Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9180728 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6797) (6798) (6799) (6800) (6801) (6802) (6803) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Brooke60(f): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:
repairpalng
Thanks. He has been contacted. He does not have the screen in stock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Brooke60:
Thanks. He has been contacted. He does not have the screen in stock
Noobody, macbeyland,gidiberry

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
I still can't solve the fact that I don't I don't get notified if I have WhatsApp messages on my phone unless I rolled down my notification board .... Any solution ??

RN8 users ?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
horlamedy:
pls guyz is Redmi 8 advisable to use coming from note5...intern of custom rom, battery backup and performance
its as simple as NO,except for battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
horlamedy:
pls guyz is Redmi 8 advisable to use coming from note5...intern of custom rom, battery backup and performance

In terms of everything except battery, the Note 5 is far better than Redmi 8.

I see you made reference to custom ROMs, the Note 5 has more intense development with respect to custom ROM even more than Redmi Note 7. Redmi 8 have little to no development right now. Even Redmi 7 has more than it.

In performance, Note 5 is miles ahead of Redmi 8.

In battery, the difference is not too much. Although, the 12nm manufacturing process in Redmi 8 tends to make it look better in the battery department. But it's negligible.

Caveat: To the Redmi 8 fan boys, I know you guys like to take offence when the fact is said about your device, but this is my own opinion and to all extent, true. I said it to convince this guy not to fall for the gimmicks. Prove your own point to him please and not to me as mine won't change.

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlamedy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I see you made reference to custom ROMs, the Note 5 has more intense development with respect to custom ROM even more than Redmi Note 7. Redmi 8 have little to no development right now. Even Redmi 7 has more than it.

In battery, the difference is not too much. Although, the 12nm manufacturing process in Redmi 8 tends to make it look better in the battery department. But it's negligible.

Caveat: To the Redmi 8 fan boys, I know you guys like to take offence when the fact is said about your device, but this is my own opinion and to all extent, true. I said it to convince this guy not to fall for the gimmicks. Prove your own point to him please and not to me as mine won't change.
thanks...I better stick with my note5

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
horlamedy:

thanks...I better stick with my note5

Better o. It's a complete downgrade self. If to say na Redmi Note 7 or 8, ehn ehn. But Redmi 8? Nah.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Toyorsih:
I still can't solve the fact that I don't I don't get notified if I have WhatsApp messages on my phone unless I rolled down my notification board .... Any solution ??

RN8 users ?
Tap and hold on WhatsApp, go to app info. Tal notification and tick all

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

80% of what u wrote is just crap... But lemme respect Yr crap....

Imagine battery difference is not much... Ahn Ahn.. Fear God na...Redmi 8a has the best battery optimisation seconded by Redmi 8

Little or No customs rom... Must you write crap you don't know.. Go on telegram and see what people are doing on Redmi 8....

Performance wise they are not hugely different joor.. People are are more delusional by high numbers than actual performance

@horlamedy..my advice if you are looking for better review go do your research yourself... People here are sometimes confused with too much crap they think is right..

Thank Goodness I have Redmi note 7 and 8 and Redmi 8 right here with me.. Talk you crap

Nobody will ever mention the temperature is always normal regardless of the games you throw at it

Well it's your crap anyway...

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Daniria007: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Thank you guys for allaying my fears. I was beginning to be worried.

Your next update is for Android 10, wait for it. It will increase the security update time[/quote]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suregalluv(f): 4:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
leppyj:

Ur phone model? Let me send the screenshot of mine
This is mine...redmi note 8

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:

Imagine battery difference is not much... Ahn Ahn.. Fear God na...Redmi 8a has the best battery optimisation seconded by Redmi 8

Little or No customs rom... Must you write crap you don't know.. Go on telegram and see what people are doing on Redmi 8....

Performance wise they are not hugely different joor.. People are are more delusional by high numbers than actual performance

@horlamedy..my advice if you are looking for better review go do your research yourself... People here are sometimes confused with too much crap they think is right..

Thank Goodness I have Redmi note 7 and 8 and Redmi 8 right here with me.. Talk you crap

Nobody will ever mention the temperature is always normal regardless of the games you throw at it

That's why I placed a caveat there but I guess you are not sensible enough to know what a caveat. And if you are sensible enough and have respect for the fact that this a faceless forum, you won't display your ill-manners here. Respond to opinions with respect especially when such opinion is not an insult to your person. But alas, it's not difficult to notice someone with a personified issue. And I didn't even quote you o. I simply responded with respect to the person that asked a question. But as usual, I knew before hand that you'll respond that way and to avoid it, I placed a caveat. You fell for it.

So, because of this, my response to you is a capital letter K.

@horlamedy, do you now see why I placed a caveat in my previous post? It's because of people like this. Please don't be coerced to downgrade as it's not worth it. This is my one cent and the last on this.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:

ma the temperature the mad me
E no dry hot at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
These are my three categories of phones
1. Good hardware, bad software Phones
2. Bad hardware, Good software Phones
3. Bad hardware, bad software Phones

Recently used the number 3 type and now, I understand when some people give testimonies of their deliverances in this thread. It's well...

Modified: Let's add another category.
Good hardware, Good Software Phone
kiss

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
Anyone that shopped on Aliexpress of recent (Feb 1-3), i wan ask one question
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
kekilika:

Recently used the number 3 type and now, I understand when some people give testimonies of their deliverances in this thread. It's well...
kiss

Breaking...

This is transmission, transition, transmission transaction.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

That's why I placed a caveat there but I guess you are not sensible enough to know what a caveat. And if you are sensible enough and have respect for the fact that this a faceless forum, you won't display your ill-manners here. Respond to opinions with respect especially when such opinion is not an insult to your person. But alas, it's not difficult to notice someone with a personified issue. And I didn't even quote you o. I simply responded with respect to the person that asked a question. But as usual, I knew before hand that you'll respond that way and to avoid it, I placed a caveat. You fell for it.

@horlamedy, do you now see why I placed a caveat in my previous post? It's because of people like this. Please don't be coerced to downgrade as it's not worth it. This is my one cent and the last on this.
bro you just display the real you.... Remember am not the only one reading this.. U just display the best version of urself...

Also make proper findings before spitting crap.... You are the type that Makes KngGezy feels right

Am sure the world is taking note of ur name and will always remember ur immaturity lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
kekilika:

kiss

lol...Number 3. Infinix showed me pepper....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Caveat:To the Redmi 8 fan boys, I know you guys like to take offence when the fact is said about your device, but this is my own opinion and to all extent, true. I said it to convince this guy not to fall for the gimmicks. Prove your own point to him please and not to me as mine won't change.
no mind them

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:
bro you just display the real you.... Remember am not the only one reading this.. U just display the best version of urself...

Also make proper findings before spitting crap.... You are the type that Makes Kng.Gezy feels right

Am sure the world is taking note of ur name and will always remember ur immaturity lol

Lmao. You just referred to yourself with this you know.

Point to one place where I quoted you. I laid bare my opinion, but as usual, you ignored the caveat and jumped on it, calling it a crap. I careless about what your fellow troll in kng.gezy feels because you are not better off than him. As far as I'm concerned, you were the one that took it too far by calling everything I typed a crap even when I didn't quote you. I repeat, if you are sensible enough, you'll see the caveat and even if you wanted to respond, it'll be with respect and not with outright attack. Read my response to the guy and read your response to me and see for yourself (even when my response is to the guy and not to you). Look at who is talking about maturity.

You are making yourself look like a saint and trying to blackmail me into thinking I'm the one that is always with the insult. And you brought yourself so low by mentioning kng.gezy into this, what do you want him to do for you? Guy check yourself.

Next time, do not attack an innocent opinion, recognise where a caveat is placed and stop trying to cry foul when you are attacked for what you are trying to accuse others of.

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

soon they will say the camera is even the same or better

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Tiger2020:
soon they will say the camera is even the same or better

You dey mind them. They see everything as an attack. I know say the guy go insult me and he didn't disappoint. Na like that he fumble for telegram group sotey Rose mute am.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

You dey mind them. They see everything as an attack. I know say the guy go insult me and he didn't disappoint. Na like that he fumble for telegram group sotey Rose mute am.
he is always defensive anytime his precious model is mentioned,what if he uses mi8 what will he now say

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:
genius43 whats going on with you? ....are u going thru a shitty period because I know u as someone always on point but for the past week you comments have been inconsistent and incorrect...

Abi is someone else using ur phone

Work stress, I haven't even touched my phone for four hours. To be honest I only saw Mi A3 and 75K didn't read everything.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Toyorsih:

RN8 users ?
Check your settings not sure exactly where it is again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:

For Someone coming from a Note 5..

The Redmi 8 is a downgrade..

Simple..

Forget long story.. angry

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Boss let it slide.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:

Also make proper findings before spitting crap.... You are the type that Makes KngGezy feels right

Oga pls let peace reign supreme. We are one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lmao. You just referred to yourself with this you know.

Point to one place where I quoted you. I laid bare my opinion, but as usual, you ignored the caveat and jumped on it, calling it a crap. I careless about what your fellow troll in kng.gezy feels because you are not better off than him. As far as I'm concerned, you were the one that took it too far by calling everything I typed a crap even when I didn't quote you. I repeat, if you are sensible enough, you'll see the caveat and even if you wanted to respond, it'll be with respect and not with outright attack. Read my response to the guy and read your response to me and see for yourself (even when my response is to the guy and not to you). Look at who is talking about maturity.

You are making yourself look like a saint and trying to blackmail me into thinking I'm the one that is always with the insult. And you brought yourself so low by mentioning kng.gezy into this, what do you want him to do for you? Guy check yourself.

Next time, do not attack an innocent opinion, recognise where a caveat is placed and stop trying to cry foul when you are attacked for what you are trying to accuse others of.

Bro u are right.. Please urself ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
Tiger2020:
he is always defensive anytime his precious model is mentioned,what if he uses mi8 what will he now say
kids everywhere
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leppyj(m): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
suregalluv:

This is mine...redmi note 8
Open the screen recorder itself u will see the setting icon on the top right corner click it and u will see the sound source among the options shown click and change it to mic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 6:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
akashi01:

Tap and hold on WhatsApp, go to app info. Tal notification and tick all

Thank you .. fixed now !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6797) (6798) (6799) (6800) (6801) (6802) (6803) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m), GrifindorHouse(m), Henrybright(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.