Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9386832 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7166) (7167) (7168) (7169) (7170) (7171) (7172) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 7:48pm On May 02, 2020
Please who can help me with the LTE bands that MTN, GLO and AIRTEL use in Nigeria.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2020
xoftxoul:
Please who can help me with the LTE bands that MTN, GLO and AIRTEL use in Nigeria.
Thanks
MTN -band 7 and 20
Glo- band 28 and recently launched band 3
Airtel- band 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:12pm On May 02, 2020
bwehdoneit:

Wow! OK, will search for it after the Covid 19 wahala.

Remove Spaces
https :// a. aliexpress. com/_dXxIaob
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:15pm On May 02, 2020
HolyTitus:
okay Thank you Boss

I was kidding
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 8:39pm On May 02, 2020
Tiger2020:
MTN -band 7 and 20
Glo- band 28 and recently launched band 3
Airtel- band 3
thank you very much big boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bwehdoneit(m): 9:12pm On May 02, 2020
genius43:

Remove Spaces
https :// a. aliexpress. com/_dXxIaob

OK, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meklex(m): 9:23pm On May 02, 2020
Mi 9t is very heavy for me. I handled Samsung S10 today, and I am immediately not satisfied with the weight of my Mi 9t. Is there any compact Xiaomi phone like S10?

PS: I want something high end.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:34pm On May 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Game nah game joor....... wink

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 9:37pm On May 02, 2020
festwiz:

What people don't realize is that, these days, smaller phones may be more expensive. Why?

1. Battery Size

The larger screen means a bigger frame and therefore more space to fit in a larger battery. A lot of manufacturers for these components are designing them around larger display sizes. Therefore, if you want a smaller device, say 5" or even less, are you ready to deal with 2500mAh or 3000mAh batteries? If yes, next point.

2. Screen Resolution

With a battery capacity so small, you'll most likely have to settle for a lower screen resolution. Yes, there are older flagship devices with similarly sized batteries and QHD screens, but you'll have to realize the flagship SoCs and the display scaling tech they use in order to give the devices more screen on time and longer usage per charge. Still okay will that, well...

3. Price

Now, we've covered two major aspects where the size matters and now we're here. OEMs like Samsung can afford to make smaller devices if they want too. They have the R&grin team and the money to spend on making new components for these devices. That leaves you with a device that has to be expensive in order to meet all that manufacturing costs.

If Xiaomi decides to make a smaller device with a price tag of say $500, would you be willing to make a purchase? Even the iPhone SE that aimed to bring back the small form factor had to use old iPhone 8 components (4.7" display, 1821mAh battery, Single 7mp camera...etc) and changed only the SoC and battery connector clip...and all that costs $450 (64GB).

Do you still want a small screen phone?

But my phone is 5.45 inches at 4000mah and the battery out-lastes phones with bigger screens at the same battery capacity,Screen is sharp at 294 dpi, To me specs determine the price and not screen size,And this phone is cheaper than other phones with bigger screen of the same specs, that being said i still prefer smaller screens because of ease of use
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:01pm On May 02, 2020
Buying a redmi 7a phone no box, no charger, and is still new, is it safe? Is it even possible for it to be actually new?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrboluu: 10:17pm On May 02, 2020
Does anyone have redmi k30 for sale
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 02, 2020
Playermayweda:

But my phone is 5.45 inches at 4000mah and the battery out-lastes phones with bigger screens at the same battery capacity,Screen is sharp at 294 dpi, To me specs determine the price and not screen size,And this phone is cheaper than other phones with bigger screen of the same specs, that being said i still prefer smaller screens because of ease of use

which phone ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2020
Playermayweda:

Don't you know the smaller the screen and resolution the better the battery life. He was talking of phones with full HD and QHD

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 11:32pm On May 02, 2020
Meklex:
Mi 9t is very heavy for me. I handled Samsung S10 today, and I am immediately not satisfied with the weight of my Mi 9t. Is there any compact Xiaomi phone like S10?

Mi 9 se
Mi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture1(m): 12:33am On May 03, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
Buying a redmi 7a phone no box, no charger, and is still new, is it safe? Is it even possible for it to be actually new?
Please I need an answer to this

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:20am On May 03, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
Follow your heart but take your brain with you!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 2:25am On May 03, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
The owner threw away the box and the charger?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:36am On May 03, 2020
genius43:

Video don't work on any GCam for Redmi 8
there's one that has working video tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2020
Please guys, my Redmi Note 4x has refused to go into recovery mode (Volume Up + Power Button) for over 3 days now. It just stops at the MI logo and refuses to proceed or shut down. However, it goes into Fastboot Mode (Volume down + Power Button) when I try that option. I need to restore this phone back to factory settings even if it means losing every data in it since I have tried to recover the data without success. Any help and guidance will be very much appreciated. Thanks and good morning lovelies...

cc GrandMufti genius43 protein0 Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture1(m): 7:01am On May 03, 2020
jboixxx:
Follow your heart but take your brain with you!
The seller is actually here on NL

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 7:02am On May 03, 2020
Meklex:

Mi 10 will be greate for u, though s10 wieght is 157gram while mi 10 weight is 208gram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 7:03am On May 03, 2020
Sprintx24:
Please guys, my Redmi Note 4x has refused to go into recovery mode (Volume Up + Power Button) for over 3 days now. It just stops at the MI logo and refuses to proceed or shut down. However, it goes into Fastboot Mode (Volume down + Power Button) when I try that option. I need to restore this phone back to factory settings even if it means losing every data in it since I have tried to recover the data without success. Any help and guidance will be very much appreciated. Thanks and good morning lovelies...

cc GrandMufti genius43 protein0 Gptech
press and hold your Power button for 2mins... No matter what you see on the screen, keep on holding it till it starts it's normal booting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 7:08am On May 03, 2020
Hargbo:
press and hold your Power button for 2mins... No matter what you see on the screen, keep on holding it till it starts it's normal booting

Thanks, let me try this now....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2020
Hargbo:

Unfortunately, it didn't work... Been holding it for 5 mins now but it's just staring at me and my fingers are already hurting embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 7:31am On May 03, 2020
Despite the Fact that the price of the RN9S in Nigeria were displayed during the Launch, the Official Xiaomi Social Media Platforms has refused to give in to that... They keep saying the official Price would be announced soon.... Does it mean that they are not going with the price displayed during the Launch?, are they planning to increase or reduce it?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:33am On May 03, 2020
Kallmerb:
there's one that has working video tho

You can share it with him
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:34am On May 03, 2020
AirVaans:
Despite the Fact that the price of the RN9S in Nigeria were displayed during the Launch, the Official Xiaomi Social Media Platforms has refused to give in to that... They keep saying the official Price would be announced soon.... Does it mean that they are not going with the price displayed during the Launch?, are they planning to increase or reduce it?

You guys asks questions no one here can answer. Wait it out. No one here works with Xiaomi Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 7:37am On May 03, 2020
Sprintx24:

Unfortunately, it didn't work... Been holding it for 5 mins now but it's just staring at me and my fingers are already hurting embarassed embarassed embarassed
The same thing happened to my Redmi note 5a prime back then when it fell inside water.. I allowed the battery to drain itself when it get stuck on the logon logo even though it took three days for the battery to drain out. After this I charged it and it got stuck again on the same screen, I pressed and hold the power button for several minutes before it reboots back to be a normal phone...

Maybe some of the Oga's in the house can help you out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 7:39am On May 03, 2020
genius43:

You guys asks questions no one here can answer. Wait it out. No one here works with Xiaomi Nigeria.

Bro, kindly attend to my question above if you can. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 7:39am On May 03, 2020
Hargbo:

The same thing happened to my Redmi note 5a prime back then when it fell inside water.. I allowed the battery to drain itself when it get stuck on the logon logo even though it took three days for the battery to drain out. After this I charged it and it got stuck again on the same screen, I pressed and hold the power button for several minutes before it reboots back to be a normal phone...

Maybe some of the Oga's in the house can help you out

Thanks for your effort bro, I appreciate...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:44am On May 03, 2020
Sprintx24:

Bro, kindly attend to my question above if you can. Thanks

The suggestion given above is the same thing I would have given you can wait for suggestions from GrandMufti or Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 7:49am On May 03, 2020
genius43:

The suggestion given above is the same thing I would have given you can wait for suggestions from GrandMufti or Gptech

Okay, thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7166) (7167) (7168) (7169) (7170) (7171) (7172) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.