Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9185083 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6939) (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) (6944) (6945) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
conversations like this are what i signed up for!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
gidieberry:
bros, come sell ya note 8 na
Thanks a lot man

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Keiyadosh:

The Helio G70 actually outperforms the Snapdragon 665...so it is still an upgrade
If Mediatek makes a Chipset that's faster than Snapdragon 875, and I can afford two of it, I still won't buy it.. God Forbid me going back to the vomit called Mediatek.. U can buy the Note 9 if u like.. For me, it's an instant SKIP

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Paxziano:

Therein lies the problem. The item was supposed to land on the 26th of Feb but it didn't. It's also not trackable. Even if I go to the post office, what date will I tell them the item landed? Bearing in mind that on the tracking website it's stuck at despatched to overseas destination.
They definitely cannot check all the packages that came in since 26th Feb. I don't mind tipping them if they cud look for it but it's gonna be a tough task telling them to look for sumtn that's not even certain has arrived

Oga goto post office it's there. Mine that has been stuck since last week has been updated today after I collected the item. I discovered the item came 4 days after dispatched to overseas... And it's been stuck there for 8 days o. Post office people are too lazy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
The Redmi Note 9 Pro is looking good with that rumoured Snapdragon 720G tho.. Might cop wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
naijasensei:

I read online that the SOC is not actually the Helio G70 but a completely new SOC, the Helio P75, which shares some similarities with the Helio G70. The Helio G70/P75 is doubtless more powerful than the SD660/665, but the negative perception about MediaTek is very strong.
Some people must have burst into tears immediately they saw the leak about the MediaTek SoC, I don't blame them because I also had a terrible experience with a Helio X10 SoC. If some people had their way they wouldn't touch any phone with a MediaTek SoC, even with a long pole. However, I have faith in MediaTek's Helio P & G series. With the help of Realme and Redmi, I believe MediaTek can win back people's confidence.

I almost pissed myself laughing at this comment. I know many people that will never touch anything Mediatek ever again. Their PTSD is real. Even me too sef once upon a time after MTK 6737 dealt with me. But we learn and we grow. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Bahddo:
sorry, 2 years ago. Was in 2018.

Ok hint, it came with one stupid pen that must be charged and can only be charged/used with the bulky flip case that came with the phone.
Lol looks like some people have figured out the phone.
Glad you've gathered experience n won't fall for same happening again.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emmohh(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
Guys is it advisable to update my new RN8. Everytime my data connection is on it keeps popping up the new software update ..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 10:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
flawless911:
If Mediatek makes a Chipset that's faster than Snapdragon 875, and I can afford two of it, I still won't buy it.. God Forbid me going back to the vomit called Mediatek.. U can buy the Note 9 if u like.. For me, it's an instant SKIP
It is not that bad grin grin
At least of late ,,they have been restoring their reputation with big companies....Even Samsung and One plus might use their Dimensity 800 soon..

It is trashno and inficrap that made everyone hate mediatek

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
emmohh:
Guys is it advisable to update my new RN8. Everytime my data connection is on it keeps popping up the new software update ..
https://www.nairaland.com/5528053/xiaomi-compilation-thread

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisnando: 12:58am On Mar 12, 2020
Keiyadosh:

It is not that bad grin grin
At least of late ,,they have been restoring their reputation with big companies....Even Samsung and One plus might use their Dimensity 800 soon..

It is trashno and inficrap that made everyone hate mediatek

Remember RN4 mtk.... This particular phone taught users lots of lessons
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:07am On Mar 12, 2020
Adex2442:

Oga goto post office it's there. Mine that has been stuck since last week has been updated today after I collected the item. I discovered the item came 4 days after dispatched to overseas... And it's been stuck there for 8 days o. Post office people are too lazy

It is not always the case, there are some that actually don't come
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:10am On Mar 12, 2020
emmohh:

This is not even supposed to be a question your new RN8 don't have to get old before you update it. It is a even more advisable to update the phone before you start installing your apps if there is of course an update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Qsand: 5:27am On Mar 12, 2020
chrisnando:

Remember RN4 mtk.... This particular phone taught users lots of lessons

LOL. That's the phone I'm using now. No custom rooms and this thing with its metal back can get extremely hot.

I'm saving up to 65k and contemplating getting the Realme 6 over redmi note 8. Yes, I've had a bad experience with mtk, but I bought the phone used. My friend's redmi note 5 Pro uses snapdragon 636 and still gets really hot (around one and half years old) tho not as hot as mine.

The design, 90Hz and crazy performance of the G90T are too hard to overlook all for 63k on flipkart.

My sole worry now is custom rom support and gcam. Something the note 8 has without breaking a sweat

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meshachdbuzz(m): 5:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Adex2442:

Ooh shocked
Now you know they are lazybones
Sometimes I feel like flogging them..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 6:23am On Mar 12, 2020
Qsand:

LOL. That's the phone I'm using now. No custom rooms and this thing with its metal back can get extremely hot.

I'm saving up to 65k and contemplating getting the Realme 6 over redmi note 8. Yes, I've had a bad experience with mtk, but I bought the phone used. My friend's redmi note 5 Pro uses snapdragon 636 and still gets really hot (around one and half years old) tho not as hot as mine.

The design, 90Hz and crazy performance of the G90T are too hard to overlook all for 63k on flipkart.

My sole worry now is custom rom support and gcam. Something the note 8 has without breaking a sweat
you loose fingerprint recognition after unlocking realme bootloader, there might be custom ROMs but it is not worth it to me with fingerprint broken
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crixxx: 6:39am On Mar 12, 2020
flawless911:
Tragic

THIS 1FUNNY. HOHOHO.. Whether the soc is very good or not once your friends hear "its a mediatek......' They already think its trash... But mtk is not to be trusted atall.. IPS LCD & mtk ee reach to cry truly. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ringi82(m): 7:46am On Mar 12, 2020
dellaziz:

Happened to me too
Note 6 pro
Had to change my wallpaper b4 having my battery back...

Can't say if it was coincidence or there's a correlation Sha
Mine is getting worse. I changed the wallpaper, no difference. The phone gets warm unnecessarily, even without using. The worst part is, if its fully charged the night before, and i off it, by the next morning it's down to 30% when i on it! Without using it o. Something is eating up my battery juice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ringi82(m): 7:54am On Mar 12, 2020
GrandMufti:

Screenshot the about section of your phone
Good morning boss. My note 6 pro is getting worse. I changed the wallpaper, no difference. The phone gets warm unnecessarily, even without using. The worst part is, if its fully charged the night before, and i off it, by the next morning it's down to 30% when i on it! Without using it o. Something is eating up my battery juice. The phone warms up when idle, I've installed app cleaners, still no difference. I'm thinking about doing a factory reset, I'm just concerned about my valuable datas stored. Please help a brother out.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkdr(m): 8:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Please which call recorder on playstore works well with redmi note 8?.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:46am On Mar 12, 2020
undecided

4/64gb 12999 rupee
6/128gb 15999 rupee

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2020
I watched the online launch of the Redmi Note 9 pro and Redmi Note 9 pro max. I've finally met my next phone cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2020

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 8:50am On Mar 12, 2020
Crixxx:

THIS 1FUNNY. HOHOHO.. Whether the soc is very good or not once your friends hear "its a mediatek......' They already think its trash... But mtk is not to be trusted atall.. IPS LCD & mtk ee reach to cry truly. grin
my note 8 pro begs to differ plus the best midrange soc of 2020 so far is mediateks dimensity 1000.even frankie tech that hated the note 8 pro loved the dimensity 1000 on oppo's reno 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQ4bPolOJQ
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 8:50am On Mar 12, 2020
busuyi44:
undecided
which part of those features would you like to replace and still have that price? Did you watch the launch? Recall, it is not in the flagship budget range.

The pro max is awesome, and far cheaper than it's rivals which it is also better than.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 8:51am On Mar 12, 2020
Adex2442:
Super amoled is bae. See very dark screen. U can't notice other parts of yr screen wen u are in darkness. Too dark.

I will never buy lcd screen phone again. Tufiakwa

Which Xiaomi fone is this on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 9:09am On Mar 12, 2020
Quick question for the house please. When Redmi phones launch in India, are the global prices much different?

I can't believe the price they are selling the 8gb + 128gb variant of the Redmi Note 9 pro max. If that Indian price translates to global price, I want it ASAP mehn!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by siegfried99(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2020
busuyi44:
undecided

4/64gb 12999 rupee
6/128gb 15999 rupee

Madd specs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abara4iyke(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2020
Good morning guys, my phone RN8 fell down from my waist level to a concrete floor and landed on its back and it got a crack a crack on the first camera shuttle, it only affects the pictures I take with the ultra wide option, please I wanna know if there anything I can do about it and my camera glass protector is yet to arrive... Thanks guys

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daeminent(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2020
Bahddo:
Quick question for the house please. When Redmi phones launch in India, are the global prices much different?

I can't believe the price they are selling the 8gb + 128gb variant of the Redmi Note 9 pro max. If that Indian price translates to global price, I want it ASAP mehn!

How much does it cost if converted to Naira?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2020
dasanchez1:
Thanks a lot man
u are welcome my brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (6939) (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) (6944) (6945) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.