Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9477739 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7167) (7168) (7169) (7170) (7171) (7172) (7173) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:02am On May 03, 2020
Sprintx24:
Please guys, my Redmi Note 4x has refused to go into recovery mode (Volume Up + Power Button) for over 3 days now. It just stops at the MI logo and refuses to proceed or shut down. However, it goes into Fastboot Mode (Volume down + Power Button) when I try that option. I need to restore this phone back to factory settings even if it means losing every data in it since I have tried to recover the data without success. Any help and guidance will be very much appreciated. Thanks and good morning lovelies...

cc Gran dMufti ge nius43 pr otein0 Gpte ch

Since you don't care about losing your files, flashing is the only way now. Download mi flash tool and fastboot rom.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meklex(m): 8:29am On May 03, 2020
seunfly:

Mi 10 will be greate for u, though s10 wieght is 157gram while mi 10 weight is 208gram
that's a lot heavier than Mi 9t

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meklex(m): 8:33am On May 03, 2020
xoftxoul:

Mi 9 se
Mi 9

looks good, but I don't like notch

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 8:36am On May 03, 2020
I just hope most of these youtube reviews are exaggerating about the screen/display issues of the RN9s or it is not as bad as they potray it.

I really hope to get the phone and i look forward to getting a nice experience for the first time using a xiaomi device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:40am On May 03, 2020
Sprintx24:

Unfortunately, it didn't work... Been holding it for 5 mins now but it's just staring at me and my fingers are already hurting embarassed embarassed embarassed
Is the bootloader unlocked? Device is soft bricked. Try power button + volume up when you on Fastboot mode to enter recovery and see if you can do a factory reset from there.
If that doesn't work and bootloader is unlocked, you'll need to download the Fastboot rom and flash with mi flash tool with pc. If bootloader is locked, you'll need to flash the Fastboot rom with test points.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:43am On May 03, 2020
Gptech:

Is the bootloader unlocked? Device is soft bricked. Try power button + volume up when you on Fastboot mode to enter recovery and see if you can do a factory reset from there.
If that doesn't work and bootloader is unlocked, you'll need to download the Fastboot rom and flash with mi flash tool with pc. If bootloader is locked, you'll need to flash the Fastboot rom with test points.
baba how far? Been a while
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:43am On May 03, 2020
ladykilllar:
I just hope most of these youtube reviews are exaggerating about the screen/display issues of the RN9s or it is not as bad as they potray it.

I really hope to get the phone and i look forward to getting a nice experience for the first time using a xiaomi device.
Surprisingly, price from China, the redmi note 8 pro is still more expensive than the redmi note 9s on the same ram and rom capacity.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:45am On May 03, 2020
macbeyland:
baba how far? Been a while
We dey oooo, blike you dey on sabbatical before wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:46am On May 03, 2020
Gptech:

We dey oooo, blike you dey on sabbatical before wink.
My brother, na corona render man business redundant. Enough demand, no supply. God pass devil all the time sha. We are coming back stronger.
I should have some phones for sale from this week, and already making arrangement for note 9s.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2020
ladykilllar:

I am sure the issue won't be as wide as portrayed. If it was as bad as it is, it won't be on YouTube alone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2020
macbeyland:

My brother, na corona render man business redundant. Enough demand, no supply. God pass devil all the time sha. We are coming back stronger.
I should have some phones for sale from this week, and already making arrangement for note 9s.

Queenfav was asking of Mi Air purifier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:55am On May 03, 2020
macbeyland:

Chai! You go surely bounce back stronger. Hopefully, the wait is over.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:56am On May 03, 2020
There is no need

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 9:07am On May 03, 2020
genius43:

I am sure the issue won't be as wide as portrayed. If it was as bad as it is, it won't be on YouTube alone.

Yeah i figured, i don't think there's a perfect smartphone though.
If it's negligible i still won't mind.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:08am On May 03, 2020
Tiger2020:
There is no need
Internet and privacy ain't friends o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 9:08am On May 03, 2020
macbeyland:

Surprisingly, price from China, the redmi note 8 pro is still more expensive than the redmi note 9s on the same ram and rom capacity.

I noticed too

I love the huge size of the RN9s, i like large phones actually

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:09am On May 03, 2020
ladykilllar:

I noticed too

I love the huge size of the RN9s, i like large phones actually

Mi Max lovers showing themselves
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 9:09am On May 03, 2020
GrandMufti:

Since you don't care about losing your files, flashing is the only way now. Download mi flash tool and fastboot rom.

Thanks, will any version of mi flash tool work? Also, any specific link to download the fastboot rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 9:14am On May 03, 2020
genius43:

Mi Max lovers showing themselves

grin grin grin

You have an idea of any of those max phones within the range of 80-90k with cool specs asides RN9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:14am On May 03, 2020
ladykilllar:

grin grin grin

You have an idea of any of those max phones within the range of 80-90k with cool specs asides RN9s

Max series have been discontinued
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 9:21am On May 03, 2020
genius43:

Max series have been discontinued

Oops
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2020
Gptech:

Thank you... I don't think my bootloader is unlocked or at least I don't know how to check its status and don't think that will be possible now that my phone can't come up. To the second option, how do I flash fastboot rom with test points? Thanks again...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 9:34am On May 03, 2020
ladykilllar:

grin grin grin

I think note 9s should stand has latest max for max lovers. I doubt xaiomi will make max series any better, may be additional 500mah or so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 9:50am On May 03, 2020
seunfly:

I think note 9s should stand has latest max for max lovers. I doubt xaiomi will make max series any better, may be additional 500mah or so.

Yeah, pretty large phone i must say

Make e sha land make we see as e dey go
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 9:50am On May 03, 2020
cc Gptech GrandMufti Genius43.... I got this image, which is the correct one am downloading. Recovery/System or Fastboot/MI flash?

Gptech, still waiting for steps to flash through test points. Thanks!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2020
Playermayweda:

But my phone is 5.45 inches at 4000mah and the battery out-lastes phones with bigger screens at the same battery capacity,Screen is sharp at 294 dpi, To me specs determine the price and not screen size,And this phone is cheaper than other phones with bigger screen of the same specs, that being said i still prefer smaller screens because of ease of use

Post your device. Let's check the dimensions. I do hope it's not a phone from 2015 with a 16:9 screen and the size of a tablet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2020
Sprintx24:
cc Gptech GrandMufti Genius43.... I got this image, which is the correct one am downloading. Recovery/System or Fastboot/MI flash?

Gptech, still waiting for steps to flash through test points. Thanks!

Fastboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2020
festwiz:

Post your device. Let's check the dimensions. I do hope it's not a phone from 2015 with a 16:9 screen and the size of a tablet?

Redmi 7a, I am guessing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jimikata(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2020
It seems mi 9 is no longer available.., ve search both jumia and AliExpress can't find any.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:30am On May 03, 2020
Which MIUI version is the best for battery management?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
Which MIUI version is the best for battery management?

No specific MIUI
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:37am On May 03, 2020
jimikata:
It seems mi 9 is no longer available.., ve search both jumia and AliExpress can't find any.

Yea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7167) (7168) (7169) (7170) (7171) (7172) (7173) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.