Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,402 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173707 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 6:05am On Jul 15, 2020
acedsportsng:
Cc noobody protein0 jboixxx

I want to buy the redmi 9 from nurex01. Is he trustworthy? And can I pay him directly or use a middle man?
cheesy imaging calling MTN, Airtel and 9mobile cc to ask dem why Glo network is not stable

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:16am On Jul 15, 2020
barackodam:

I downloaded a MIUI eu rom for r8, and going by this explanation, it happens to be a China version

xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.8.0.PCNCNXM_v11-9.

P is pie
CN is Redmi 8
CN is China

It's supposed to be a EU Rom, what now?

Xiaomi.eu ROM is a custom miui ROM bro. It's based on Chinese ROM too. That's the reason for the CN there. Also note that it's also referred to as Xiaomi Polska.

We have official EU ROM. For example, for Redmi 7, the official EU ROM for Android 9 has a code PFLEUXM where P means Pie, FL is the device code, EU means the ROM is meant for EU region and XM means the date and month or so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 6:24am On Jul 15, 2020
barackodam:

I downloaded a MIUI eu rom for r8, and going by this explanation, it happens to be a China version

xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.8.0.PCNCNXM_v11-9.

P is pie
CN is Redmi 8
CN is China

It's supposed to be a EU Rom, what now?
I think from my own side it means the eu rom is a custom rom derived from a china rom hence why it still retained the chinese naming. Eu roms are custom roms

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2020
Kennyflyair:
Heavy usage is a relative term tho. Someone may watch movies throughout the day and surf the net intermittently while another person may play few hours of online games in addition to surfing the net and music.

Who is the real heavy user here?
have you ever wondered why most gaming smartphones come with a cooling fan? some budget devices can't even handle heavy usage, I once tried running killzone: liberation on my redmi 7 via ppsspp, the game was lagging but it was manageable I played for some minutes and my device froze up (hook) until I held down the power button for 15 secs... maybe he should try utilising the split screen feature on his device and see if he can achieve 15hrs sot.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustack: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2020
explosiveskull:
Hope everyone don enter cos i wan close gate go sleep, if you still dey outside, find somewhere sleep abeg cos I no go fit wake come open gate for you.
Thank you for understanding .

U go open this one oh bcus I dy wait for my note 9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustack: 7:18am On Jul 15, 2020
genius43:

Your networks are responsible, you have too unstable networks on one device is suicidal. And worse still if both networks are on 4G. Switch the one you aren't using for browsing to 2G.

You make a point
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 7:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Mustack:

U go open this one oh bcus I dy wait for my note 9s
I don open gate since na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustack: 7:35am On Jul 15, 2020
explosiveskull:

I don open gate since na

Better pikin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 7:38am On Jul 15, 2020
Darkskeleton:
Please this is the first time I'll be using a Xiaomi device and I need help. I've been trying to install apps that I downloaded from a third party but it won't install. Only apps that I downloaded from play store installed successfully. Please what can I do?
Redmi 8A

Uninstall d first Gcam before installing another one..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Please my redmi note 8 battery doesn't last any longer.
I just finished charging 100%, in less than na minutes it has decreased to 98, I have turn off the WiFi scanning and Bluetooth scanning

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:05am On Jul 15, 2020
SALLYBERRY01:
I just finished charging 100%, in less than na minutes it has decreased to 98, I have turn off the WiFi scanning and Bluetooth scanning

But your graph says last charge was over 9 minutes ago..

And you have apps running in background.

Next time after unplugging, reboot. If battery drops to 99%, charge again to 100% , unplug and reboot. Continue the process till your battery is 100% after rebooting

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2020
SALLYBERRY01:
see green leaf shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
see green leaf shocked
I have never achieved that yet lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2020
postdigger:

I have never achieved that yet lipsrsealed
that means the network at my side is really good because it's mostly like that cool

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2020
iKingsley:
that means the network at my side is really good because it's mostly like that cool

It is very stable.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
see green leaf shocked

I just dey jealous

I no just know if na me be the custodian of rainbow colours embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwapoju(m): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2020
acedsportsng:

No issues at all?
None sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2020
GrandMufti:

But your graph says last charge was over 9 minutes ago..

And you have apps running in background.

Next time after unplugging, reboot. If battery drops to 99%, charge again to 100% , unplug and reboot. Continue the process till your battery is 100% after rebooting

Whoa shocked I didn't know this. My phone loses one percent whenever I restart at any point in time, I thought it was a norm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by happy662(m): 9:27am On Jul 15, 2020
iKingsley:
which network and what model?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2020
happy662:
which network and what model?
MTN; 8A
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:39am On Jul 15, 2020
Shegun010:

Whoa shocked I didn't know this. My phone loses one percent whenever I restart at any point in time, I thought it was a norm.
No.

Anyway sha it's for those that have patience grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2020
itunity007:
cheesy imaging calling MTN, Airtel and 9mobile cc to ask dem why Glo network is not stable
Be careful
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shagaya: 10:26am On Jul 15, 2020
jboixxx:
Be careful

I think his intentions are good but the analogy no follow at all.

E for be like "imaging calling MTN, Airtel and 9mobile cc to ask dem if GLO na telecom company"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Dannybanky10:

So it isn't wise to play games while charging right

Don't charge and the same time playing games or making calls. It wise to charge without doing anything at all and allow your phone to charge. That's just my take anyway

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Not just game. While charging, it's not wise to press your phone. Even if you must, for safety reasons, unplug it.

Thanks for this. My hand no dey rest before, now I don learn.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2020
teamb:

Use dhl/FedEx

Me, I have ordered some items on aliexpress 2 weeks back, the normal way, hope I would get it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2020
peteregwu:

Me, I have ordered some items on aliexpress 2 weeks back, the normal way, hope I would get it?

Maybe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2020
itunity007:
Tor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2020
Darkskeleton:
Please this is the first time I'll be using a Xiaomi device and I need help. I've been trying to install apps that I downloaded from a third party but it won't install. Only apps that I downloaded from play store installed successfully. Please what can I do?
Redmi 8A

It could be that the app is not compatible with your model or device. I can still download from third party but if its not compatible it would download but won't install.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2020
genius43:

Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM based on China ROM. The eu is in small letters and doesn't denote Europe.

The ROMS with EUXM are the official stable EEA/ Europe ROM

Okay, I get now. So, I can go ahead flashing it, yeah?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2020
I love this theme. The home and lock screen respectively.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2020
Shagaya:

I think his intentions are good but the analogy no follow at all.

E for be like "imaging calling MTN, Airtel and 9mobile cc to ask dem if GLO na telecom company"

Hahaha! You didn't get the joke with my post! I took no offense actually.

E for be like " be kiaful! With those memes from Gran.dMufti or Tige.r2020.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chimatesky64 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.