Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356265 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7071) (7072) (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) (7077) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:32am On Apr 15, 2020
Kennyflyair:
Please any way of prevention Mtn from deducting my normal data when I subscribe for night plan?
Instead of removing from the night bundle, they're removing from my Welcome back data. I don't understand. Any way around this?
What I noticed with glo night bundle. You have to switch your network off & on (that's putting it on flight mode; then removing it from flight mode again) before you attempt to start browsing with it. That is, a general network reset. If you don't do that on glo, they'll keep draining your main data. You can apply same.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 5:53am On Apr 15, 2020
micxwell:

What I noticed with glo night bundle. You have to switch your network off & on (that's putting it on flight mode; then removing it from flight mode again) before you attempt to start browsing with it. That is, a general network reset. If you don't do that on glo, they'll keep draining your main data. You can apply same.
Thanks. I'll try it when next I sub for the night plan
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 6:03am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
yea. My bad luck. But how would you notify Samsung,lol

Samsung makes the best of their screen for their phones and sell inferior to other phone makers. The major selling point of their A-series is AMOLED display, and A series sells a lot despite weaker processors compared Redmi of equal price. They know what they're doing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:13am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
if that phone's screen last for 2years quote me

God forbid I use one phone for two years when them no swear for me.... My guy take time woo

God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 7:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Kennyflyair:
Please any way of prevention Mtn from deducting my normal data when I subscribe for night plan?
Instead of removing from the night bundle, they're removing from my Welcome back data. I don't understand. Any way around this?
MTN are thieves, I don't think there is a way around it except you get a separate sim for night plan. You can try glo (100 for 1GB which lasts 5 days) if their network is good in your area if not you will be frustrated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 7:19am On Apr 15, 2020
micxwell:

Sometimes I always need to call their CC to activate the plan after numerous Airplane mode on/off. Glo should channel their resources into providing quality service instead of all these unnecessary ads.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:20am On Apr 15, 2020
Ejiphill09:
I Don add +1 today.. Happy Birthday to me!

Happy birthday bro, wishing you greater heights

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

Mi 10T is looking sweet oh grin grin grin grin

Have you seen any leaks?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2020
hardeycute:
Sometimes I always need to call their CC to activate the plan after numerous Airplane mode on/off. Glo should channel their resources into providing quality service instead of all these unnecessary ads.
Wow, I've never experienced it....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:30am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

Have you seen any leaks?

From your screenshot na. Only say that K30 na global ROM. cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 7:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Kennyflyair:
Toggle your data off and on after subscription..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2020
Mi 8 is still going strong, no screen problems

vower
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:52am On Apr 15, 2020
atheistandproud:

From your screenshot na. Only say that K30 na global ROM. cry

Mi 10T could be a rebadged Poco X2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Failure44: 8:00am On Apr 15, 2020
Kennyflyair:
Calling their customer care line.
This is the xiaomi thread not MTN thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2020
Kykyblaze:

AMOLED displays are prone to screen burn-ins, which leaves a permanent imprint of overused colors from overused images. The imprint only happens if the screen is used at maximum brightness for a long time.
exactly what i want to tell him
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2020
Kennyflyair:
i don't think there is a way around it,i was once in such dilemma but they told me that both are bonus thereby deducting from the first bonus
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kendzyma(m): 8:37am On Apr 15, 2020
My redmi note 8 of less than 5 months is already having screen bleeding problem.. the lcd light at the side of the screen becomes obvious on the light grey background ..and the screen is also getting transparent like i can see my previously opened app from the background..is there any solution to this? And will this later degenerate into smtg else?... picture attached below,though not clear enough

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Kendzyma:
My redmi note 8 of less than 5 months is already having screen bleeding problem.. the lcd light at the side of the screen becomes obvious on the light grey background..is there any solution to this? And will this later degenerate into smtg else?... picture attached below,though not clear enough

Use another phone to take a picture of your phone. Hope you don't use your phone very often with full brightness and under direct sunlight?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kendzyma(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2020
genius43:

Use another phone to take a picture of your phone. Hope you don't use your phone very often with full brightness and under direct sunlight?
I dnt have another phone to snap, and there are few instances i used it under direct sunlight...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2020
Kendzyma:
My redmi note 8 of less than 5 months is already having screen bleeding problem.. the lcd light at the side of the screen becomes obvious on the light grey background ..and the screen is also getting transparent like i can see my previously opened app from the background..is there any solution to this? And will this later degenerate into smtg else?... picture attached below,though not clear enough
It would degenerate to ghost touches later after which you would not be able to bear the severity but have no option than to replace the screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crixxx: 8:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Kendzyma:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kendzyma(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2020
olanreyman:

It would degenerate to ghost touches later after which you would not be able to bear the severity but have no option than to replace the screen
Waw.. what's the cause.?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2020
hardeycute:
Sometimes I always need to call their CC to activate the plan after numerous Airplane mode on/off. Glo should channel their resources into providing quality service instead of all these unnecessary ads

But Na MTN get problem na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Ejiphill09:

Happy birthday sir

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2020
Happy birthday brother... More money in your akant

Ejiphill09:

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
i don't think there is a way around it,i was once in such dilemma but they told me that both are bonus thereby deducting from the first bonus
Them be sharp guys. Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Failure44:

Calling their customer care line.
This is the xiaomi thread not MTN thread.
K
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Toggle your data off and on after subscription..

Done that. Same thing. Thanks tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 9:10am On Apr 15, 2020
hardeycute:
MTN are thieves, I don't think there is a way around it except you get a separate sim for night plan. You can try glo (100 for 1GB which lasts 5 days) if their network is good in your area if not you will be frustrated
Lemme go and dust my glo sim then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2020
vower:
using two amoled xiaomi phone is with screen issues after months of usage is not enought to generalize? I know its all brands using amoled that's facing this problem but its xiaomi I've used so its xiaomi I'll talk about

been using mi9se since last year and my friend has been using mi9T for more than four months as well. there's been no problem at all. the mi9t's screen is broken now but still not a problem using or working with it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2020
Kendzyma:
Screen bleeding won't show up in screenshots. Lol. Have you dropped the phone of recent?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emmohh(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2020
michealdeco:
you haven't been online since 8th

Sorry jare. I'm not use to it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7071) (7072) (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) (7077) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amstamon and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.