Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,633 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9174314 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omuka: 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
sajmark:

you exaggerated by saying "heavy usage"... you got 15hours SOT no doubt but it wasn't on heavy usage.
it's on heavy usage. I'm a heavy phone user for your information.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
Omuka:
I get 15 hours SOT on heavy usage from 100 to 0. And I still feel my battery can do better.
15hrs is good.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blankstare(m): 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
genius43:

Fear God bros

Boss, Can't calls be recorded on rn8?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
Omuka:
lolx, it's alright bro... enjoy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Omuka:

Which phone bros
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Blankstare:

Boss, Can't calls be recorded on rn8?

For now no, until Google rolls out it's call recording feature on its Dailer which is currently on Beta testing.

Meanwhile download a third party app like Total Recall Pro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
Omuka:

What is your definition of heavy usage?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Heavy usage is a relative term tho. Someone may watch movies throughout the day and surf the net intermittently while another person may play few hours of online games in addition to surfing the net and music.

Who is the real heavy user here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Omuka:
I swear to God. Haba why would i lie?

I am not saying you are lying but heavy usage which in most cases is gaming won't get you 15 hours Screen On Time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
Kennyflyair:
Heavy usage is a relative term tho. Someone may watch movies throughout the day and surf the net intermittently while another person may play few hours of online games in addition to surfing the net and music.

The second is not even a heavy user, IMO it is mid to heavy usage.

There are people who play Games back to back while running VPNs at the same time on their phones, as well as screen recording. This is a heavy user.

Then their are those who use their phone for videography, that is heavy usage as well.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
Kennyflyair:

Anything that's not tasking on the SoC for extended hours of SoT is not heavy usage. Spending 8 hours on WhatsApp and 4 hours watching movies is light to moderate use. Playing games like CoD, for 7 hours and streaming live sports for another 5 hours is heavy usage.

There's no relativity in the term. Tasks that don't utilize up to half the SoCs power are not heavy.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
iKingsley:
the battery is strong though, but 12hrs and you still have 55%? Which implies he should expect 24hrs SOT. Ohh, never!
Only thing that could cause this is maybe he was using it , then topped up the battery without the usage chart resetting undecided
This is from experience
He said '12 hrs of usage' though. It's not clear if he means 12 hrs SOT or 12 hours since last charge. Also, you can 'use' your phone without the screen being on. Playing music for example.

As for the 12hr SOT at 55%, it's not entirely impossible. Just depends on the device and usage.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
Omuka:
it wasn't heavy usage, bros.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hope everyone don enter cos i wan close gate go sleep, if you still dey outside, find somewhere sleep abeg cos I no go fit wake come open gate for you.
Thank you for understanding .

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
Mehn... My Note 8.. bought it on Friday doesn't really last or am i over expectant?

The battery lasts an average of about 6-7 hours.

I am always online at least for that 6-7hours.. I am always online 98% of the time..

Please is there an issue with the battery or is it normal for the use i make use of ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2020
Rapsowdee01:
Mehn... My Note 8.. bought it on Friday doesn't really last or am i over expectant?

The battery lasts an average of about 6-7 hours.

I am always online at least for that 6-7hours.. I am always online 98% of the time..

Please is there an issue with the battery or is it normal for the use i make use of ?

Disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning. Search Scanning from settings. Update your device if it is not up to date.

Post a screenshot of your battery chart
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
genius43:

Disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning. Search Scanning from settings. Update your device if it is not up to date.

Post a screenshot of your battery chart

Thanks
I have disabled those stuff just now.

This is my battery chart screenshot

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

I have disabled those stuff.

This is my battery chart screenshot

Change ranking to details and screenshot even without that I can clearly see your terrible SIM reception and poor network and battery draining goes hand in hand.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
genius43:

Change ranking to details and screenshot even without that I can clearly see your terrible SIM reception and poor network and battery draining goes hand in hand.

Wow.. never knew this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

Wow.. never knew this

Your networks are responsible, you have too unstable networks on one device is suicidal. And worse still if both networks are on 4G. Switch the one you aren't using for browsing to 2G.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
genius43:

Your networks are responsible, you have too unstable networks on one device is suicidal. And worse still if both networks are on 4G. Switch the one you aren't using for browsing to 2G.

Alright chief.

Thanks and God bless you..

Will give feedback on this

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

Alright chief.

Thanks and God bless you..

Will give feedback on this

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2020
techmaster092:

Have been busy online today, let's say been browsing for roughly 6hrs 30mins...tho I reduced d display to zero since m indoor

That's cool!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 12:26am On Jul 15, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

Wow.. never knew this

Your WiFi is on too. Did you disable WiFi scanning cos sometimes, especially when you use Xender, it comes on again. Always check regularly to make sure it's off.

You should be able to squeeze out 7-8hrs SOT from it sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Darkskeleton: 1:32am On Jul 15, 2020
Please this is the first time I'll be using a Xiaomi device and I need help. I've been trying to install apps that I downloaded from a third party but it won't install. Only apps that I downloaded from play store installed successfully. Please what can I do?
Redmi 8A

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Themaths(m): 2:32am On Jul 15, 2020
Dannybanky10:
Saw this today when I was playing game 4G+ hope no cause for alarm
It's the LTE-A feature. 4G+ shows up when you are using 2 4G bands at the same time.

I get the 4G+ too on Glo when I'm in a band 28 and band 3 coverage area. Enjoy bro, it's slightly faster than 4G.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:33am On Jul 15, 2020
acedsportsng:
Cc noobhody protyein0 jboixxx

I want to buy the redmi 9 from nurex01. Is he trustworthy? And can I pay him directly or use a middle man?
Safe to deal with him.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 2:54am On Jul 15, 2020
Darkskeleton:
Please this is the first time I'll be using a Xiaomi device and I need help. I've been trying to install apps that I downloaded from a third party but it won't install. Only apps that I downloaded from play store installed successfully. Please what can I do?
Redmi 8A

You downloaded an MTK app for a snapdragon phone.

Most of them won't work. I transferred almost 100 apps from my infinix to here, out of the almost 50 I tried installing, I still had to go to playstore to download almost 30 inside.

2 different chipset. You're stuck. Or go download app built for snapdragon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 3:09am On Jul 15, 2020
explosiveskull:
I was googling why we have to change our device region to India before we can customize our fonts and I ran into this, I never knew about it before and I know so many people were Ignorant like I was, so I decided to bring it here incase you need it especially if you are checking the version of software that your device is running.

MIUI Global Stable ROM versions follow the following nomenclature the first two digits represent the MIUI version. In the following screenshot 11.0 stands for MIUI version 11.0, MIUI Global Stable ROM also have 7 alphabet code at the end of MIUI version,

In alphabetical code first alphabet stands for the Android Version which is P (Pie, Android 9) in the screenshot above.
The next two alphabets stand for the device code which is FL for Redmi 7.
The Next two alphabet denote the region,
IN for India in the above screenshots
RU for Russia
ID for Indonesia
EU for Europe
MI for other Global regions
CN for China, China ROM lacks Google services
The last two alphabets stand for the MIUI version code.

Source for further read: https://www.fonearena.com/blog/301711/miui-global-versions-explained.html

I downloaded a MIUI eu rom for r8, and going by this explanation, it happens to be a China version

xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.8.0.PCNCNXM_v11-9.

P is pie
CN is Redmi 8
CN is China

It's supposed to be a EU Rom, what now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:22am On Jul 15, 2020
barackodam:

I downloaded a MIUI eu rom for r8, and going by this explanation, it happens to be a China version

xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.8.0.PCNCNXM_v11-9.

P is pie
CN is Redmi 8
CN is China

It's supposed to be a EU Rom, what now?

Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM based on China ROM. The eu is in small letters and doesn't denote Europe.

The ROMS with EUXM are the official stable EEA/ Europe ROM

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurex01(m): 4:41am On Jul 15, 2020
jboixxx:
Safe to deal with him.
Thanks for the mention Boss. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:52am On Jul 15, 2020
Darkskeleton:
Redmi 8A

Google has changed a lot of things

(1) (2) (3) ... (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.