Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9246001 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7739) (7740) (7741) (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
primestreams:

Omo Redmi Price eeh
But is worth it bro no matter the cost.
Even xiaomi themselves do cut their own profit to make sure what we buy is actually the spec we need.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
My next phone is going to have mediatek dimensity 1000+ period.
Am so inlove with that dimensity 1000+ and how they arranged their cores like grouping the core for performance and energy efficiency.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primestreams: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
explosiveskull:

Even xiaomi themselves do cut their own profit to make sure what we buy is actually the spec we need.
Over worth it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primestreams: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
explosiveskull:

cool can't wait to feel my Redmi 8

I hear people calling the battery a beast

I want to test it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
Elder0001:
Despite changing to default theme 3days ago and hard resetting my phone 2 times,android system is still taking a large chunk of my battery though it's way better than it was when I was using Samsung one ui 2.0 theme.

@genius43

Sadly it is not just a matter of what theme you use, MIUI is the problem..and unless you are willing to unlock bootloader, just enjoy the device..and hope the next update will provide a fix
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
nani667:

Sadly it is not just a matter of what theme you use, MIUI is the problem..and unless you are willing to unlock bootloader, just enjoy the device..and hope the next update will provide a fix

Here we go again.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Darkseid(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
primestreams:

cool can't wait to feel my Redmi 8

I hear people calling the battery a beast

I want to test it
The battery is super awesome; even though the battery of my Redmi Note 7 lasts very long, when I'll be looking for charger at 30%, my bro's Redmi 8 would still be at 75% even when he plays games all day.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
genius43:

Here we go again.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
Good evening house.
I have a serious issue and I need suggestion/solution. I have been using my RN5 for two years now without any issues. But just on Wednesday someone sent me a picture and followed the link on the picture to download the application from play store though it took me to a site first before proceeding to play store.
After the download my phone started hanging that I can't press anything. I have to hard press the power bottom before it could reboot but will still hang when loading my aps.
After a while it stopped coming up at all. I took it to slot at nnewi in Anambra state they tried to power it , the phone will read from 1% to 99.99% and stop. I now asked them to flash it which is my only option but after much trial they couldn't said that they couldn't get the file to flash the phone.
Please if anybody knows how or where I can flash the phone should please assist a sister am in Onitsha in Anambra state.
I can't afford a new phone now so I seriously need my baby back oo. ��

NB it's a global version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
veramani31:

Just seeing this, you actually can set it

Settings>Sim Card and mobile network >Set Data plan>Data Plan>Usage Reset date

Let me know if you need something else. Cheers
I get this but what I need is what can monitor my past data usage and allow me set the start of the month from any day. See the pix, even after going your route, the Last month or this month data usage reading is showing the normal calendar reading (Month starting from 1st).

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
Jecyangel:
Good evening house.
I have a serious issue and I need suggestion/solution. I have been using my RN5 for two years now without any issues. But just on Wednesday someone sent me a picture and followed the link on the picture to download the application from play store though it took me to a site first before proceeding to play store.
After the download my phone started hanging that I can't press anything. I have to hard press the power bottom before it could reboot but will still hang when loading my aps.
After a while it stopped coming up at all. I took it to slot at nnewi in Anambra state they tried to power it , the phone will read from 1% to 99.99% and stop. I now asked them to flash it which is my only option but after much trial they couldn't said that they couldn't get the file to flash the phone.
Please if anybody knows how or where I can flash the phone should please assist a sister am in Onitsha in Anambra state.
I can't afford a new phone now so I seriously need my baby back oo. ��

NB it's a global version

How could they say they couldn't get the file that I'm currently looking at online?

Take it to another place and flash it. The firmware is on the internet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
Obingene:

How could they say they couldn't get the file that I'm currently looking at online?

My dear I gave it to another person he too couldn't and he took it Onitsha according to him but no show still
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
I bought from AliExpress and from the tracking info it says my stuff arrived Nigeria a month ago but I haven't received any call for a pickup.
Due to Corona, delay is expected but this one has passed be careful. Please what steps do I take. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primestreams: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
0taPiaPia:
I bought from AliExpress and from the tracking info. It says my stuff arrived Nigeria a month ago but I haven't received any call for a pickup.
Dey to Corona delay is expected but to his one has passed be careful. Please what steps do I take. Thanks
matters arrising
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
Jecyangel:

My dear I gave it to another person he too couldn't and he took it Onitsha according to him but no show still

That's my problem with my eastern brothers.

The technology is there, they just don't have it or aren't conversant with the latest trends.

Unless they are saying the phone has another issue but if it's just downloading d file and flashing it then there shouldn't be much fuss about it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Obingene:

That's my problem with my eastern brothers.

The technology is there, they just don't have it or aren't conversant with the latest trends.

Unless they are saying the phone has another issue but if it's just downloading d file and flashing it then there shouldn't be much fuss about it.

Her problem is tricky her bootloader is locked. They need an authorized Mi account to flash her phone using EDL.

She should try Raya.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Obingene:

The only solution is EDL flashing and Rn5 requires authorized MI account to flash, so NOT EVERYONE CAN FLASH UNLESS BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED.

If there is anyone in the east on this platform that can do that for you tho unless, you catapult your device to Lagos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
genius43:

Her problem is tricky her bootloader is locked. They need an authorized Mi account to flash her phone using EDL.

She should try Raya.

Please can you expatiate? I'm not really familiar with flashing Redmi phones.

What is EDL? And how is her bootloader locked?

Cc: Igemburg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Obingene:

EDL Emergency Download Mode is the only way to flash your Qualcomm Snapdragon device like RN5 when bricked.

All xiaomi phones comes with locked bootloader and you need to undergo a process to unlock, but in her case, am sure she haven't and now, EDL mode is the only way

Although, due to xiaomi protection regulations, EDL flashing is now restricted to authorized personnel to flash.

Although, am not authorized to flash, but with devices like RN5 and few others like that, I can find my way to flash them successfully.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MobileGees: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
pheranme9:
MTN unlimited cheat dy flex am e dy very expensive (20k)enjoying it on my Redmi note 9.
Abeg i no want whala if u can afford it u can msg me , no expiry date 4 it sha

Bro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Obingene:

Bootloader is locked by default on phones.

Except if

1. You unlock it, you have to apply for it. It has it's pros and cons.

2. If you bought a Chinese Version with Global ROM flashed on it, the bootloader comes unlocked, because without getting unlocked the flashing of that ROM can't be done.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primestreams: 11:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin with MTN unlimited you will enjoy your device to the fullest

17k setup. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy unlimited keh na joke ooo better but your normal sub

Really it is not up to that

Don't bother to use Google
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
primestreams:

Even those that subscribe enjoy their phones.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gafman222: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
primestreams:

17k setup
Let me know wen it's 1k

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martyns200(m): 1:40am On Aug 22, 2020
barackodam:

Na wa o, you haven't done first update. And there's A10 update also.

586mb + 1.9gb
grin

You mean if one buys a new redmi 8, these are the two updates one wld need to do if am correct and if I may ask are both updates done at once or after the other at different times??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 1:40am On Aug 22, 2020
gafman222:

Let me know wen it's 1k

I just have to laff grin even though twas never my intention to.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 3:58am On Aug 22, 2020
Igemburg:

The only solution is EDL flashing and Rn5 requires authorized MI account to flash, so NOT EVERYONE CAN FLASH UNLESS BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED.

If there is anyone in the east on this platform that can do that for you tho unless, you catapult your device to Lagos.

Thanks bro for your responses. Will check around as suggested first but if I didn't see will consider sending to Lag but I must say it will be difficult for me seriously.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 4:24am On Aug 22, 2020
Igemburg:

I forget to add one of the engr. that checked it out said it's either flash or IC fualt. Please what's IC they meant here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 5:30am On Aug 22, 2020
pheranme9:
MTN unlimited cheat dy flex am e dy very expensive (20k)enjoying it on my Redmi note 9.
Abeg i no want whala if u can afford it u can msg me , no expiry date 4 it sha

VPN cheat for 20k... na greed dey kill us for this country.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by QuixPhix(m): 5:35am On Aug 22, 2020
New Realme x2 Pro for sale.

Contact me on WhatsApp 08107201129.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 5:38am On Aug 22, 2020
No ads here... Take it to the thread store..

QuixPhix:
New Realme x2 Pro for sale.

Contact me on WhatsApp 08107201129.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2020
MobileGees:

Bro?
Shey you want to be scammed of 20k?
Just continue, you'll open another thread to lament.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7739) (7740) (7741) (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.