Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9175461 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
olanreyman:

If I abuse this guy now they would say I don start. For you to sit down somewhere in the Bush to type my phone is clone simply tells everyone here you lack sense
Ode you just bought phone dey defend am according to level wey your mentality reach. Be realistic for once and not bias because you own the phone
you ma rest na ,must you get walked up always
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olamyyde(m): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
isco10:

Just look n waka next time
Mehn I can't stand by watching someone constantly dropping disinformation o. I have already said I will never quote him again in my life so I will only reply people he is misinforming.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
genius43:

That depends on how far the exchange rate can improve, that is all I can say.

Economy recovery is not a fast process. But falling is faster.
Alright then I guess I can't save up Reason being that I have no idea when it all gonna be over(or when everything is going back to normal)

so I rather go for the one my money reach now so that maybe later I can swap it for a new RN9S

So can u please suggest a worthy phone at my budget(60k)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
Spunkyspunk10:

Alright then I guess I can't save up Reason being that I have no idea when it all gonna be over(or when everything is going back to normal)

so I rather go for the one my money reach now so that maybe later I can swap it for a new RN9S

Go and get note 7 (4/64gb) or the note 8 (3/32gb). They are still good devices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
EmpireRaMses01:

Are the prices likely to drop if things get back to normal after the lockdown??
this is official pricing not market pricing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Go and get note 7 (4/64gb) or the note 8 (3/32gb). They are still good devices.
I am to pick one so which should I actually go for?
Which is better and worth it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
I was looking at the 6/128 but this one big pass me.

Lemme continue with my RN7 till RNX go show. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nonso92(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Let me jejely stick with my Mi 9.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Spunkyspunk10:

Look for RN7, RN8 or RN8T deals.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yusfatedeeprof(m): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
genius43:
Redmi Note 9S pricing

1. Nigeria

2. Kenya

3. Morocco
Looks like it's cheapest in Nigeria.... Right?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Dollar rise aside...I don't think the pricing is expensive TBH..maybe apart from d 4gb variant Sha...but the 6gb variant is reasonable to me in every sense cause how much was RN8 pro 6gb 128gb last year??

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
odizeey:
4 gig ram?
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
genius43:

Look for RN7, RN8 or RN8T deals.
But is the RN7 DAT good?

...that I should consider it over the rest?( The RN8 AND 8T)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:

Looks like it's cheapest in Nigeria.... Right?

Yes it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
Spunkyspunk10:

But is the RN7 DAT good?

...can I consider it over the rest?( The RN8 AND 8T)

The others are slightly better especially in the battery department due to better efficiency though and a wider camera array. But other that RN7 is still a very good device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
genius43:

The others are slightly better especially in the battery department due to better efficiency though and a wider camera array. But other that RN7 is still a very good device.

. cuz due to what I had heard about it it's like it's better than the rest of them

.. that's why I'm asking if I can consider it over the rest?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:
Well.. 78,900 - 4gb/128gb
88,900 - 6gb/128

oh wow...
ordering soon then...

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Spunkyspunk10:

. cuz due to what I had heard about it it's like it's better than the rest of them

.. that's why I'm asking if I can consider it over the rest?

It is not better than the rest TBH they out perform themselves in several scenarios but overall I will suggest you pick the RN8 or RN8T (I have differentiated them before go to my profile and look through my posts).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
Spunkyspunk10:

But which one of them exactly is worthy?
And should I eventually end up with??

For processing:

The RN7's SD660AIE and the RN8's SD665 are actually very close in terms of processing power. They're built using the same type of cores but in different processes. The SD660 is overclocked and produces a bit more processing power. Very tiny. Almost negligible sometimes but it is susceptible to heating up which causes throttling problems and drains battery more than the RN8. The RN8 SD665 on the other hand is built on a smaller process and conserves battery more and doesn't heat as much.
For gaming, the SD660 seems more optimized and supported for gaming but hopefully RN8 will receive support with time.
RN8 has a better GPU than the RN7.

Cameras na RN8 win am

Battery conservation na RN8 win am too. RN8 has a better battery life.

For the rest points, they're mostly on par tho.

I'd say go for the RN8. All round, it's the better device.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
genius43:

It is not better than the rest TBH they out perform themselves in several scenarios but overall I will suggest you pick the RN8 or RN8T (I have differentiated them before go to my profile and look through my posts).
Okay I sure will
Thanks alot I really appreciate

But one more thing what about the price of them??
Do u have any idea?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
atheistandproud:

For processing:

The RN7's SD660AIE and the RN8's SD665 are actually very close in terms of processing power. They're built using the same type of cores but in different processes. The SD660 is overclocked and produces a bit more processing power. Very tiny. Almost negligible sometimes but it is susceptible to heating up with causes throttling problems and drains battery more. The RN8 SD665 on the other hand is built on a smaller process and conserves battery more and doesn't heat as much.
For gaming, the SD660 seems more optimized and supported for gaming but hopefully RN8 will receive support with time.
RN8 has a better GPU than the RN7.

Cameras na RN8 win am

Battery conservation na RN8 win am too. RN8 has a better battery life.

For the rest points, they're mostly on par tho.

I'd say go for the RN8. All round, it's the better device.
Thank you!
current Price??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2020
Spunkyspunk10:

Okay I sure will
Thanks alot I really appreciate

But one more thing what about the price of them??
Do u have any idea?

I don't have an idea. Look through the thread store and ask questions pertaining sales, purchases and deals there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by odizeey(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
xoftxoul:

Yes
thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
genius43:

I don't have an idea. Look through the thread store and ask questions pertaining sales, purchases and deals there.
Done!

But the current price of the RN8T and RN8 is mind blowing cheesy

As for the The RN7 isn't available now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spunkyspunk10(m): 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2020
Will the RN9s be available for sale in physical stores like Slot and Pointek by next week? I couldn't watch the live event.

cc: genius43, Tiger2020, Atheistandproud
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
festwiz:
Will the RN9s be available for sale in physical stores like Slot and Pointek by next week? I couldn't watch the live event.

cc: genius.43, Tiger.2020, Atheistand.proud

I will let you know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
I want to order for redmi 8 from jumia, they are saying it will take 21 to 25 days for the device to arrive. Considering the convid 19 pandemic and the current lockdown in Nigeria, is it advisable to proceed with the order or I should wait a bit? Alternatively, can I get it here in Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:
Well..
78,900 - 4gb/128gb

88,900 - 6gb/128

Finally, it seems those of us who took the Jumia Global option got better deals. I got the 6/128gig variant for 82k plus shipping and custom duty. I am even sure most sellers on Jumia will still retail at a higher price than what Xiaomi just announced. Hoping my device gets delivered safely though.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by talut(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sprintx24:

Finally, it seems those of us who took the Jumia Global option got better deals. I got the 6/128gig variant for 82k plus shipping and custom duty. I am even sure most sellers on Jumia will still retail at a higher price than what Xiaomi just announced. Hoping my device gets delivered safely though.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

good for you... everyone will start adjusting their prices adequately
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sprintx24:

If only I had known and raise my budget by just 5k.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I had this yeye false belief that the price would be cheaper. Egungun don enter express.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
festwiz:

cc: genius43, Tiger2020, Atheistandproud

Bros will inform you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7144) (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Solidarity9490(m), lovediehatelive(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.