Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9423651 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) (7077) (7078) (7079) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:
guys which xiaomi should i go for? i lost my note 7 yestday
It all depends on your budget. There's something for everybody.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

Wrong info from GSMARENA who have a penchant for not updating their specifications sheet unlike Kimovil.com
Wow. Info as minute like this can what helps an individual decide what device to settle for among plethora of options. Not nice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Wow. Info as minute like this can what helps an individual decide what device to settle for among plethora of options. Not nice

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2020
You people have done it again. cry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by urchman82: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2020
festwiz:
It all depends on your budget. There's something for everybody.
60K down
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:

60K down
Redmi Note 7, 4/64, 58K
Redmi Note 8, 3/32, 58k
Redmi 8, 4/64, 51k
Redmi 7, 4/32, Unsure.

Prices from pointekonline . com
You can check the specs from Kimovil . com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
festwiz:
You people have done it again. cry

Guilty as charged grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
well I'm guilty of all except high brightness, well oled screen display was great but I think its time to stick with LCD
my brother's Samsung note 9 screen last year burnt in just 1 month, I mean a phone he just bought new right? And I know his caliber of person not to be gaming or necessarily doing any heavy task on his phone it pained him very much,so until microled tech is out we have no choice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
drjprince:
my brother's Samsung note 9 screen last year burnt in just 1 month, I mean a phone he just bought new right? And I know his caliber of person not to be gaming or necessarily doing any heavy task on his phone it pained him very much,so until microled tech is out we have no choice
He should have asked for a refund or cashed in on his warranty. He obviously had a defective unit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:
I lost my note 7 yestday
cry cry
Sorry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jworos(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Have they called you for confirmation?
Sprintx24:

Same Jumia Global?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
drjprince:
cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
drjprince:

Me that I live in a region where temperatures can reach 44°C, and my phone is always crying "over heating (GPS, Mobile data, Bluetooth and WiFi will be restricted)".

I no want Amoled again abeg. RN9S it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by urchman82: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
festwiz:
Redmi Note 7, 4/64, 58K Redmi Note 8, 3/32, 58k Redmi 8, 4/64, 51k Redmi 7, 4/32, Unsure.
Prices from pointekonline . com You can check the specs from Kimovil . com
i want to go for note 8 @72k frm jumia. how good is the note8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by urchman82: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Juicey10:
cry cry Sorry
THANKS

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:

Get the Note 9s it's 71k, same 4/64GB configuration and it's a lot better.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
So after 4months using my redmi k20,with screen touch problem,sim tray problem, it's finally come to the final and phone ending problem,bleeding screen. My advice to anybody buying xiaomi phones,stay away from any of them with oled screen,I don't think xiaomi use good oled screen because even my mi 8 se's oled screen is also bad,it doesn't come on. I'm not badmouthing xiaomi, just my observation. Thank You
drjprince come nd defend grin
abi xiaomi isn't paying u cos of corona?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

It is your luck, not a general problem.

We will notify Samsung for supplying faulty OLED panels
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by urchman82: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
festwiz:
i didnt see it on jumia, how do i get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:

Just relax, exercise patience and wait for Redmi note 9s before you will start telling yourself "why me" or "if i had know"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
jboixxx:
I think this might just be a luck thing or prolly handling, Mr Vower. My friend's Mi 9Lite had no screen bleeding issue or any issue at that before it got misplaced about 2 weeks ago. His phone and yours are of the same age....you remember the DHL issue?

All the best in your next purchase (whatever brand you choose to try again).
hes definitely going bk to whr he belongs frm d beginning wink, Tecno nd infinix cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:

i didnt see it on jumia, how do i get it
Just search for "Redmi Note 9s" on Jumia. I can't post direct links because one mod has been looking at me funny. angry

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by urchman82: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
festwiz:
i didnt see it on jumia. how do i get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
awoo47:
hes definitely going bk to whr he belongs frm d beginning wink, Tecno nd infinix cheesy
Hahaha.
If my S2 Pro's screen had not gone blank, I'd post a picture of the terrible burn in along the cracks on the display. In my case, it was poor handling. Can't fault a brand for my carelessness.

#JS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Elslim:

God forbid I use one phone for two years when them no swear for me.... My guy take time woo

God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN smiley
ode nie. U wan dey change phone lyk pant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Kendzyma:
My redmi note 8 of less than 5 months is already having screen bleeding problem.. the lcd light at the side of the screen becomes obvious on the light grey background ..and the screen is also getting transparent like i can see my previously opened app from the background..is there any solution to this? And will this later degenerate into smtg else?... picture attached below,though not clear enough
ntin wrng with dis na undecided

why will u even screenshot lipsrsealed
use anoda phone to snap it, screenshot won't reveal shit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:
I lost my note 7 yestday
sorry, so do u need a donation or word or comfort? undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
awoo47:
drjprince come nd defend grin
abi xiaomi isn't paying u cos of corona?
Bro stop kidding around I don't work for xiaomi and am not even using one of their devices at the moment, am a trader so just incase you want to know..
He was just unlucky because I used the pro version of that phone and no single issue at all till I sold it out..
Screen burn in like I explained,all Amoleds are vulnerable whether samsung or xiaomi or one plus, vivo so stop trolling me,you can qoute me on a neutral ground.. not on something that is beyond control or might be his fault

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by urchman82: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
festwiz:

Just search for "Redmi Note 9s" on Jumia. I can't post direct links because one mod has been looking at me funny. angry
shipping frm abroad?
if e pass pay on delivery i no buy. i no fit carry my money give jumia again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

Me that I live in a region where temperatures can reach 44°C, and my phone is always crying "over heating (GPS, Mobile data, Bluetooth and WiFi will be restricted)".

I no want Amoled again abeg. RN9S it is.
in such condition bro you might likely get a burn in around even 2 weeks of use of you aint lucky and if you are not enlightened like the other guy you might think it is the OEM, my brother was cursing Samsung I had to tell him to calm down that all oem face such issues when it comes to AMOLED
LCD is not all that bad and the white color calibration in lcd to me is the best.. I would be getting one of those redmi note 9s too by the way grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
drjprince:
Bro stop kidding around I don't work for xiaomi and am not even using one of their devices at the moment, am a trader so just incase you want to know..
He was just unlucky because I used the pro version of that phone and no single issue at all till I sold it out..
Screen burn in like I explained,all Amoleds are vulnerable whether samsung or xiaomi or one plus, vivo so stop trolling me,you can qoute me on a neutral ground.. not on something that is beyond control or might be his fault
im jus joking na grin grin

hw much u sell dat ur mi9T?
do u also order on AE?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
urchman82:

shipping frm abroad?
if e pass pay on delivery i no buy. i no fit carry my money give jumia again
jumia is reliable na, atleast dem get offices

(1) (2) (3) ... (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) (7077) (7078) (7079) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.