Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9302184 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) (7151) (7152) (7153) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 12:16am On Apr 30, 2020
Who else is sticking with their Note 5Ai till further notice.
Note 9s pricing for the specification and current dollar rate is way OK but truth be told Local man no budget this kind money grin was expecting something lower.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:20am On Apr 30, 2020
Ejiphill09:
Who else is sticking with their Note 5Ai till further notice.
Note 9s pricing for the specification and current dollar rate is way OK but truth be told Local man no budget this kind money grin was expecting something lower.

People are waiting for sales to start sha.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 1:11am On Apr 30, 2020
genius43:

AliExpress is where your answer lie. The phone was only released in India and China. May the force be with you.

hehehe. starwars geek grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 2:43am On Apr 30, 2020
Sprintx24:

OH men, if your own fit stay like this, na it be say we never even start our own waiting period o... Abeg let us know when you receive am, so we sef fit know how to expect our own embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided

Honestly if jumia tries anything funny, i will find a way to hit them. They can't hold up my money for a month and claim they cancel the order because of increase in exchange rate, i v ordered before naira crashed and i know alot of juicy deals i had missed due to my money in their hands.
I'm waiting patienly for them to deliver it to me, no shaking.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 2:56am On Apr 30, 2020
I ordered for shoes from Jumia global since March 19. till date, no update. shld I b concerned?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:18am On Apr 30, 2020
yak:
I ordered for shoes from Jumia global since March 19. till date, no update. shld I b concerned?

Yes be very concerned
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 3:38am On Apr 30, 2020
yak:

Hmmmmm, not the kind of stories I want to be hearing this moment at all. I think you need to contact Jumia and find out what could be wrong. Jumia Global abeg o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:38am On Apr 30, 2020
yak:
Concerned about? Hope you read the T and C before placing your order and aware that cargoes are also affected by the LD?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have buyer's protection timeframe like AliExpress! Na to continue waiting o. Even AliExpress is now 90days against 60days protection.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CornOak(m): 5:19am On Apr 30, 2020
yak:
Congratulations to those who wld buy the new bride �. as for me, my RN7 is still serving till 2023 or thereabouts

Your head is there jare. grin Buy different designs of new cases, get a half dozen of tempered glass. In fact, you can get ND filters and tripod to take your photography/video to the next level. cheesy

2023 here you come. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:31am On Apr 30, 2020
CornOak:

Your head is there jare. grin Buy different designs of new cases, get a half dozen of tempered glass. In fact, you can get ND filters and tripod to take your photography/video to the next level. cheesy

2023 here you come. grin

2023 too far abeg.

Highest na next year sha. But at the rate phones are getting more expensive. Who knows if they'll be in the reach of working class people like us?

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:41am On Apr 30, 2020
abdsamad:

hehehe. starwars geek grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 7:03am On Apr 30, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kaysalas(m): 7:21am On Apr 30, 2020
jboixxx:
Add 5k and go get Redmi 7 from noobody but not 5000mah but 4000mah.
Hey bro, thanks a lot . I eventually got the phone from him. Really appreciate you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 7:38am On Apr 30, 2020
Redmi Note 9 Pro max will go global today. Also, the Redmi Note 9 would be unveiled. The press renders have been outed.

For those with a tighter budget, I think the RN9 is going to be a decent upgrade.

Differences btw 9 and 9s, Helio G85, 6.53" display (FHD+), 2MP Macro, 13MP selfie camera, Plastic back (12nm in glass with no active cooling...disaster), rear fingerprint scanner and 2 variants (3/64 and 4/128GB)

https://m dot gsmarena.com/redmi_note_9_press_renders_outed_mere_hours_before_the_official_unveiling-news-42942.php

Damn Antispam bot. angry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:40am On Apr 30, 2020
festwiz:
Redmi Note 9 Pro max will go global today. Also, the Redmi Note 9 would be unveiled. The press renders have been outed.

For those with a tighter budget, I think the RN9 is going to be a decent upgrade.

https://m dot gsmarena.com/redmi_note_9_press_renders_outed_mere_hours_before_the_official_unveiling-news-42942.php

Damn Antispam bot. angry

For the Anti-spam part, I used to be like you. Haq Haq Haq
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2020
jboixxx:
Concerned about? Hope you read the T and C before placing your order and aware that cargoes are also affected by the LD?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have buyer's protection timeframe like AliExpress! Na to continue waiting o. Even AliExpress is now 90days against 60days protection.
I'm concern about the delay but I'm more concerned about the cancelling of my order under the pretex of exchange rate, i v ordered before exchange rate escalated to this level and i know how many juicy deals i v missed since this order, it will be very unfair if after a month jumia calls to inform me they have cancelled the order.
Where would i starts from when everything has increased in price, even the phone i ordered for has increased by around 30k and above on aliexpress due to exchange rate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by homosapien(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2020
gidieberry:
yap, available only on beta rom from 20.3.19 and above

Good morning Sir/ma, please I need two pair of redmi 8 3g/64
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2020
homosapien:

Good morning Sir/ma, please I need two pair of redmi 8 3g/64
3/32 or 4/64?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:09am On Apr 30, 2020
seunfly:

I'm concern about the delay but I'm more concerned about the cancelling of my order under the pretex of exchange rate, i v ordered before exchange rate escalated to this level and i know how many juicy deals i v missed since this order, it will be very unfair if after a month jumia calls to inform me they have cancelled the order.
Where would i starts from when everything has increased in price, even the phone i ordered for has increased by around 30k and above on aliexpress due to exchange rate.
Has it not been shipped yet? If it hasn't been shipped, be prepared for anything.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olak4gold(m): 8:10am On Apr 30, 2020
Those that upgrade to miui 12. Please do we still need to change region to India before we access fonts or its open for all regions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2020
festwiz:

Differences btw 9 and 9s, Helio G85, 6.53" display (FHD+), 2MP Macro, 13MP selfie camera, Plastic back (12nm in glass with no active cooling...disaster), rear fingerprint scanner and 2 variants (3/64 and 4/128GB)

Damn Antispam bot. angry
G85? Upgrade?, Upgrade to What exactly? That's no Upgrade to RN8's SD 665 in my books
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2020
AirVaans:
G85? Upgrade?, Upgrade to What exactly? That's no Upgrade to RN8's SD 665 in my books
Love it or hate it, it's an upgrade. The G70 was made to compete with the 665. The G85 would probably be to compete with SD 712. Don't let your MediaTek hate cloud your judgement. I don't like MediaTek either but I can't be biased. I am waiting to see how well it performs but I put it in the SD712 range, 220k AnTuTu.

Also, it will carry 2 A75 cores that are significantly more powerful than the 4 A73 on the 665

For comparison...SD 665 v SD712.

We'll have to wait a couple of days to see early performance reviews but I can bet it will be significantly better.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 8:26am On Apr 30, 2020
jboixxx:
Has it not been shipped yet? If it hasn't been shipped, be prepared for anything.

On package history, it has not ticked the shiped box but on order details it say status: shipped.

Konga has done something similar to me 2 years ago, after ordering blender for 3 weeks, they just said it is out of stock and started disturbing me for refund of my money.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2020
seunfly:

On package history, it has not ticked the shiped box but on order details it say status: shipped.
bamac helps

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 8:33am On Apr 30, 2020
festwiz:
Love it or hate it, it's an upgrade. The G70 was made to compete with the 665. The G85 would probably be to compete with SD 712. Don't let your MediaTek hate cloud your judgement. I don't like MediaTek either but I can't be biased. I am waiting to see how well it performs but I put it in the SD712 range, 220k AnTuTu.

Also, it will carry 2 A75 cores that are significantly more powerful than the 4 A73 on the 654

We'll have to wait a couple of days to see early performance reviews but I can bet it will be significantly better.

Do u still trust mediatek Antutu score after all the allegations?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2020
festwiz:

Also, it will carry 2 A75 cores that are significantly more powerful than the 4 A73 on the 654

Baba, all these Yarns na Ogbono... We all know MTK dey cheat for benchmark... So I no dey believe all these their numbers again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2020
tellsblinks:
note 9s price is quite high. so how much would pro max cost? 100k+ I guess cry

it's so unlike xiaomi undecided

I think my note 7 3/32 is still strong and ready to last one more year grin
you are wrong sir. Note 9s is not a replacement for note 8 but note 8 pro. Infact 9s launched cheaper than 8pro did.
The replacement for note 8 is note 9 and that will be launched today in Europe, should come to Nigeria soon

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:38am On Apr 30, 2020
olak4gold:
Those that upgrade to miui 12. Please do we still need to change region to India before we access fonts or its open for all regions.

The MIUI 12 you are seeing is based on Chinese ROM and not Global ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:02am On Apr 30, 2020
seunfly:

Konga has done something similar to me 2 years ago, after ordering blender for 3 weeks, they just said it is out of stock and started disturbing me for refund of my money.
Get a chill drink and just relax. You may add clear soup to it as your item is on its way to 9ja already.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2020
seunfly:

Oga your order has been shipped, the government directives because of the pandemic is affecting orders deliveries. Your item will definitely arrive but you need to be patient, it's all. I have an order with them that was shipped since 18th of march and still yet to arrive. Just be patient.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2020
ubev01:
you are wrong sir. Note 9s is not a replacement for note 8 but note 8 pro. Infact 9s launched cheaper than 8pro did.
The replacement for note 8 is note 9 and that will be launched today in Europe, should come to Nigeria soon

grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwashedy: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2020
yak:
Congratulations to those who wld buy the new bride �. as for me, my RN7 is still serving till 2023 or thereabouts
Redmi 8 till 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) (7151) (7152) (7153) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Benediktejike and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.