Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9300589 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reptile1: 7:21am On May 07, 2017
This OTP stuff is quite hectic @ first trial. This is how it goes for those who aren't aware about it.

If u are using a uba MasterCard for online transaction an OTP is needed. Now let's make one thing clear.

OTP generated by quickteller from ATM machine is totally different from OTP giving to u by ur bank.

Now this my personal experience. I own a uba MasterCard. Visited an ATM machine to obtain OTP. @ first it wasn't successful probably network issues. Went again and did exact same tin and it worked. A six digit code was sent to my phone. But In my own conviction I wasn't satisfied cos it seems an OTP for local transaction eg, interbank transfer, paying local bills eg, electricity and buying recharge cards is what I achieved. This services is provided by quickteller not my bank.

I decided to mail uba demanding to be profiled for OTP and they responded swiftly. They asked for my account number, last four digits on my ATM card and my phone number.
I provided everytin as requested. Surprisingly they called me and asked for relevant Info's about the account which I replied accordingly. This whole interactions starterd yesterday and now, I got a mail from uba that my account has been activated to receive OTP whenever I wanna make an online transaction. That's all

This Chinese men don't wanna hasten my appeal approval. Dont know their headache

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 7:31am On May 07, 2017
reptile1:
This OTP stuff is quite hectic @ first trial. This is how it goes for those who aren't aware about it.

If u are using a uba MasterCard for online transaction an OTP is needed. Now let's make one thing clear.

OTP generated by quickteller from ATM machine is totally different from OTP giving to u by ur bank.

Now this my personal experience. I own a uba MasterCard. Visited an ATM machine to obtain OTP. @ first it wasn't successful probably network issues. Went again and did exact same tin and it worked. A six digit code was sent to my phone. But In my own conviction I wasn't satisfied cos it seems an OTP for local transaction eg, interbank transfer, paying local bills eg, electricity and buying recharge cards is what I achieved. This services is provided by quickteller not my bank.

I decided to mail uba demanding to be profiled for OTP and they responded swiftly. They asked for my account number, last four digits on my ATM card and my phone number.
I provided everytin as requested. Surprisingly they called me and asked for relevant Info's about the account which I replied accordingly. This whole interactions starterd yesterday and now, I got a mail from uba that my account has been activated to receive OTP whenever I wanna make an online transaction. That's all

This Chinese men don't wanna hasten my appeal approval. Dont know their headache

nice one bro, really helpful. my transaction tomorrow at the bank would be straight to the point. kindly help with the UBA email.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 7:38am On May 07, 2017
Finally....ban or no ban, we keep pushing....
Seen lotta UBA complaints and I'm kinda shocked cos e nor reach my side o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:39am On May 07, 2017
organism3:

Dem never ban me
The last moniker's post on this thread when I checked my followed thread was you, but when I clicked, I saw the last two posts already deleted and your moniker was no where to be found. The only conclusion was either the 2 or 1 of the posts was yours! My apologies if my conclusion was wrong.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reptile1: 7:44am On May 07, 2017
BluePearls:

nice one bro, really helpful. my transaction tomorrow at the bank would be straight to the point. kindly help with the UBA email.

cfc@ubagroup.com

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2017
adamix:
Nobody will know that this my redmi 4a was bought at $89... hasn't hanged since i bought it,about 3 weeks now...battery is very good (11hrs SOT).. performance is decent, surpassed my expectations cos i was coming from an htc m8 and expected a massive downgrade in performance,but its all good...
Just need a fine case and glass now to start prouding about.

Can you give me a link to the store you bought if from? Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 8:16am On May 07, 2017
gabylzy:

Same here
Let's see if another update would fix it

Any advantage of the new update if battery drain is still an issue. Please I need an urgent response before I proceed to updating mine. Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:18am On May 07, 2017
Back!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2017
fibonacci2526:
Back!!!!!!!

Yay!!!

Welcome back, welcome back, WELCOME BACK cool grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 8:28am On May 07, 2017
Dockybae:
I have ten thousand. Any good phone for sale pls!

10k dollars, plenty phone day ground
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:28am On May 07, 2017
Side note: Abeg who be lawyer here...Uba has been sending my SMS alerts and OTP to another person's number...I NEVER asked for a number change, neither did I fill any form...It just started like 3weeks back....epp me

Welcome Fibonacci2526

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2017
emaminaj:
Side note: Abeg who be lawyer here...Uba has been sending my SMS alerts and OTP to another person's number...I NEVER asked for a number change, neither did I fill any form...It just started like 3weeks back....epp me

Welcome Fibonacci2526

Is that why he was picked up by the DSS? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On May 07, 2017
Holuwaxheun:
Hi family.

What is ur view about this phone

Original UMIDIGI C NOTE MT6737T Quad-core Android 7.0 Smartphone 5.5 Inch 3800mAh 3G RAM 32G ROM 13MP Fingerprint Mobile Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/aUjAjyaE
(from AliExpress Android)

Have you bought the Umidigi C Note ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Have you bought the Umidigi C Note ?

Bros... Still no full review of the Umidigi C Note from you after the first impression you gave.

Hope it hasn't disappointed sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On May 07, 2017
lagosboy3:

Bros... Still no full review of the Umidigi C Note from you after the first impression you gave.

Hope it hasn't disappointed sha.

I already posted a short review. Would post another review after 2 weeks of full use. But I am really enjoying the phone. Had an issue with the proximity sensor (downloaded an app from the playstore, issue fixed).

The hardware & software, so far. FLUID & DURABLE ....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2017
seyema:
If you have Redmi Note 4 global for sale, quote me pls

I have a note 4 3/64gig mtk variant for sale. If interested, contact me on whatsapp with 09094322955

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:12am On May 07, 2017
Welcome back, madam Fibonacci2526.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2017
New redmi note 4x coming in latest Wednesday, alert me if u need it in Abuja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2017
Hey there, guys. I'm having issues buying with my GTB Mastercard. After getting to the page where I request for otp, the next page doesn't have any box to input the otp...It's weird af. I've done Quickteller activation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gabylzy(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2017
Sprintx24:

Any advantage of the new update if battery drain is still an issue. Please I need an urgent response before I proceed to updating mine. Thanks!

If you aren't experiencing battery drain on your current MIUI version
Stick with it then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:28am On May 07, 2017
Brand New Xiaomi Redmi note 4x with 3 extra tempered glass and a silicon case for sale.
Contact me via whatsapp: 0 8 1 6 4 4 6 0 7 0 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gabylzy(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2017
Sprintx24:

How did you update to 8.2 MIUI? And how is the battery performance? Please guide me on how to change my font, I can only change theme. Thanks!

The phone changing is it using a third party font from Let's say ifont?
Or direct font from the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:31am On May 07, 2017
jboixxx:
Welcome back, madam Fibonacci2526.
emaminaj:

Welcome Fibonacci2526
lagosboy3:

Yay!!!

Welcome back, welcome back, WELCOME BACK cool grin

Thanks y'all grin,

Dem con ban my brother princetom1, freedom of speech no dey again? Sad development.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2017
gabylzy:

The phone changing is it using a third party font from Let's say ifont?
Or direct font from the phone?

I didn't get you properly. I noticed that I can't change font on my phone. I downloaded Hifont which is a third party app, but it still didn't work for me. How do I go about it? Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:19am On May 07, 2017
emaminaj:

Welcome Fibonacci2526

It's usually the number attached to your account. Check your online profile to verify the current number attached to your account.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gykes(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2017
shakol91:
@ nadalion, my 1cent advice for you is to get PC and chat with https://aaccphp.ubagroup.com/CFC/webchatLogin.php. Goodluck

Tnx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 10:33am On May 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

It's usually the number attached to your account. Check your online profile to verify the current number attached to your account.

They send to both my actual number and this other number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gykes(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2017
iliyande:
New redmi note 4x coming in latest Wednesday, alert me if u need it in Abuja

I'm in ABJ....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2017
gykes:

I'm in ABJ....

Alright, make an offer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:59am On May 07, 2017
emaminaj:

They send to both my actual number and this other number

That means the person does not only get otp, but debit and credit alert. Better go and rectify that error. The person can also use short code to empty your account, if he manages to get your account number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 11:27am On May 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

That means the person does not only get otp, but debit and credit alert. Better go and rectify that error. The person can also use short code to empty your account, if he manages to get your account number

Yea the person gets both otp, debit and credit alerts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samunosuke(m): 12:03pm On May 07, 2017
I'm not sure which oracle I offended or deity I slighted but I have been stuck in appeal hell for about a month now. I've appealed 3 times and they have all been accepted but each time I try to order, straight to another appeal. I have used access visa, gtbank mastercard, fidelity mastercard, firstbank prepaid visa and union masyercard all to no avail.

2 cc agents insist that Mastercard debit isn't supported on AliExpress but from reading this thread, I know better. My major problem is that I was able to successfully buy $50 worth of alipocket which I am now unable to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eddie7 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.