Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9245726 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) (7488) (7489) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xiaomi just dey fling phone everywhere with reckless abandon.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mi mix alpha, only 500 pieces built. Just for testing.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
LtChisom:
Xiaomi just dey fling phone everywhere with reckless abandon.

This phone is about 3 months old.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
LtChisom:
Mi mix alpha, only 500 pieces built. Just for testing.
all these ones na for people with too much money sha cheesy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
Obascoetubi:
what about screen problem am seeing about note 9?
Hahahahahaha grin

Screen problems indeed. The screen is so good it's a problem. People will pick an isolated case and make it a standard.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AGEofVOTRON: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Technically I'm OK with the Processor on my RN8, it's serving me well as I'm not a heavy user.... My Picture quality is decent enough using GCAM... It's the same UI and Interface on my RN8, that's still on the RN9S and basically almost all Xiaomi devices.... Wetin I wan come jump from RN8 to RN9S for?... Abeg make I jejely dey wait for MIUI12 Jare

16 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Redmi Note 9 Pro (Global Version) Doesn't support GLO 4G?

Modified:

It supports Glo 4G
Senior collegue, na slap been dey wait you like this ooo. ...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bahddo:
lol. It's mostly people who don't use phones that see problems with them grin

I haven't seen/used the Redmi Note 9, so I can't really say anything about 'screen issues'. The RN9 pro unit that I use has no screen issues though. It's an all-round darling. If you are looking to buy it (and it's within your budget), don't hesitate.
na note 9s get screen problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
EpochofPowerRangers has returned. Mo ya look away...

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
festwiz:

Hahahahahaha grin

Screen problems indeed. The screen is so good it's a problem. People will pick an isolated case an make it a standard.
they said note 9s get screen problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
AGEofVOTRON:
Technically I'm OK with the Processor on my RN8, it's serving me well as I'm not a heavy user.... My Picture quality is decent enough using GCAM... It's the same UI and Interface on my RN8, that's still on the RN9S and basically almost all Xiaomi devices.... Wetin I wan come jump from RN8 to RN9S for?... Abeg make I jejely dey wait for MIUI12 Jare

We'll go and wait for Redmi Note 11.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

We'll go and wait for Redmi Note 11.

Don't feed a troll.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
genius43:

A lot of People are using those phones without screen issues.
i means note 9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

What about it?
screen bleeding / burning
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
Obascoetubi:
they said note 9s get screen problem

One Indian reviewer had a screen bleed issue with his review unit and people started passing it around as a general problem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bahddo:
have no worries about the note 9 series battery. I use the pro and it's a monster. On days I play games like a freak (PUBG, CoDM, PES2020 among my favourites), I still manage to get more than 10hrs screen on time, and I've never had to charge twice in a day since I bought it.

Some days ago when I really had time to press the phone all day (medium usage - zoom calls for hours, some twitter banter, some gaming, reading novels, web surfing, watching Twitch streams etc), and waited to see how long it would last, I was mind-blown.

EDIT: not sure why the scrollshot (2nd pic) looks terrible after uploading. Perhaps NL compresses assets.
use ur phone to snap some pix & upload here, make we see camera quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Utchaykuku(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
Thanks so much guys, finally but my first redmi device after cicurmnavigating through PH.. Thanks guys..87k sha was d last one I got..

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
festwiz:

One Indian reviewer had a screen bleed issue with his review unit and people started passing it around as a general problem.
even users on gsmarena
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

Na you dey do yourself
how sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
VictorVance:

How come Xiaomi replaced the RGB notification light with a bland white light on the note 7 and 8? Dont know about the note 9 series though.
Its same on note 9 but tinier for pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Davidinho712(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2020
Please where can I get the redmi note 9s in benin apart from K-ultra cause it's too far from where I live.
I checked slot at airport road, they said they don't have it yet..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
Obascoetubi:
what about screen problem am seeing about note 9?
Which screen problem abobi? Just minor bleeding at the front camera that is ignorable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Qsand:

Jesus
Na gospel truth she preach give you, or you fit experiment make we dey refer others to learn from you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harry2sexy(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Davidinho712:
Please where can I get the redmi note 9s in benin apart from K-ultra cause it's too far from where I live.
You got to slot, y didn't u just use one mind to enter azagba mobile?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
genius43:

This phone is about 3 months old.
Am just seeing it now, infact na the black shark 2 aliexpress show me make i buy, as I wan go read the spec, I saw 3.
But xiaomi is versatile and too busy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Obascoetubi:
even users on gsmarena

reader opinions. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
LtChisom:

Which screen problem abobi? Just minor bleeding at the front camera that is ignorable.

That's not bleeding that's uneven backlight because of the punch hole. It affects all LCD displays with a punch hole.

Screen bleeding is when the backlight appears to "bleed" or leak from the edges of the display probably due to a faulty panel or gap between the display due to poor production quality.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
Utchaykuku:
Thanks so much guys, finally but my first redmi device after cicurmnavigating through PH.. Thanks guys..87k sha was d last one I got..
am happy for u I go join the 9s train soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
LtChisom:

note 9 pro also bleed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AGEofVOTRON: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
Davidinho712:
K-Ultra doesn't have it, was there on Monday to get an MTN sim, I use style ask, they said they done have... Don't know about now sha... Check Slot at Ekenwan Road
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
festwiz:

That's not bleeding that's uneven backlight because of the punch hole. It affects all LCD displays with a punch hole.

Screen bleeding is when the backlight appears to "bleed" or leak from the edges of the display probably due to a faulty panel or gap between the display due to poor production quality.
Ok, that was what I read according to a reviewer in youtube before I bought mine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
LtChisom:

Am just seeing it now, infact na the black shark 2 aliexpress show me make i buy, as I wan go read the spec, I saw 3.
But xiaomi is versatile and too busy.

Something for everyone. No matter your budget, there's something an amazing smart device for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) (7488) (7489) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.