Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9355835 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6799) (6800) (6801) (6802) (6803) (6804) (6805) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
DarkJeddi:
For Someone coming from a Note 5..

The Redmi 8 is a downgrade..

Simple..

Forget long story.. angry
Naxo, for someone like me, the 720p screen alone na turn off, I don try cope with am, I nr fit, yes I don try cope with the Redmi 8a, Samsung Galaxy A30s, and the Mi A3, not for my eyes, the screen blike wetin dem use eba rub grin. I go advise anybody wen 1 buy any of these to see before dem buy, because all of us get different perception, maybe full HD displays don spoil my eyes shocked.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
genius43:

Whatever.
Elder kor, some of us still dey our early 20s ooo shocked.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
I need good themes please. I can't find anyone I like from the theme store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
2kurupt:

The person who originally asked the question already uses RN5.

For a newbie coming from another brand's midrange device the redmi 8 is ok to test the waters but for someone already using a Redmi Note 5 it's a downgrade.
Naxo, these manufacturers wise, just change the body/ chassis of phones, or just change the design and some people go think say na upgrade sad. In some cases, the cost of production of the newer phone even dey less than the older one, but of course dem go sell am at an higher price. For example the Tecno Camon 11 na actual downgrade from the Camon X, yet many people 'upgrade' grin.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lol. And the guy wan roast me

You know what they say about the truth bro.... "bitter"...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erhabor11(m): 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendzyma:
Pls, i added some of my apps to app lock but the "finger spreading" feature to access them isnt Working ,is there anything i can do to make it work?
lock the home screen layout and see the magic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
Gptech:

Naxo, these manufacturers wise, just change the body/ chassis of phones, or just change the design and some people go think say na upgrade sad. In some cases, the cost of production of the newer phone even dey less than the older one, but of course dem go sell am at an higher price. For example the Tecno Camon 11 na actual downgrade from the Camon X, yet many people 'upgrade' grin.

The OEMs smart no be lie. We see these tricks on a daily and it still catches the final consumers every time.

Apple for instance thrives so much from these minor differences in its product segmentation. I won't be surprised if trying to confuse the consumers is the endgame by Xiaomi & Samsung for flooding the market with newer models every other week.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
horlamedy:
pls guyz is Redmi 8 advisable to use coming from note5...intern of custom rom, battery backup and performance

Bad choice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:
80% of what u wrote is just crap... But lemme respect Yr crap....

Imagine battery difference is not much... Ahn Ahn.. Fear God na...Redmi 8a has the best battery optimisation seconded by Redmi 8

Little or No customs rom... Must you write crap you don't know.. Go on telegram and see what people are doing on Redmi 8....

Performance wise they are not hugely different joor.. People are are more delusional by high numbers than actual performance

@horlamedy..my advice if you are looking for better review go do your research yourself... People here are sometimes confused with too much crap they think is right..

Thank Goodness I have Redmi note 7 and 8 and Redmi 8 right here with me.. Talk you crap

Nobody will ever mention the temperature is always normal regardless of the games you throw at it

Well it's your crap anyway...

Lol. Stop getting emotional ok. We know you love your Redmi 8. We all do. Redmi/Xiaomi is doing great. But comparing Redmi 8 to Note 5 is not it at all. That's Like one of the best and all round Xiaomi phone yet. Olayinka's analysis on the matter is the ONLY truth here. Don't mislead others ok

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
DarkJeddi:
For Someone coming from a Note 5..

The Redmi 8 is a downgrade..

Simple..

Forget long story.. angry

Very big downgrade sef. It's a very foolish decision
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
seaboyzen:

for me I choose redmi 8 over redmi note 5
redmi 8

5k battery
C port
even with 720p screen indoor and outdoor cool unlike note 5 fade under sunlight

redmi note 5

better design
screen fadeout under sunlight

You don't get it, do you? If someone wants to get a new phone, and chooses to go for the Redmi 8 over the Note 5, no one would have any serious problem with that decision. There are many variables to look at. Better battery backup, recent design, recent phone, etc. But for someone who is currently using a Note 5 and is planning on letting go of that to get Redmi 8, that's a very foolish decision. Hope you get it now?

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 11:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Gptech:

I've told people this a lot of times. The Camon X was a phone that made some attempt to start taking Tecno serious. All they needed to do was improve on that. But being a foolish company, they did the direct opposite.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
2kurupt:

The OEMs smart no be lie. We see these tricks on a daily and it still catches the final consumers every time.

Apple for instance thrives so much from these minor differences in its product segmentation. I won't be surprised if trying to confuse the consumers is the endgame by Xiaomi & Samsung for flooding the market with newer models every other week.

That's an area i think Apple did very well in the iPhone 11 series. They impressed me. It's kinda like the first time an iPhone can truly compete with its rival flagships

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

It worked after reboot. I thought the call recording feature would be present since it's Mi dialer. Thanks all the same.
Yea me too when i downloaded it, sadly no call recorder for now. Something about EU regulation ish, Xiaomi did promise to bring it back before the end of the year though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
willsonsemilore:

It worked but still same
Same as it is still crashing after reboot?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
pls guys I wanna buy new MI A3 how can I get it here 4gb/64gb variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
ityP:

Lol. Stop getting emotional ok. We know you love your Redmi 8. We all do. Redmi/Xiaomi is doing great. But comparing Redmi 8 to Note 5 is not it at all. That's Like one of the best and all round Xiaomi phone yet. Olayinka's analysis on the matter is the ONLY truth here. Don't mislead others ok
did u even read my previous post.. Dont just follow the queue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by siegfried99(m): 12:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Good evening guys, can anyone assist with call recording feature or app for redmi note 8.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:23am On Feb 04, 2020
NoGuidance:
Hey wassup yall

I'm newly registered on Nairaland and new on phone section

I wanted the best budget device between 50k and 75k
ur budget will get u redmi note 8 4/64gb, 4/128gb and mi a3 4/64gb official price..
Meanwhile, I have redmi note 8 4/128gb at a sweet rate @67,000 below the official rate of 70,000
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:25am On Feb 04, 2020
NoGuidance:

I was thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy A30s tho
don't be discouraged, like e said u might see it and love it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Kingpeter404:
pls guys I wanna buy new MI A3 how can I get it here 4gb/64gb variant

Slot, Pointek and Raya but way cheaper on Aliexpress or the thread store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 4:30am On Feb 04, 2020
Gptech:

And note 4 get am grin.

Gptech, you feeling fly now? Lol. Lemme burst your bubbles small. Note 8 has it after all.

PS:
Double tap to wake only works with default theme and the device has to be in locked state before it wakes or sleeps.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 4:36am On Feb 04, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Yea me too when i downloaded it, sadly no call recorder for now. Something about EU regulation ish, Xiaomi did promise to bring it back before the end of the year though.

I was only curious to see if the call recorder feature would be present. I know about the EU regulations. I have never used a call recorder before I rather cherish screen recorder to the latter, I'm used to dialer not recording. Rocking the Google dialer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 4:39am On Feb 04, 2020
willsonsemilore:

I swear was expecting the call recording feature, have tried different apps but none records clearly.

Default ain't bad though. Each time I see the hunger for call recording I smile andnremember airtel's ads about having trust issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 5:25am On Feb 04, 2020
micxwell:

You know what they say about the truth bro.... "bitter"...

Very true bro. The truth is bitter.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Still crashes Bro #RN8
Are you using RN8? It works for me. Oh! I'm on MIUI 10. Don't laugh me, biko.

If you have anyone using Redmi around you, just send their Mi Dialer to your phone and try it. Got this from Redmi S2.

Cc: willsonsemilore
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:09am On Feb 04, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

It worked after reboot. I thought the call recording feature would be present since it's Mi dialer. Thanks all the same.
No recording o. But it's lot better than Google Dialer for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6799) (6800) (6801) (6802) (6803) (6804) (6805) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.