Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9184304 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7848) (7849) (7850) (7851) (7852) (7853) (7854) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I think they are sure if they keep giving Redmi 8 series updates.. people won't by 9 series..

is 8 series better? that's the only logical reason for its abandonment
"you just shot a bird but it's mom flew away"... your statement isn't 100% accurate but I think there is an iota of truth in what you said... Redmi 7 suffers the same dilemma but las las we go dey alright.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
I, for one, suggest that folks here should start seeing miui 12 like just a really cool theme... because that's just what it is. you phone functions 100% without miui 12 then why the hassles?
Truth is, there's no need trying so hard to make a point because there isn't any Xiaomi agent here... meaning no matter what you do or say won't make the update come any sooner. Enjoy your devices gentlemen, we sometimes have crazy weekends here but it really shouldn't be about MIUI 12.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LOL. It's actually not cool enough. The devices is relatively too recent to be abandoned and I guess that's what that other guy was trying to tell genius. One full year after its release and it's yet to get even an Android 10 update. I feel people have all the right to complain about the tardiness and it's perfectly normal. Most Samsung and Realme phones released within the same timeframe have gotten Android 10 update. We know it's now an obsolete phone though but it's still too "recent" to be neglected. Over 3 months with no update and now a security patch update with the earliest possible time for MIUI 12 or Android 10 or both being November? The phrase would be, "If you want updates, get a Xiaomi phone. If you want quick and steady updates, get a Google Pixel or try Samsung."

For Samsungs, get their flagship devices if not you'll still feel neglected. Xiaomi does well in the budget segment in terms of updates than Samsung.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
festwiz:

I'm using Redmi Note 9s, we haven't received the MiUI 12 update yet we don't complain. We no be mate too.
Is it even by price sef? Redmi Note 9s and Note 9 Pro were about 100-120k and they haven't seen the MiUI 12 update and you're here claiming seniority.

There's a delay in getting the update, you still receive security updates which means the device development hasn't been abandoned. Be patient and wait. After you recieve the MiUI 12, how long will it take you to either get bored or find a new thing to complain about?

Like Genius43 rightly pointed out, there's probably something about the SD665 making the transition from Android 9-10 a hassle. If you have complains you can contact Xiaomi Nigeria on Twitter or Facebook. No one here is an agent neither do they work for the Mi Community.

I recommend taking anger management classes. Whatever is making you bitter will be fine someday. Quite frankly, you have issues.

#peace
I should have given u a deserving reply, but next time please ignore some posts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
techmaster092:

I should have given u a deserving reply, but next time please ignore some posts
Pls reply him, it's weekend. The fight is free for all. Abi you dey fear say you don meet your match?

21 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Simpubozz(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Who wan sell phone � oo?? Lagos mainland only. DM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
liljboy:
you see this life ehhhh grin grin grin no kill yourself for gadgets.
Na so
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tekzyflex(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
Genius thanks for your recommendation...Got the R9c yesterday.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
sajmark:

"you just shot a bird but it's mom flew away"... your statement isn't 100% accurate but I think there is an iota of truth in what you said... Redmi 7 suffers the same dilemma but las las we go dey alright.

make a kuku no buy Redmi note 9 again..when 10 come out naw. them go shun person..

ontop how costly the phone is..

make a dey enjoy my redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
maclawrence02:

Pls reply him, it's weekend. The fight is free for all. Abi you dey fear say you don meet your match?
It's weekend, rest well, m sure u had a busy week
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by epospiky(m): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

How did the repairer know it is the screen that is faulty because I feel that it is a software issue.
He opened the phone, unpin the screen from the
board and pinned it back but the problem persisted. So
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
Abeg who dey use this type of powerbank I've got a question to ask

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by siegfried99(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=gafman222 post=94316157]
Did u notice how many mb did it take to update it? It has taken more than 1gb of my data and still @ 47% [/quote
Its just 300mb.
Maybe network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
epospiky:

He opened the phone, unpin the screen from the
board and pinned it back but the problem persisted. So

Okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
it's not only the note 8 users that haven't gotten miui 12. I'm not sure if anybody in the 8 series is on miui 12. Although I can say for the redmi 8a that it has gotten android 10.

Make una just chill for xiaomi. Even after watching videos and reading a few stuff on miui 12, I noticed that it may not be all that special to me. I don't think I would be psyched by the control Centre or the fairly heavy animations.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the sunlight mode that I was hearing about sometimes ago.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flytime: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LOL. It's actually not cool enough. The devices is relatively too recent to be abandoned and I guess that's what that other guy was trying to tell genius. One full year after its release and it's yet to get even an Android 10 update. I feel people have all the right to complain about the tardiness and it's perfectly normal. Most Samsung and Realme phones released within the same timeframe have gotten Android 10 update. We know it's now an obsolete phone though but it's still too "recent" to be neglected. Over 3 months with no update and now a security patch update with the earliest possible time for MIUI 12 or Android 10 or both being November? The phrase would be, "If you want updates, get a Xiaomi phone. If you want quick and steady updates, get a Google Pixel or try Samsung."
nokia also gives fast updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
Cc Genius43

Please, since I bought my Redmi 9C, I have not been able to use 9Mobile line to browse with it. I'm just coming from 9Mobile head office in Benin and it's still the same.

Please what could be wrong?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
olanreyman:
Abeg who dey use this type of powerbank I've got a question to ask

Ask away, I use the same bank.......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mrcalxy:

For Samsungs, get their flagship devices if not you'll still feel neglected. Xiaomi does well in the budget segment in terms of updates than Samsung.

You say? Most Samsung A series that shipped with Android 9 already got Android 10. Some got as far back as April. Google pixels and Samsung if quick update is the deal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
fados4sure:
Cc Genius43

Please, since I bought my Redmi 9C, I have not been able to use 9Mobile line to browse with it. I'm just coming from 9Mobile head office in Benin and it's still the same.

Please what could be wrong?

It might be APN issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JohnQueen(m): 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Hello Xiaomites.

Please how do I cast redmi note 5 to a smart tv?

I don try taya.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunni: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

Is your Jumia app up to date?

I'm so sorry for late reply, yes it is up to date
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

You say? Most Samsung A series that shipped with Android 9 already got Android 10. Some got as far back as April. Google pixels and Samsung if quick update is the deal.

Check the wait time and get back to me. I'm referring to fast updates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nltaliban(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

It should be there.

Not there

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
Boredom is the mistress of update-fever. When you're bored you start looking for update up and down.

It's better to learn how to customize your phone to do what you want. If you really want new features, there are ways of acquiring them on a weekly basis, if you want.
Even without "jailbreaking", there are apps that transform the user experience remarkably, if you know how to look. In fact, many of the new update features usually already existed in some app for months or years.

Miui12 looks cool but it's not that big a deal. Miui14 will soon come and your troubles will start all over again.

Meanwhile: iphone users are leaning over from their side of the fence, laughing amongst themselves, because it's so inconceivable to them that people will not get updates grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
genius43:

It might be APN issues.
Okay, thanks a lot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nltaliban:

Not there

Click all specs

Modified: is it not SIM status I am seeing in the second picture?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
seunni:

I can't say what is causing it. If the link is not tuned for app, it not go.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
saint2ace:

Ask away, I use the same bank.......
It's draining quite fast from 50% downwards as compared to 100% down to 50%. Can't charge my rn8 4kmah 4 cycles . It also charges super fast from 0-50%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
seunni:

I wonder if it's a problem with jumia app or twitter app.

I don't use twitter but a browser like Firefox provides the option to open links in external apps or in the browser.

If other app links are affected then it's probably the twitter app. If it's only affecting jumia then... I dunno
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mrcalxy:

Check the wait time and get back to me. I'm referring to fast updates.

Samsung A30s was released August/September last year and got Android 10 update around April.

Redmi note 8 was released August/September last year and is yet to get Android 10 update. Samsung A20 and co is also running on Android 10.

I'm not saying there's a craze or something about the whole MIUI 12 or Android 10 thingy but then I'm reiterating that when people complain about lack of "expected updates," it's normal.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlamedy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
pls anyone with miuipro rom for lavender to share even if it's mean paying

(1) (2) (3) ... (7848) (7849) (7850) (7851) (7852) (7853) (7854) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tellsblinks(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.