Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202483 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7737) (7738) (7739) (7740) (7741) (7742) (7743) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
fibonacci2526:

If you are not in a hurry and can wait for 90days, yes it is safe.
90days you say? Ain't buying nothing for the next 3months. AliExpress carry my money give seller after waiting 100days, asking me to bring proof that I haven't collected package from NIPOST despite 5 different screenshots from different tracking sites. Even their cc said it's weird and wrong to have released my money to seller despite the tracking details and seller confirming package still enroute.

I'm done o.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lorlahlizzy:
hi guys.
Am considering buying a xiaomi product for the first time..which is better between redmi 9A, redmi note 8 and redmi 8.
thanks.
Redmi Note 8 > Redmi 8 > Redmi 9A

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
jboixxx:
90days you say? Ain't buying nothing for the next 3months. AliExpress carry my money give seller after waiting 100days, asking me to bring proof that I haven't collected package from NIPOST despite 5 different screenshots from different tracking sites. Even their cc said it's weird and wrong to have released my money to seller despite the tracking details and seller confirming package still enroute.

I'm done o.

Na to go the other route go pay pass now, otherwise e go just dey hold up your business.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
genius43:

Na to go the other route go pay pass now, otherwise e go just dey hold up your business.
Very correct
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lorlahlizzy(f): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
jboixxx:
Redmi Note 8 > Redmi 8 > Redmi 9A
thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
jboixxx:

I'm done o.

Crazy. I really don't know why people would want to still buy anything from AliExpress during this period but as per I get coconut head things. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Crazy. I really don't know why people would want to still buy anything from AliExpress during this period but as per I get coconut head things. lipsrsealed
Hahahaha! Whoever that's not ready to use express shipping method (DHL and maybe FedEx, NOT that nonsense EMS), should just buy locally cuz probability of getting refund after 90% is now eroding sef.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Is it safe to delete this folder on my file manager?
And What's the use self?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Is it safe to delete this folder on my file manager?
And What's the use self?

Instead of deleting the folder, delete the none needed contents like updates that have been done.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 12:03am On Aug 21, 2020
genius43:

Instead of deleting the folder, delete the none needed contents like updates that have been done.
Funny enough, I can't find the content occupying that big space.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 12:11am On Aug 21, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Tap that and check again...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Modified

Do what the person above says and also check those debug logs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AunteeRita: 1:09am On Aug 21, 2020
Please why can't I download FIFA game on my redmi 8a. Any help?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 1:47am On Aug 21, 2020
jboixxx:

I'm done o.
same thing happened to me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:23am On Aug 21, 2020
gidieberry:
iscom is a legit seller

Liar!
Iscom that i bought something from and he said they would deliver it on time. And they delivered it on time.
He even responded well to his messages.
He even thanked me for trusting him and doing business with him.
How can that one be legit

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by boboLIL(m): 2:51am On Aug 21, 2020
abdsamad:

Liar!
Iscom that i bought something from and he said they would deliver it on time. And they delivered it on time.
you don't know the meaning of legit then

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurex01(m): 2:57am On Aug 21, 2020
aachor:
Thanks to Nurex01. I just received a glossy Redmi Note 9 pro. Excellent customer service. Sent from Lagos to Akwa Ibom state within 24 hours. Sure man!
thanks to God Almighty. Enjoy your device Boss aachor. Looking forward to doing more business with you Sir. Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ernxto(m): 4:23am On Aug 21, 2020
abdsamad:

Liar!

Cant tell if you are being real rn or a troll cheesy
Am just confused grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Geofavor(m): 5:03am On Aug 21, 2020
jboixxx:
Updates are meant to improve your device in functions, security and some other ways. While concerns are welcomed as a result of updates, some of these concerns are cleared after few days of usage, with just a hard restart, hard reset or subsequent updates are provided to resolve it. You have the right not to update though but it's recommended that you always update your device/apps when prompted.
Thanks. I am yet to update, but I think I might risk it soon.

barackodam:

Na wa o, you haven't done first update. And there's A10 update also.

586mb + 1.9gb
grin
You're laughing at me. Lol. I'm a novice in phone usage. I don't understand what you typed. Please explain. What is A10? What is 586mb + 1.9gb?
Most importantly, what are the pros and cons of updating? Thank you.

martyns200:

Pls how is the camera of redmi 8 ,is it sharp and does the phone support fast charge?
I don't really do photos, so I might not be too attentive to camera quality. So, by my own standards, I think the camera is okay.
And yes, the phone supports fast charge. I'm loving it. Especially for the fact that it charges fast, yet the battery lasts very long.

TrebleChamp:
This explains why your phone is having this issues, please always update your phone when update appears, it very important. The latest update for Redmi 8 is Android 10, so you are like 1 update away from A10. Do this current update and then do the Android 10 update. Make sure your network is very strong or use wi-fi, after updating do a hard restart by holding your power button for like 15 sec till phone vibrates. Good luck
Thank you. The phone has stopped hanging though after I switched it off, switched it on and did cache cleaning I think. Is updating totally safe?

Mironak:
Please guys if your phone is hanging... Go to settings → Additional Settings → Accessibility → Remove Animation (Enable it).... Your phone will start running with the speed of light!!!! smiley Try it.
Thank you. It seemed my phone stopped hanging already. Nonetheless, I did this as soon as I saw your post. But what does enabling "remove animation" actually do? What are the disadvantages? Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damfostopper(m): 5:16am On Aug 21, 2020
Goodmorning guys.. ..i just bought Redmi 9A yesterday. ....pls how do I get Gcam.. ..i have search playstore and I am seeing different cams. ....please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:04am On Aug 21, 2020
Fuckdem:
bro are u for real?

All lies bro. He's not for real. Removing animation doesn't have any bad effect on your battery.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 7:18am On Aug 21, 2020
micxwell:
Tap that and check again...

genius43:

Modified

Do what the person above says and also check those debug logs.

I have found the culprit, thanks. Is it safe to delete them?

Modified:
Google says : It's a thumbnail file for your images and videos that are stored on your device. This is mainly used to save time and memory for reprocessing every image for you to see when you open up your gallery.

Still pondering on whether I should delete it. Although Google says it'll just recreate itself again.( And drain battery life while at it)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Modified:
Google says : It's a thumbnail file for your images and videos that are stored on your device. This is mainly used to save time and memory for reprocessing every image for you to see when you open up your gallery.

Still pondering on whether I should delete it. Although Google says it'll just recreate itself again.( And drain battery life while at it)

Yes it's safe to delete these ones

On my phone I take it upon myself to delete regularly,
Even if they are created again it takes a while before it accumulates that much storage space

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2020
ernxto:

Cant tell if you are being real rn or a troll cheesy
Am just confused grin

Or option C: He's rather mistaken.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Modified:

I delete mine once in a while.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mironak(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2020
Lorlahlizzy:
hi guys.
Am considering buying a xiaomi product for the first time..which is better between redmi 9A, redmi note 8 and redmi 8.
thanks
Redmi Note 8

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 7:49am On Aug 21, 2020
Geofavor:

You're laughing at me. Lol. I'm a novice in phone usage. I don't understand what you typed. Please explain. What is A10? What is 586mb + 1.9gb?
Thank you

It's alright, we all are at some point.

A10 stands for Android 10. I use your phone too.

After you've done the update you're seeing for 586mb, you have to update to Android 10 too. The Android 10 update is 1.9gb. Thus, you have to spend 586mb + 1.9gb on updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mironak(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2020
olayinkajnr:

All lies bro. He's not for real. Removing animation doesn't have any bad effect on your battery.
Please help me tell them ooooo because I'm tired of explaining!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2020
Mironak:
Please help me tell them ooooo because I'm tired of explaining!

Lol. Bro, you never see anything. If na for this thread, you go tire gan. Just do your best and leave the rest. Them fit follow insult you on top self for helping o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Geofavor(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2020
barackodam:

It's alright, we all are at some point.

A10 stands for Android 10. I use your phone too.

After you've done the update you're seeing for 586mb, you have to update to Android 10 too. The Android 10 update is 1.9gb. Thus, you have to spend 586mb + 1.9gb on updates
Okay. I understand now. But you haven't told me the pros and cons of doing these updates. I'll like to know if there are any negative side effects. Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2020
Geofavor:

I don't really do photos, so I might not be too attentive to camera quality. So, by my own standards, I think the camera is okay.
And yes, the phone supports fast charge. I'm loving it. Especially for the fact that it charges fast, yet the battery lasts very long.

Thank you. The phone has stopped hanging though after I switched it off, switched it on and did cache cleaning I think. Is updating totally safe?

Thank you. It seemed my phone stopped hanging already. Nonetheless, I did this as soon as I saw your post. But what does enabling "remove animation" actually do? What are the disadvantages? Thank you
My Redmi 8 came with Miui 10 out of the box, i updated it to Miui 11 as soon as the update popped up and i have update my device since then till date. I am currently on Android 10 and patiently waiting for Miui 12 to drop. UPDATE your phone and enjoy, if you are having any issues after updating, you can always do hard restart by holding the power button for 15 seconds until your phone vibrates or just download the full Rom and update manually..

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CoachOore: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2020
is it advisable to charge redmi 8 battery when in use and data on? does it reduces the strength of the battery?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7737) (7738) (7739) (7740) (7741) (7742) (7743) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.