Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9354725 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7070) (7071) (7072) (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
toppzzyy:
mi A3 with super amoled screen (HD) remains the most satisfying smartphone I have used personally. It doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everyone, because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
I will say the same of RN7pro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Failure44: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
midetinz:
Please gurus in the house, I just got a new redmi 7a.
Despite displaying 4G as internet strength for the MTN sim,the service is "annoyingly slow.
I even tried to sign in to Google play store to access basic apps, it was just displaying "checking updates" with the blue background for more than 15 minutes despite switching on data.
Had to shut it down out of furstation.
Pls help a friend here. What can I do?
Thanks
Change your MTN APN to the second one or use a glo or Airtel APN.

I'm using glo sim card but Airtel APN.
Improve speed not fast to my taste but improved.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
vower:
So after 4months using my redmi k20,with screen touch problem,sim tray problem, it's finally come to the final and phone ending problem,bleeding screen. My advice to anybody buying xiaomi phones,stay away from any of them with oled screen,I don't think xiaomi use good oled screen because even my mi 8 se's oled screen is also bad,it doesn't come on. I'm not badmouthing xiaomi, just my observation. Thank You
the way you people generalise issues ee,
Are the only one using xiaomi Amoled screen phones?
Or do you think other OEM's doesn't face such issues

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jworos(m): 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nice, I just ordered mine too, I got the 4/64 variant.
Sprintx24:

Seen... Will have loved the Grey of 6/128g though. Found only the green.. Seems I will have to settle for the green. I hope they are no other hidden charges aside from what I am currently seeing on Jumia? Anyone has experience with Jumia Global (Shipped from Abroad)?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
midetinz:
Please gurus in the house, I just got a new redmi 7a.
Despite displaying 4G as internet strength for the MTN sim,the service is "annoyingly slow.
I even tried to sign in to Google play store to access basic apps, it was just displaying "checking updates" with the blue background for more than 15 minutes despite switching on data.
Had to shut it down out of furstation.
Pls help a friend here. What can I do?
Thanks

Check the APN settings and make sure the proxy and port settings are empty
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 12:04am On Apr 15, 2020
Elslim:

Speak for yourself..... Been using mine now without screen guard for 4months and nothing, absolutely nothing is wrong with my phone....

God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN
if that phone's screen last for 2years quote me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 12:04am On Apr 15, 2020
JohnnyPalmer:

Negotiate for 20k, otherwise it's cool
thanks so much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 12:04am On Apr 15, 2020
Ifeanyi4491:
new one or use, if its use 15k
it's used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 12:05am On Apr 15, 2020
michaellovaldo:

A friend of mine swapped his redmi 7 plus 12k for a mi a3
It should not be more than 15k jare
thanks so much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 12:05am On Apr 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
the way you people generalise issues ee,
Are the only one using xiaomi Amoled screen phones?
Or do you think other OEM's doesn't face such issues
using two amoled xiaomi phone is with screen issues after months of usage is not enought to generalize? I know its all brands using amoled that's facing this problem but its xiaomi I've used so its xiaomi I'll talk about
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 12:05am On Apr 15, 2020
jworos:
Nice, I just ordered mine too, I got the 4/64 variant.

Same Jumia Global?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 12:07am On Apr 15, 2020
jboixxx:
I think this might just be a luck thing or prolly handling, Mr Vower. My friend's Mi 9Lite had no screen bleeding issue or any issue at that before it got misplaced about 2 weeks ago. His phone and yours are of the same age....you remember the DHL issue?

All the best in your next purchase (whatever brand you choose to try again).
exactly bro,I took it as bad luck ever since. But I was shocked when my mi8 se screen got bad as well. So I've decided not to buy amoled screen anymore, I'm just advising anybody planning on buying that even though amoled screen gives the best display, on the long run I don't think its the best to choose
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 12:08am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

It is your luck, not a general problem.

We will notify Samsung for supplying faulty OLED panels
yea. My bad luck. But how would you notify Samsung,lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 12:09am On Apr 15, 2020
gpercuxionz:
26k ke, if she no gree 10k last be enjoying your phone dey go no much difference
abi smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jworos(m): 12:11am On Apr 15, 2020
Yes!
Sprintx24:

Same Jumia Global?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Juicey10(m): 12:13am On Apr 15, 2020
Sprintx24:

Thanks.... I finally ordered the 6/128g green color variant. Custom charges and shipping amounted to 82790 which is much cheaper than all the ones I saw on AE (I have no idea why it was that cheap). Delivery date is expected to be between May 15th to May 25th. Fingers crossed, it gets delivered safely before then. I will update you all when I take delivery. In between, I also ordered for the accessories on AE. I found the accessories much better and cheaper on AE. Wish me luck guys.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
good luck
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:19am On Apr 15, 2020
segunmelvin1:
boss please i need your whatsapp digits pls
It's on my signature.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:23am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

Naxo grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2020
Sprintx24:

Thanks.... I finally ordered the 6/128g green color variant. Custom charges and shipping amounted to 82790 which is much cheaper than all the ones I saw on AE (I have no idea why it was that cheap). Delivery date is expected to be between May 15th to May 25th. Fingers crossed, it gets delivered safely before then. I will update you all when I take delivery. In between, I also ordered for the accessories on AE. I found the accessories much better and cheaper on AE. Wish me luck guys.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Waiting for unboxing.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:26am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
Nawa for you bros, smh.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crixxx: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

It is your luck, not a general problem.

Faulty oled panels?
Well, You get what you are paying for. Faulty money, faulty oled. grin

Abeg let me avoid talking too much because I must use xiaomi this year. Heard it operate s and feels like an iphone grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
yea. My bad luck. But how would you notify Samsung,lol

LoL!!! Nothing is impossible
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:47am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:

People still hold their mi 8 for here ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 2:05am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
So after 4months using my redmi k20,with screen touch problem,sim tray problem, it's finally come to the final and phone ending problem,bleeding screen. My advice to anybody buying xiaomi phones,stay away from any of them with oled screen,I don't think xiaomi use good oled screen because even my mi 8 se's oled screen is also bad,it doesn't come on. I'm not badmouthing xiaomi, just my observation. Thank You
AMOLED displays are prone to screen burn-ins, which leaves a permanent imprint of overused colors from overused images. The imprint only happens if the screen is used at maximum brightness for a long time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by taiwosamwell(m): 2:09am On Apr 15, 2020
I made a comparison between Mi 10 and Realme X50 Pro. Pls check it out and drop your comments if there are any.
https://techfashy.com/realme-x50-pro-vs-xiaomi-mi-10-specs-and-price-comparison/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 2:32am On Apr 15, 2020
Juicey10:
A friend gave me an offer of getting redmi note 8
4/64 to swap with redmi 8 4/64
To balance her 26k
Is it cool we got the device the same day

This is too much na.
Give the person five or six kay, i did prefer five kay thou. No dull yourself o, the date you got the device is not your concern at all

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:48am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

The only ish currently is shipping

Mi 10T is looking sweet oh grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 4:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Juicey10:
it's used
15k bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 4:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Please any way of prevention Mtn from deducting my normal data when I subscribe for night plan?
Instead of removing from the night bundle, they're removing from my Welcome back data. I don't understand. Any way around this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 4:37am On Apr 15, 2020
I Don add +1 today.. Happy Birthday to me!

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:18am On Apr 15, 2020
omoadeleye:

This is too much na.
Give the person five or six kay, i did prefer five kay thou. No dull yourself o, the date you got the device is not your concern at all
The person is a friend and to top it all.... The person is a "she". If na guy, I'm sure Baba won't be asking this question. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:25am On Apr 15, 2020
Ejiphill09:
I Don add +1 today.. Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday bro. Long life and Prosperity. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7070) (7071) (7072) (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.