Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183270 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6938) (6939) (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) (6944) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
GoodBoi1:
Does Redmi note 8 ( not Pro ) support PUBG for HD? The reviews I watched shows it doesn't but I want to be sure

No, it doesn't. At least, not yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adex2442:
Tanks guys. I received a text from the post office this morning. Meanwhile tracking is still stock despatched to overseas. So my advice is that always go to the Post office day to day regarding yr item cos tracking may not be updated and post office may not call u

I was at the post office yesterday. The lady took my number and info and promised to contact me if she sees my item

Pls was it shipped via Singapore Post?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
atheistandproud:

My RN7 supports HD settings.

RN8 should too.
I jealous you guys. My phone (don't ask which) i bought for 70k+ last year cannot play PUBG or CODm on medium or high FPS in any setting.

Edit: 2 years ago, actually. Time dey fly o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
My redmi note 7 hasn't had an update since November last year. What's happening?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Bahddo:
I jealous you guys. My phone (don't ask which) i bought for 70k+ last year cannot play PUBG or CODm on medium or high FPS in any setting.
We must ask and you must tell.....
Lol
Give us hint joor

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
xoftxoul:

We must ask and you must tell.....
Lol
Give us hint joor
sorry, 2 years ago. Was in 2018.

Ok hint, it came with one stupid pen that must be charged and can only be charged/used with the bulky flip case that came with the phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kaydeexotic(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
Bahddo:

Ok hint, it came with one stupid pen that must be charged and can only be charged/used with the bulky flip case that came with the phone.

Infinix note 4 pro cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kaydeexotic:

Or Infinix Note 5 Stylus

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Bahddo:

infinix note 4 pro grin grin

That year Sha wet infinix still dey show me shege tongue

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
genius43:

Or Infinix Note 5 Stylus
correct cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kaydeexotic(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
leTrizzle:

I tried both Access and GTB

Find stanbic bank
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
Paxziano:

Pls was it shipped via Singapore Post?

AliExpress standard shipping. Tracking number starts and ends with RB...SG
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
Super amoled is bae. See very dark screen. U can't notice other parts of yr screen wen u are in darkness. Too dark.

I will never buy lcd screen phone again. Tufiakwa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Guys is it cool to charge a new phone with gen at the first time?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adex2442:
Guys is it cool to charge a new phone with gen at the first time?

YES especially if it has a functional AVR, then u're good to go but never the small tiger gen especially one that fluctuates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adex2442:

AliExpress standard shipping. Tracking number starts and ends with RB...SG

Singapore Post I think.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
saint2ace:

YES especially if it has a functional AVR, then u're good to go but never the small tiger gen especially one that fluctuates.

My gen is the big heir thermocool. Will it work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adex2442:

My gen is the big heir thermocool. Will it work

Fantastic, u're good to go then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Paxziano:

Singapore Post I think.

If ur item has not been delivered, don't sleep, goto post office
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
saint2ace:

Fantastic, u're good to go then

How many hours charge is recommended
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Shey when I said it here that SD665 and SD675 were not mates. Some people were attacking me even after I had shown them benchmarks.

RN7 with an older and soon to be outdated SD660 can run PUBG at HD settings while RN8 with SD665 can't.

RN8 pro has made other OEMs to start looking at Mediatek seriously and the Realme 6 with Helio G90T has made a good headway into India.

Now RN9 may come with Helio G70. The Gurus in the house. Is this a good move? Will it be as successful as the G90T.

I have been reading about the G70 and apart from it's not so very good connectivity and lack of UFS, it's CPU and GPU performance completely destroys the SD660 and 665. In short, it's an upgrade. But I still have my doubts. Abeg what do you guys think?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adex2442:

How many hours charge is recommended

Ur phone will tell u when to stop, factors considered are battery capacity, charging brick capacity and fast charge technology, then phone capability and fast charge technology incorporated.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
saint2ace:

Ur phone will tell u when to stop, factors considered are battery capacity, charging brick capacity and fast charge technology, then phone capability and fast charge technology incorporated.

It's a 4500mah 22.5watts. those days we charge for 4hrs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kaydeexotic:

Find stanbic bank
I don't have an account with them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
Guys I used my powerpamp till it's expired date and now I downloaded the cracked version on Google but it's just not showing the lis of my songs but it actually installed what can I do or does it mean I can't use powerpamp again ni make I find another option
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
atheistandproud:
Shey when I said it here that SD665 and SD675 were not mates. Some people were attacking me even after I had shown them benchmarks.

RN7 with an older and soon to be outdated SD660 can run PUBG at HD settings while RN8 with SD665 can't.

RN8 pro has made other OEMs to start looking at Mediatek seriously and the Realme 6 with Helio G90T has made a good headway into India.

Now RN9 may come with Helio G70. The Gurus in the house. Is this a good move? Will it be as successful as the G90T.

I have been reading about the G70 and apart from it's not so very good connectivity and lack of UFS, it's CPU and GPU performance completely destroys the SD660 and 665. In short, it's an upgrade. But I still have my doubts. Abeg what do you guys think?

HD is not issue with tweaking.

Even RN5 plays smoothly in HD

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kingpeter404:
Guys I used my powerpamp till it's expired date and now I downloaded the cracked version on Google but it's just not showing the lis of my songs but it actually installed what can I do or does it mean I can't use powerpamp again ni make I find another option

Buy the full version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
atheistandproud:

I read online that the SOC is not actually the Helio G70 but a completely new SOC, the Helio P75, which shares some similarities with the Helio G70. The Helio G70/P75 is doubtless more powerful than the SD660/665, but the negative perception about MediaTek is very strong.
Some people must have burst into tears immediately they saw the leak about the MediaTek SoC, I don't blame them because I also had a terrible experience with a Helio X10 SoC. If some people had their way they wouldn't touch any phone with a MediaTek SoC, even with a long pole. However, I have faith in MediaTek's Helio P & G series. With the help of Realme and Redmi, I believe MediaTek can win back people's confidence.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kaydeexotic:

yes

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adex2442:

If ur item has not been delivered, don't sleep, goto post office

Therein lies the problem. The item was supposed to land on the 26th of Feb but it didn't. It's also not trackable. Even if I go to the post office, what date will I tell them the item landed? Bearing in mind that on the tracking website it's stuck at despatched to overseas destination.
They definitely cannot check all the packages that came in since 26th Feb. I don't mind tipping them if they cud look for it but it's gonna be a tough task telling them to look for sumtn that's not even certain has arrived
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
atheistandproud:

No doubt the helio g70 is very power, it has pubg hd enabled and also play it in ultra hd.. On the other hand the sd 665 outsmarts the helio g70 in the AI camera enhancement..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
atheistandproud:

To me that helio g70 is like the mtk version of sd 710...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6938) (6939) (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) (6944) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.