Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9210392 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7847) (7848) (7849) (7850) (7851) (7852) (7853) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2020
Hi guys. Has anyone gotten the MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 9s?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:

when mui 13 is on its way

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FM19addict(m): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2020
techmaster092:

Ur moniker is unattractive so i will pass

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2020
Thank God it's weekend! grin

Wetin de inside this MIUI 12 sef? I need to ask oga Lei o. When it lands, we'll still be reading "is it safe to update", "I no get data to update"
or "MIUI 12 na trash"!

Make I go allow data access to my updater and check if my S2 don get MIUI 12 update.

Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2020
who lives in lekki phase 1 here? abegy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yourgistpartner: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

I have seen both and the GCam is better.

You guys mistake bright and overexposed photos for good pictures. The Gcam photos are more detailed, good exposure and better white balance.

As long as you apply the recommended settings and look at pictures with a good eye of photography you should be able to tell.

And R9 doesn't have a dedicated port yet. And only trCam works so far that I know of.

Killercam is better.... Had to uninstall the trCam sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
jboixxx:
Thank God it's weekend! grin

Wetin de inside this MIUI 12 sef? I need to ask oga Lei o. When it lands, we'll still be reading "is it safe to update", "I no get data to update"
or "MIUI 12 na trash"!

Make I go allow data access to my updater and check if my S2 don get MIUI 12 update.

Fingers crossed.

which one be S2 again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

which one be S2 again

Redmi S2. An older device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

Redmi S2. An older device
chai..but why Xiaomi waan abandon note 8 series with updates...

it's not fair at all..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2020
Biko what's the hype behind MIUI 12
The only think that will make an update worth it is if Xiaomi fixes their memory management ish tongue

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

it's not fair at all..

It is not abandoned. Like I have said before they seem to be have troubles with phones transiting to Android 10 with that Chipset (SD 665), they had with Mi A3 which ran on Android one, now all phones running MIUI using that Chipset haven't gotten android 10, Mi CC9e(China exclusive), RN8 and RN8T

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

When someone asks a simple question, there are people like yourself who just try to complicate things. I asked if anyone has gotten the MIUI 12 update for the RN9s. I currently use version 11.0.11 and when I check for new updates, none is available. I never mentioned 13.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kurt09(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2020
techmaster092:

No wahala, it's good u don't want to try, sha don't make any comments here directly or indirectly condemning note 8 users for being impatient, cos na those kind comments they attract me to you... Have a great day
Old phone. Upgrade to note 9.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2020
Hi my redmi 7à switching off randomly when in use and can't be turned on for several minutes, never happened when i was in android 9 anyone got any ideas, Happened 3 times in 2 months
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

it's not fair at all..

LOL. It's actually not cool enough. The devices is relatively too recent to be abandoned and I guess that's what that other guy was trying to tell genius. One full year after its release and it's yet to get even an Android 10 update. I feel people have all the right to complain about the tardiness and it's perfectly normal. Most Samsung and Realme phones released within the same timeframe have gotten Android 10 update. We know it's now an obsolete phone though but it's still too "recent" to be neglected. Over 3 months with no update and now a security patch update with the earliest possible time for MIUI 12 or Android 10 or both being November? The phrase would be, "If you want updates, get a Xiaomi phone. If you want quick and steady updates, get a Google Pixel or try Samsung."

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:

No one has gotten but RN9s is close since it's Indian counterpart has gotten.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

It is not abandoned. Like I have said before they seem to be have troubles with phones transiting to Android 10 with that Chipset (SD 665), they had with Mi A3 which ran on Android one, now all phones running MIUI using that Chipset haven't gotten android 10, Mi CC9e(China exclusive), RN8 and RN8T

This issue is Xiaomi exclusive? Cos it looks like other OEMs don't have issues with android updates on SD 665. I'm not sure they're fixing that of RN8/8T soon sha. We'll have to chill until end of the year before any "meaningful" update shows.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

what about rn8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2020
Abeg, RNX drops when?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2020
veekid:
what about rn8
I don't know o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

This issue is Xiaomi exclusive? Cos it looks like other OEMs don't have issues with android updates on SD 665. I'm not sure they're fixing that of RN8/8T soon sha. We'll have to chill until end of the year before any "meaningful" update shows.

Mi CC9E nko? That device is 3 months older than RN8.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LOL. It's actually not cool enough. The devices is relatively too recent to be abandoned and I guess that's what that other guy was trying to tell genius. One full year after its release and it's yet to get even an Android 10 update. I feel people have all the right to complain about the tardiness and it's perfectly normal. Most Samsung and Realme phones released within the same timeframe have gotten Android 10 update. We know it's now an obsolete phone though but it's still too "recent" to be neglected. Over 3 months with no update and now a security patch update with the earliest possible time for MIUI 12 or Android 10 or both being November? The phrase would be, "If you want updates, get a Xiaomi phone. If you want quick and steady updates, get a Google Pixel or try Samsung."

I think they are sure if they keep giving Redmi 8 series updates.. people won't by 9 series..

is 8 series better? that's the only logical reason for its abandonment
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yomiogunmefun: 10:39am On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

No one has gotten but RN9s is close since it's Indian counterpart has gotten.

Thanks mate! Just what I needed to know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I think they are sure if they keep giving Redmi 8 series updates.. people won't by 9 series..

This is false sha.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

okay.. I understand
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

Mi CC9E nko? That device is 3 months older than RN8.

Sure. That of Mi CC9E is there too. Just that there are more Redmi note 8 users than Mi CC9E so the voices of the former is louder.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I can't say for sure what's causing the abandonment eh... Some people will say it's SD 665 processor while some will say the delay is 'cause they're bundling both MIUI 12 and A10 together at the same time. What I can only say is the outcry by users is totally normal and shouldn't be downplayed for any reason.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nltaliban(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2020
CANDYDADDY:
Now lemme give it to y'all,what you don't know about your phone's reception effect on battery

It is the biggest battery drainer other than Google play services if you're speaking Android.

Just because ur cell tower picture shows 4/5 bars or 5/5 bars doesn't mean ur network is good. U need to know the dbm value of ur signal.

To access that, go to settings, then go to about phone and click on sim settings. U will find dbm there.

50–70 dbm - great signal. Minimal battery drain
70–90 dbm- OK signal, moderate battery drain.

90–120- crap signal, high battery drain.

My cell phone signal bar in main screen shows 5/5 bars signifying full strength but when I look at it's dbm , it's giving me a value of 109.

What does this mean? The phone is forking out way more power to give u stable LTE connection compared to 55 dbm for example so 109 dbm this will drink battery like Yeltsin drinks vodka

now check the repercussions of where am I now

Boss, he no dey MiUi 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Nltaliban:

Boss, he no dey MiUi 12

It should be there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2020
techmaster092:

Forget all this u rubbish u r saying, you are using note 5 n we r using note 8,i m sure during d early days of note 5 u r getting updates as frequently as necessary, note 8 is relatively new hence we deserve the necessary attention you got during ur time, so stop comparing note 8 to note 5,we no b mate
I'm using Redmi Note 9s, we haven't received the MiUI 12 update yet we don't complain. We no be mate too.
Is it even by price sef? Redmi Note 9s and Note 9 Pro were about 100-120k and they haven't seen the MiUI 12 update and you're here claiming seniority.

There's a delay in getting the update, you still receive security updates which means the device development hasn't been abandoned. Be patient and wait. After you recieve the MiUI 12, how long will it take you to either get bored or find a new thing to complain about?

Like Genius43 rightly pointed out, there's probably something about the SD665 making the transition from Android 9-10 a hassle. If you have complains you can contact Xiaomi Nigeria on Twitter or Facebook. No one here is an agent neither do they work for the Mi Community.

I recommend taking anger management classes. Whatever is making you bitter will be fine someday. Quite frankly, you have issues.

#peace

16 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmyreal4(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2020
festwiz:

I'm using Redmi Note 9s, we haven't received the MiUI 12 update yet we don't complain. We no be mate too.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
ibawon:
Redmi 3 Pro going for 56 just got it on Friday because I wanna upgrade to the Mi5
please just be or message on. whatsapp contact on 08120722156
you see this life ehhhh grin grin grin no kill yourself for gadgets.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7847) (7848) (7849) (7850) (7851) (7852) (7853) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cyril009(m), Merovi and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.