Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,067 members, 7,867,024 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9503035 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7038) (7039) (7040) (7041) (7042) (7043) (7044) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
raydatluvs:
I don't understand Xiaomi not shipping to Nigeria. Those of us wanting to buy the note 9s, what do we do? Since they have only 2020 pieces.

Sellers will ship, not Xiaomi

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
dmgr:
Am experiencing slight heating when playing music and browsing simultaneously on my one week old redmi 8, is there any cause for alarm? and I also got a miui update some days back should i install the update?

cc:ge nius43
cc:jbo ixxx

Probably unstable network. Check if your network graph (under battery usage stats) is coloured
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SkyFlint: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
I am looking for a 4GB/64GB phone.
Can someone recommend one and preferably with a trusted seller too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
festwiz:
....but this is not a Samsung thread... undecided
Uhmmm we kinda have OnePlus, Lenovo and so on users here too yes and I know it's not a Samsung thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
SkyFlint:
I am looking for a 4GB/64GB phone.
Can someone recommend one and preferably with a trusted seller too.

Specs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dmgr(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Probably unstable network. Check if your network graph (under battery usage stats) is coloured

the temperature is back to normal, probably it was due to unstable network like u rightly said and I checked the graph the colour is blue as it has always been
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SkyFlint: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Specs

At least 5.5 inches screen

(4GB,64GB ROM)

At least 13 MP Camera

4G LTE Fingerprint ID

Budget is 36K
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GChux1: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
Where can I get Redmi note 7 in Lagos?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
SkyFlint:

(4GB,64GB ROM)

At least 13 MP Camera

4G LTE Fingerprint ID

Budget is 36K
someone was advertising used redmi note 5 with such specs for lesser amount
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SkyFlint: 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
Tiger2020:
someone was advertising used redmi note 5 with such specs for lesser amount

I saw that. He's even selling it for 32K but I am wary of used products.

Thanks, anyway.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
dmgr:

the temperature is back to normal, probably it was due to unstable network like u rightly said and I checked the graph the colour is blue as it has always been

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2020
SkyFlint:

(4GB,64GB ROM)

At least 13 MP Camera

4G LTE Fingerprint ID

Budget is 36K

You won't get any new one except fairly used

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/442#88180047
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
IdeeEsperanza:
Anyone knows a font that can display bold and italicized texts. It seems only Roboto (in my font collection) does that.

Thanks in advance.
Stay safe.
Anyone please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
Buzx:

Guy, I say I'm playing it in High graphics without lags. We use the same phone doesn't mean we would get the same experience. That's not difficult to understand. Clear cache, reboot your phone, free up space, check your network.
Which one are you running on high settings? As long as na thesame note 8 we dey use, on normal condition we get thesame gaming experience whatsoever so stop talking as if I don't know what I'm saying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
SkyFlint:

I saw that. He's even selling it for 32K but I am wary of used products.

Thanks, anyway.
You want to buy a NEW Xiaomi with 4/64, fingerprint and all for 36k... Lol. Have you checked phone prices on Jumia in the last 3days?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
IdeeEsperanza:

Anyone please?

The last time I checked, only stock font can do that.

Except you want to root
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stano2(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
Please Glo network doesn't work on my Redmi 8, it shows no service but when I put the sim in my small phone, it shows full network bar.
In my Redmi 8 no network bar
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
olanreyman:

Which one are you running on high settings? As long as na thesame note 8 we dey use, on normal condition we get thesame gaming experience whatsoever so stop talking as if I don't know what I'm saying
Nope, not really. If you have a lot of social aps running in the background, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Ticktock, Twitter, Instagram, etc and he has none, you won't have the same experience. How you use your phone determines the amount of performance you get out of it.

Your device has limited resources to allocate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SkyFlint: 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
micxwell:
You want to buy a NEW Xiaomi with 4/64, fingerprint and all for 36k... Lol.
grin

You must forgive my naivety. I was about to get a Gionee with similar specs for less than 35K on Jumia but the delivery guy is acting silly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
stano2:
Please Glo network doesn't work on my Redmi 8, it shows no service but when I put the sim in my small phone, it shows full network bar.
In my Redmi 8 no network bar

Set to 4g/3g/2g and reboot. or try in sim 2 slot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SkyFlint: 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

You won't get any new one except fairly used

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/442#88180047

All right, thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2020
SkyFlint:

You must forgive my naivety. I was about to get a Gionee with similar specs for less than 35K on Jumia but the delivery guy is acting silly
It will most likely be with an older version of android; say Nougat or thereabout.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
olanreyman:

Guy, I won't quote you again.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SkyFlint: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
micxwell:

It will most likely be with a older version of android; say Nougat or thereabout.

Correct. It runs on Nougat.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
olayinkajnr:

You love it more than 8a but it's never close to 8a in anything. 8a is far better than it and that's a fact.

This is a comparison between 8a, Realme C2 and Nokia 2.3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gizmochina.com/2019/12/17/redmi-8a-vs-realme-c2-2020-vs-nokia-2-3-specs-comparison/%3famp

They have not used it, not everything you read online you believe. Some of these guys have not even used some of these phones. They just post anything they like based on what they see rather than experience. Let me use it first.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2020
peteregwu:

They have not used it, not everything you read online you believe. Some of these guys have not even used some of these phones. They just post anything they like based on what they see rather than experience. Let me use it first.
K.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
Buzx:

Guy, I won't quote you again.
So?? Rapture would happen if you don't quote? Mtchewww some people sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
festwiz:
Nope, not really. If you have a lot of social aps running in the background, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Ticktock, Twitter, Instagram, etc and he has none, you won't have the same experience. How you use your phone determines the amount of performance you get out of it.

Your device has limited resources to allocate.
I agree bro. That's why I said 'on normal condition'

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
peteregwu:

Nothing like that, but what ever you choose to believe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
Tjohnnay:

Explain to me what u mean by lite users

Bcus i only wanna use the phone to browse on internet Facebook and 3 other apps

From your response you are good to go

Apparently, was only trying to tell you that u will enjoy it if are a person who doesn't use ram consuming app like games
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
SkyFlint:

Correct. It runs on Nougat.
Ok, that's the S11 Lite. It's an okay phone. If you'll be using for long, it's not advisable though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
peteregwu:

Lmao, I knew that will be your line of defense. I've handled the Nokia 2.3 myself and I believe that because that was my experience too.

And oh! You think gizmochina is like your average phone reviewers in Nigeria?

Redmi 8A is far better than Nokia 2.3 and that's a fact.

And of course, use it first but na here we dey na. I'm waiting for when you'll say you regretted selling your 8A for Nokia 2.3 (an awesome downgrade if I'm to make you happy).

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7038) (7039) (7040) (7041) (7042) (7043) (7044) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.