Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9291824 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6869) (6870) (6871) (6872) (6873) (6874) (6875) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kallmerb:
if you are used to a Samsung phone you will realise Xiaomi is crap.. The typing on Xiaomi phones are so poor

Note: not talking about A series but the Galaxy series from 7 plus

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
mathefaro:
Wait, how many Xiaomi phones have you handled to make this claim? Please don't tell me Redmi 8 is part of your sample o..

People don't know how to compare phones. Phones are classified according to tiers.

Generally speaking, there are three main tiers.

1. Flagship (and Flagship killers)

2. Midrange

3. Budget or Entry

The experience on all these tiers are different.

If you use RN7 and then Mi 9T, then you'll know there's phone and there are phones.

It's dishonesty to compare one tier to another. Compare from within the same tier.

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Mothefaro. I agree with you .

People who MAY have not handled Mi 9T or Mi 8 sef are saying typing on Xiaomi is crap.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kallmerb:
if you are used to a Samsung phone you will realise Xiaomi is crap..

We know...thank you, bye!

41 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
saint2ace:

U guys should use some decorum on the words u throw out. God help us all.

For the records, no phone is crap in as much as it applies to the person buying it. I know we all have expectations per pricing of devices based on understanding but each to his own. If ur device suits you, works for you and fits into ur budget then pls go for it. It's that simple.

But my take and i think i speak for a lot of people, let's have some decorum in our utterances, we have kids reading some of the pages here. NO PHONE IS CRAP. Can we pls move on?
thank you. I agree with this, not everyone has the same phone needs or financial power so it makes sense that there are phones of varying quality.

What isn't quite nice though, is manufacturers churning out overpriced phones.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davit: 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
Abara4iyke:

Ikeja.sorry price is 10k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
atheistandproud:

People don't know how to compare phones. Phones are classified according to tiers.

2. Midrange

3. Budget or Entry

If you use RN7 and then Mi 9T, then you'll know there's phone and there are phones.

It's dishonesty to compare one tier to another. Compare from within the same tier.

Spot on grin

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Bahddo:
thank you. I agree with this, not everyone has the same phone needs or financial power so it makes sense that there are phones of varying quality.

What isn't quite nice though, is manufacturers churning out overpriced phones.

I agree with u and I think we should replace nomenclatures, use overpriced instead of crap..... Sounds better to me

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
SMH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hmmmmm

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
veekid:
i can waybill on your expenses, 40k non negotiable
4/64?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
AirVaans:
4/64?
3/32
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
fibonacci2526:
SMH.

You know there will be more episodes like this in the future, right?
grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
fibonacci2526:
SMH.

Mama u dey here? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
mathefaro:
Wait, how many Xiaomi phones have you handled to make this claim? Please don't tell me Redmi 8 is part of your sample o..
bro not everybody is a noisemaker like some of u.am on my 7th in just over a year.. Since i bought Redmi 8.. Bought RN7 and RN8... Bought one self on Val day with a samsung device but the samsung keyboard makes typing so sweet and easy..

Pls don't quote me if you aint happy with what i wrote..just Swallow ur pride and move on. It wont kill u

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
atheistandproud:

2. Midrange

3. Budget or Entry

anyway its tru sha....though i love Xiaomi alot cos its cheaper with great specs...not a gaming type.. I only watch and stream tv series on it so i cant complain much....

Being long i used a samsung device until now but difference in typing is so huge..

Judging based on my own view
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
awoo47:
lOf course u shld defend the ppl dat put food on ur table
try to be intelligent

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by taiwosamwell(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
To those arguing about the Xiaomi and Samsung. Check this comparison between their latest flagship and be enlightened
https://techfashy.com/xiaomi-mi-10-pro-vs-samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-which-should-you-buy/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
Cc Gptech, jboixxx my ogas pls i need your help... I have been searching AliExpress for the new Poco X2 abd cant find any...1 Pls do any of you have links to Xiaomi stores on AliExpress... 2 How long does shipping takes now since the Corona virus issue..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
now its Mi keyboard vs Samsung keyboard cheesy grin grin na wa ohhhh

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
taiwosamwell:
To those arguing about the Xiaomi and Samsung. Check this comparison between their latest flagship and be enlightened
https://techfashy.com/xiaomi-mi-10-pro-vs-samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-which-should-you-buy/

Enough of this already. Make una agree to disagree. Make the matter die like that. Its completely unnecessary.

Abeg if I root my phone will I still be able to install new miui updates without problems? I seem to remember certain other brands tend to crash when a rooted phone is updated.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
now its
Mi keyboard vs Samsung keyboard
cheesy grin grin na wa ohhhh

The thing tire person oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
taiwosamwell:

$650 to $1399×is a very huge gap.. That conclusion that samsung won is wrong oo.. The price is a game changer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
atheistandproud:

2. Midrange

3. Budget or Entry

so u mean
mi9t screen sensitivity is better than budget phones
from same xiaomi and other brands
because it's a midranger? are u saying this based on experience??

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
genius43:

You use that phrase "Xiaomi Marketers" a lot but you have never named one. Please be bold enough to put monickers to your claim with substantial proof.

God bless
i really don't knw anyone except drjprince
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kallmerb:
Cc Gpte.ch, jb.oixxx my ogas pls i need your help... I have been searching AliExpress for the new Poco X2...1 Pls do any of you have links to Xiaomi stores on AliExpress... 2 How long does shipping takes now since the Corona virus issue..

1. I've got no link(s).
2. Processing of orders take awhile now and even picked up items don't get moved especially the trackable shipping methods. Just wait till next week except you want to tie the money down. My orders made 2 weeks ago are either bn processed or awaiting bn picked up.

The choice is yours, boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2020
saint2ace:

U guys seem to want to prove a point or maybe u feel it's a war u need to win. I wish you guys the best in this quest, since being rational isn't an option please go ahead and do what you have to do. Cheers
lol, y nt ans my msg instead of attacking me... cheesy grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
jboixxx:
1. I've got no link(s).
2. Processing of orders take awhile now and even picked up items don't get moved especially the trackable shipping methods. Just wait till next week except you want to tie the money down. My orders made 2 weeks ago are either bn processed or awaiting bn picked up.

The choice is yours, boss.
thanks Ogami
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kallmerb:
if you are used to a Samsung phone you will realise Xiaomi is crap.. The typing on Xiaomi phones are so poor

Note: not talking about A series but the Galaxy series from 7 plus
@bolded
Someone who is used to typing on xiaomi will have the same argument against Samsung too cos he's used to typing on xiaomi. Anything you're used to... You get better at it, once you decamp to another another thing, you'll struggle at it even though it's simple. Btw once you install gboard, you won't notice much difference across devices.
----------------------------------------
Oh you may ignore this
I See that you've expressed your opinion much better
N it is more enlightening

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
awoo47:
i really don't knw anyone except drjprince
sad sad really
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
saint2ace:

Mama u dey here? grin

These una matter taya me, buy the brand that suits you. Shikena.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
Please, how do I stop this notification that keeps popping up each time I closed WhatsApp (Business) and Telegram? RN8 (11.0.4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6869) (6870) (6871) (6872) (6873) (6874) (6875) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.