Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9300980 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7135) (7136) (7137) (7138) (7139) (7140) (7141) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaniHolmes: 11:43am On Apr 28, 2020
Please is the mi 9T Glass screen available anyone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2020
DaniHolmes:
Please is the mi 9T Glass screen available anyone?

What do you mean by glass screen?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kykyblaze:
RN8 74k
RN8 Pro 97k

Base versions.

Am having this feeling that RN9S will be above 75k

Jumia Global now sells RN9S for 75k - 80k. Then it was 68k - 71k
if Note 8 Pro is 97k, carry around 100k or more as you wait for Note 9S.
It ships with a Snapdragon chip and you know how e dey be
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
iKingsley:
Wow! No offense but you don't know what you speak of.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kykyblaze:
RN8 74k
RN8 Pro 97k

Base versions.

When it's luaunched in Nigeria, it'll probably be 71k for 4/64 and 78k for 6/128.

If for any reason the 9s goes above 80K, it will be the regular Note 9 launching in the 60k price range. Anyhow, just wait till tomorrow and then the local prices will be revealed. Don't stress yourself too much man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
festwiz:
Wow! No offense but you don't know what you speak of.
let's just watch cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
iKingsley:
let's just watch cool
It will not cross 100k. Don't humour yourself. The Mi 9T is 110k why would Xiaomi shoot themselves in the foot? Xiaomi and Redmi is not Transsion Holdings and Tecno. They know their user base.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2sign: 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=xoftxoul post=88939641]
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2sign: 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=genius43 post=88939755]

USB cable - Baseus
Charger - ZMI, Floveme, Celbro, Baseus. Make sure you buy at least an 18W charger

As for the cord and charger you can buy from Jboixxx or gidieberry at good prices and save yourself the wait.

Powerbank- Don't ship to Nigeria. Contact Macbeyland or Ifedith for your Romoss or Mi Powerbank.
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dyfaze: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
iKingsley:

Contrary to your price opinion on Note 9s, though it is powered by Snapdragon 720G, but Helio G90T Processor used to powered RN8pro is more powerful that's why RN8 PRO is more expensive even on jumia. RN9s is going to be cheaper
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kykyblaze:
RN8 74k
RN8 Pro 97k

Base versions.

97k ke.. from where??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ziyech:

97k ke.. from where??

I weak. Phone when dey around 80k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
Tiger2020:
was about to tell you this because i had the same issue and cleaning the speaker was what solved it

Cleared mine by blasting hot air into it through the car's vent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hermionegranger(f): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good Afternoon. Please I need a possible solution to this problem I have. My brother's phone (Redmi Note 5A Prime) suddenly went off this morning and when he turns it on, it keeps showing the Linux Penguin Logo and it's not booting. Does anyone know how this problem can be resolved?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dyfaze: 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

I weak. Phone when dey around 80k

Actually kykyblaze is right about the price, Sellers inflate the price during this lockdown since only few of them are selling because most markets has been shutdown. The normal price range before shutdown

RN8pro
6gb/64gb...80k to 82k
6gb/128gb.. 87k to 90k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
dyfaze:

Contrary to your price opinion on Note 9s, though it is powered by Snapdragon 720G, but Helio G90T Processor used to powered RN8pro is more powerful that's why RN8 PRO is more expensive even on jumia. RN9s is going to be cheaper
yes, Helio G90T has better GPU to 720G but it's not better than 720G
Note 8 pro has better camera, liquid cooling system, NFC; and you will be surprised Note 9s is going to be around same price margin with note 8 pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
dyfaze:

Actual kykyblaze is right about the price, Sellers inflate the price during this lockdown since only few of them are selling because most markets has been shutdown. The normal price range before shutdown

RN8pro
6gb/64gb...80k to 82k
6gb/128gb.. 87k to 90k

He could have stated the variants like you did instead of being ambiguous.

I was thinking about the base version as would many other people.

Thanks for clearing that up sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dyfaze: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
iKingsley:
Note 8 pro has better camera, liquid cooling system, NFC; and you will be surprised Note 9s is going to be around same price margin with note 8 pro.

My oga, I always argue to learn new things, from your analysis you've have shot yourself at the leg. Redmi Note 8 pro has better processor, camera, other things. So why would Note 9s cost more? Do you actually 'remember that Note 8 has better spec compared to RN7.. yet note 8 is cheaper or let me say very close. In gadget market, specifications determines the price...
Check the head to head of RN8 PRO processor G90T and RN9s Snapdragon 720G below

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dyfaze: 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

He could have stated the variants like you did instead of being ambiguous.

I was thinking about the base version as would many other people.

Thanks for clearing that up sir.

You're welcome my brother, I work very close to a popular phone market and during break I do enter market to window shop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
iKingsley:

Which One is the Better Processor?
If raw CPU performance and gaming is a priority then the lower-priced Realme 6 with the Helio G90T will be a better choice. But if someone is looking for overall better performance with better efficiency, better connectivity, better support along with somewhat similar CPU and gaming performance then Realme 6 Pro is the device to get. The only reason why G90T could be preferred over the Snapdragon 720G is better gaming performance.

Copied

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DaniHolmes: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
genius43:

What do you mean by glass screen?
Tempered glass screen protector
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

If raw CPU performance and gaming is a priority then the lower-priced Realme 6 with the Helio G90T will be a better choice. But if someone is looking for overall better performance with better efficiency, better connectivity, better support along with somewhat similar CPU and gaming performance then Realme 6 Pro is the device to get. The only reason why G90T could be preferred over the Snapdragon 720G is better gaming performance.

Copied
The only reason the G90T is ahead is because of benchmark cheating.

RN8 Pro Fanboys should come and defend the SoC.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dyfaze: 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Copied

Thanks for your contribution bro. I saw copied at the bottom of your write up. A friend is using A71 though powered by 730 (not 720G) and I am using Redmi note 8 pro with G90t processor (RN8 pro is fater) . G90t processor is better in terms of faster CPU and higher Ram Speed, that's why it has better gaming performance.

You can read more about their head to head
https://versus.com/en/mediatek-helio-g90t-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-720g

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Copied
thank you bros cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
dyfaze:

My oga, I always argue to learn new things, from your analysis you've have shot yourself at the leg. Redmi Note 8 pro has better processor, camera, other things. So why would Note 9s cost more? Do you actually 'remember that Note 8 has better spec compared to RN7.. yet note 8 is cheaper or let me say very close. In gadget market, specifications determines the price...
Check the head to head of RN8 PRO processor G90T and RN9s Snapdragon 720G below

Versus.com, that stupid site that rates helio p22 over sd665 that site na scam search for centurion mark they have the most accurate ranking in any site

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
For you to understand the difference between Helio G90T and the SD 720G, you'll need to understand how they're built.

The Helio G90T is built as an Octa core SoC with 8 CPUs arranged in a 2:6 big little configuration. It uses 2 high performance Cortex A76 cores clocked at 2.05GHz and 6 low powered cores (Cortex A55) clocked at 2.0GHz for regular tasks

On the other hand, the SD 720G is also an Octa-core arrange in the same 2:6 configuration but the high performance cores it uses are custom cores (Kryo gold) designed by Qualcomm based on Cortex A76. These cores run at 2.3GHz. To compensate for the high performance, it uses 6 downclocked cortex A55 running at 1.6-1.8GHz for regular tasks.

If you notice, both chips are using the same types of cores but the fact that Qualcomm customized theirs and the different clock speeds will produce different levels of performance.

This means that for high CPU intensive tasks (not requiring much GPU input), the SD 720G will blow the G90T out of the water. But for normal regular use, the difference isn't much but the G90T will pull ahead.

Moving on to the GPU, the Mali G76 on the Helio G90T dusts the Adreno 618 (which was underclocked for some reason). So when it comes to tasks which requires the GPU or tasks that combines both CPU and GPU, the Helio G90T will beat the 720G.

That being said, the 720G is built on a smaller more power efficient process of 8nm compared to the 12nm of the G90T, hence it is likely to heat less and doesn't consume a lot of battery.

Also, Qualcomm supports their chips and gives out information to programmers/developers to work on their chips. Something Mediatek doesn't do. So 720G will still be relevant in the next two years while the G90T may be forgotten.

The choice is yours.

Cc: iKingsley
dyFaze

Modified: I wrote an Article on how ARM cortex cores work in Smartphone SoCs. I think you should check it out but it's a very long read sha.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Copied

The realme 6 pro uses the same SD 720G as found on the 9s but I think its optimization is much better than the 9s. I was looking at both devices on Gsmarena yesterday and popular opinion places it above the 9s even in overall specs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
The RN7(3/32gb) is better than the RN8(3/32gb)
how true is that?
please correct me if im wrong? wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
festwiz:
The only reason the G90T is ahead is because of benchmark cheating.

RN8 Pro Fanboys should come and defend the SoC.

No lie the mtk processors are put in sports mode to give higher benchmarks, its not good because the performance of the g90t will be inconsistent compared to sd 720
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
DaniHolmes:

Tempered glass screen protector

Okay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sprintx24:

The realme 6 pro uses the same SD 720G as found on the 9s but I think its optimization is much better than the 9s. I was looking at both devices on Gsmarena yesterday and popular opinion places it above the 9s even in overall specs.

Agreed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sprintx24:

But they don't have exactly the specs so it will surely pull ahead. Specs is not just processor, camera is there, refresh rate is there too as well as charging. The Realme 6 Pro should be compared with the Pro Max and it still edges it out slightly because of refresh rate which Xiaomi somehow don't so much fancy for now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7135) (7136) (7137) (7138) (7139) (7140) (7141) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yusluv2014, iCauseTrouble and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.