YOU QUOTING that Ediot are making this thread uninteresting, STOP QUOTING or REPLYING that Ediot..... SANITY Pleeeeease!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
TrebleChamp:
All of YOU QUOTING that Ediot are making this thread uninteresting, STOP QUOTING or REPLYING that Ediot..... SANITY Pleeeeease!!!!

I have ignored him jare. He's not worthy of my neurons burning any atom of acetylcholine. I am just seeing how the drama plays out.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phobos19: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
TrebleChamp:

Let's try few more attempts, so that it won't be like we didn't do our best. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Phobos19:

You have no higher moral ground whatsoever to correct him on how to speak.

Pic 1: His original post does not contain any offensive word to my best of understanding and it is well known that you only make quote comments of phone having problems and not when a kudos is given

Pic 2: before you later edited this, you said '....by this comment of yours' which in honesty, is not his comment. Can you see where you are wrong, now?

This post is not offensive and inciting

maclawrence02:

KngGezy will never in his lifetime see and quote this.

And to pic 2 I put modified and explained my reasoning for modifying it. And it doesn't go against any Nairaland rule to modify your own quote.

I might not have the moral ground to correct him. Since I dont make use of insults. And I always address everyone with respect . But I have the exclusive right to correct , reprimand or report him to the Mods or Supermods Cc Dragnet

I will ask again Sir, Are you sure you deal with patients?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Roychims1:
My first purchase from Noobody, he's genuine and trusted. My phone landed and it's just a beauty
finally madam fibo,someone has gotten the much awaited realme phone ,he can now give us review of the latest OS after he must have updated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
genius43:

I modified my post myself didn't.

Now you quoted a post. You didn't strike off the previous and rewrite you change the content of the post to use as a proof by passing it as someone's words using his moniker then when you were caught you went back to change it and you say it is not fraud.

Let the Mods/supermods decide that.
Cc: Dragnet
All this nonsense have to be brought to an end
KngGezy has gone back and deleted the part where he responded as if I was the one who commented what he edited.
Here is his response to my comment that he edited, take note of the last three words.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Phobos19:

So, you writing good English depends on people's civility?

My Diction is close to perfect. If I make mistakes with my indentations . Then that's because I'm under pressure to reply my mentions. And since you deal with patients. You should know that when someone is under stress. The person doesn't follow protocol.

I'm asking for the umpteenth time Sir, Are you sure you deal with patients?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
maclawrence02:

KngGezy has gone back and deleted the part where he responded as if I was the one who commented what he edited.
Here is his response to my comment that he edited, take note of the last three words.

Delete?

Another show of ignorance on your part. Please is there any delete button amongst the buttons available on a post. If there is , please show me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
maclawrence02:

Just when you thought he had sank to the bottom of the Ocean of shamelessness, he's found a way to dig deeper into the murky depths. What a fascinating creature this guy is. One simply has to marvel at the tomfoolery.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
TrebleChamp:

Cc phobon

I hope that you can see this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Phobos19:

Let's try few more attempts, so that it won't be like we didn't do our best. grin
That dude is having fun DERAILING this thread and some peeps here are IGNORANTLY helping him. No amount of INSULT will hurt him as seen so far, best he is totally ignored like his isn't even on this thread. Even if he QUOTE ANYBODY like he would DEFINITELY do, IGNORE HIM!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
atheistandproud:

Just when you thought he had sank to the bottom of the Ocean of shamelessness, he's found a way to dig deeper into the murky depths. What a fascinating creature this guy is. One simply has to marvel at the tomfoolery.

Cc Dragnet

Sir what is more devastating than seeing claiming to oppose a bad thing. And committing a worse crime. I was not wrong to have modified my own quote. But you are totally wrong to have insulted me. And I can prove it to you.

Under rule 2

And I can report and get you banned. Or correct you which I chose to do most times.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kids too plenty here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phobos19: 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

And to pic 2 I put modified and explained my reasoning for modifying it. And it doesn't go against any Nairaland rule to modify your own quote.

I might not have the moral ground to correct him. Since I dont make use of insults. And I always address everyone with respect . But I have the exclusive right to correct , reprimand or report him to the Mods or Supermods Cc Dragnet

I stand by the fact that the post is no way offensive. It may be considered incitive and you've also made comments considered incitive too. You don't go around correcting all posts that are insultive or incitive to you.

Saw somewhere you're lawyer or a one in training. One may have to defend a true murderer in court to either lessen his sentence or even get him off entirely, that's one's job. Despite that, it shouldn't reflect in one's day-to-day interactions with the populace. This makes me remember the movie 'Liar Liar'

All I see here, is you trying to heat up the polity around here, rustle few feathers, make sure you win the arguments no matter what. Then, repeat.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlabisi93: 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
Una no go sleep shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

Show in picture 2 where you put modified.
You only went back and added the modified part after a caught you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
TrebleChamp:
No amount of INSULT will hurt him as seen so far

Cc Dragnet

I think theres high morality in making use of cyberbullying and insults.

And I hope you read from the beginning that this dude unnecessarily insulted me. And I corrected him, and its obvious you didn't start from the beginning. You just jumped on the bandwagon. And now you are making another uninformed statement. grin

maclawrence02:

KngGezy will never in his lifetime see and quote this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

I have much respect for everyone on this forum. Not because I cant act with so much disrespect. I know there are kids on this thread. I wouldn't mention monikers. But with the pushing and shoving I remained mute and unchanged.

Now to this evening he mentioned me out of the blues. I replied him with a correction. And now he has gathered to attack me saying I fraudulently modified his comment. grin what lack of knowledge can do to the human soul?

HE SHOULD CHECK ALL THE 22 RULES OF NAIRALAND. AND TELL ME WERE ITS AN ACT OF FRAUD TO MODIFY ONES QUOTE. IN FACT ALOT OF TIMES MONIKERS HERE DELETE THE UNIMPORTANT WORDS AND QUOTE THE IMPORTANT. AND THEY ARE NOT CALLED OUT FOR IT. BUT WHEN I DO IT TO CORRECT, IT BECOMES A FRAUD.

If this was his ploy then it was a cheap one. And as a very intelligent person I find this mere act very amusing smiley
Why don't you just do us all a favor and F@CK OFF this thread,you are an ill wind..

Your cloying and fake humility is positively annoying..

Seriously..

Bro,get a life and stop making a Mockery of yourself..

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

No this is unexpected and very nice. I thank you for seeing the truth as it is. I tried to correct him. And he started off with setting up everyone against me. He started the fire and started calling everyone that theres a fire.

Now i take notice of the good things in their devices. So much that i respect and give credit to their devices. That being said, the issue of the SOT. I have won so many arguments on this thread. Like the Gcam, software hitch which was later resolved, screen quality amongst others ( this is arguable but overlook it) .

I will openly accept my mistakes next time. But in this case I did not make a mistake. I purposefully modified my own quote to correct the moniker. And in doing so, I didn't break any Nairaland Rule

Did you accept that you were wrong here? Or when you said 12hrs SOT on heavy usage for a 4000mAh phone? Or when you said "all" means "most" while damning how misleading you were contextually? And please, before you said you say you credited Xiaomi by saying the Redmi note 8 is good, please know you highlighted the specifications with which you thought A20s had it better than the Note 8 in order to drive home the A20s superiority idea. It's as clear as day... Don't try to twist things with me please. I've too many lawyers as friends and family that I know 5% of the tricks in the book! ��

Okay! Be good, bro!

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Phobos19:

I stand by the fact that the post is no way offensive. It may be considered incitive and you've also made comments considered incitive too. You don't go around correcting all posts that are insultive or incitive to you.

Saw somewhere you're lawyer or a one in training. One may have to defend a true murderer in court to either lessen his sentence or even get him off entirely, that's one's job. Despite that, it shouldn't reflect in one's day-to-day interactions with the populace. This makes me remember the movie 'Liar Liar'

All I see here, is you trying to heat up the polity around here, rustle few feathers, make sure you win the arguments no matter what. Then, repeat.

You just confirmed what I said that its incitive. And I could have replied in a worse manner or reported him. But I chose to correct him and his statement. So please up till now without making use of insults. Do tell me were I have gone wrong
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

Cc Dragnet

Sir what is more devastating than seeing claiming to oppose a bad thing. And committing a worse crime. I was not wrong to have modified my own quote. But you are totally wrong to have insulted me. And I can prove it to you.

Under rule 2

And I can report and get you banned. Or correct you which I chose to do most times.

1. I didn't mention you. I could be talking to thin air.
2. Where's the insult there? Get me an electron microscope let's look for it together.

Two can play at this game. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Why don't you just do us all a favor and F@CK OFF this thread,you are an ill wind..

Your cloying and fake humility is positively annoying..

Seriously..

Bro,get a life and stop making a Mockery of yourself..

Can I ask you a question and you reply in all honesty. If I put aside my humility and start making use of insults. Will that make my statements to be accepted more? Because it seems like only insults are accepted on this thread.

Cc Dragnet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

Delete?

Another show of ignorance on your part. Please is there any delete button amongst the buttons available on a post. If there is , please show me.
By delete I mean that your comment has suddenly disappeared into the thin air.
Where is the comment?
Why did you modify it so no one can find it?
What are you trying to hide?
You can't fool me you're only fooling yourself by deleting your comment so you can be claiming Saint. Breeze don blow foul nyansh don open.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
awoo47:
12hrs?
post ur battery usuage stats and also digital well-being chart
let's see it undecided
I streamed Real Madrid v. Atletico Madrid match, Regular surfing, YouTube, and basic stuffs.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phobos19: 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

You just confirmed what I said that its incitive. And I could have replied in a worse manner or reported him. But I chose to correct him and his statement. So please up till now without making use of insults. Do tell me were I have gone wrong
I've showed you where you were wrong. You just won't accept it because you've probably made up your mind that no matter what, you won't be wrong tonight. Maybe we should all wait till 00:01hrs

But let me show you again:

'.......by this comment of yours'.
This was before you had to go back to edit it again. You weren't correcting him, you were passing it across as his comment.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Did you accept that you were wrong here? Or when you said 12hrs SOT on heavy usage for a 4000mAh phone? Or when you said "all" means "most" while damning how misleading you were contextually? And please, before you said you credited Xiaomi by saying the Redmi note 8 is good, please know you highlighted the specifications with which you thought A20s had it better than the Note 8 in order to drive home the A20s superiority idea. It's as clear as day... Don't try to twist things with me please. I've too many lawyers as friends and family that I know 5% of the tricks in the book! ��

Okay! Be good, bro!

For the sake of peace,
The Mi9T SOT at that time was not normal. And from the comments , I can say that I was right.

But I will put this issue to rest.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
maclawrence02:

By delete I mean that your comment has suddenly disappeared into the thin air.
Where is the comment?
Why did you modify it so no one can find it?
What are you trying to hide?
You can't fool me you're only fooling yourself by deleting your comment so you can be claiming Saint. Breeze don blow foul nyansh don open.

Understand yourself first,
Is there a delete button on Nairaland,Yes or No?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6693) (6694) (6695) (6696) (6697) (6698) (6699) ... (9315) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.