Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193145 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7865) (7866) (7867) (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:39am On Oct 02, 2020
Ejiphill09:

Exactly, he only did because of jboixx.x popularity and for the fact that many called him out... Anyone here on this thread for the past 2years knows clearly that the guy lacks business manners.

I have never done business with him and i will never recommend him.

He careless if he's called out by many o. When those two guys had issues with him too, many called him out but my guy paid deaf ears and blind eyes.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 7:14am On Oct 02, 2020
DestinyToRule:
Xiaomites, i need fairly use xiaomi phone not cost than 30k. Pls dm me or refer some1. Thanks
redmi 7a available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ronin1: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2020
anastasius:
Someone inserted his som in my card briefly. And that's how all his contact went nto my WhatsApp list. How do I delete them?
No traces of his contacts on my phone, how come I'm seeing his contacts on my WhatsApp? No contact sync either.

Very annoying something. It's WhatsApp contacts sync, if you go to your contacts list and display only WhatsApp contacts you'll see the contacts are still there, you'll have to delete them again from there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmysky(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2020
genius43:

First of the K30 5G is Chinese Version only, secondly 5G deployment is currently non existent in Nigeria. If you must get a 5G phone it should be the Mi 10T lite or the Mi 10 lite.

Then coming the Redmi Note 9 Pro it is good with a good competitor in the Poco X3 NFC. Though in build the RN9 Pro trump's the X3 but camera, screen and speaker and processing power it is slightly behind.
Hi, you seem to be quite knowlegeable in xiaomi phones. What do you think of the k30 ultra? I know it China only but it's so good looking. Would you recommend it? Also any other phones with similar or better specs especially higher refresh rates and maybe a motorized camera and a flagship chip like the D1000+ within similar price points?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2020
Emmysky:
Hi, you seem to be quite knowlegeable in xiaomi phones. What do you think of the k30 ultra? I know it China only but it's so good looking. Would you recommend it? Also any other phones with similar or better specs especially higher refresh rates and maybe a motorized camera and a flagship chip like the D1000+ within similar price points?

It is either the Redmi K30 Ultra or Poco F2 Pro.

My knowledge on phones is not limited to Xiaomi phones sha. I use Xiaomi currently but before that I have used other products.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2020
Emmysky:

I love how you composed your question. It shows you have done your research well

Some persons will blame Xiaomi for releasing the k30 ultra for only china

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello house, lightning fried my charger yesterday so I'm currently using my Samsung charger(5V, 2A, 10W) same wattage as my Redmi that got burnt. Will it affect the phone or battery on the long run or I should quickly get a Xiaomi charger?

cc: genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Fokosobo:
Hello house, lightning fried my charger yesterday so I'm currently using my Samsung charger(5V, 2A, 10W) same wattage as my Redmi that got burnt. Will it affect the phone or battery on the long run or I should quickly get a Xiaomi charger?

cc: geniums43
You can still be using it but if you are able to get the right rated unit, go for it.

You may reach us if you need 18w, 24 or 30w charger.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11624796_cc_jpeg5cdc65da8548527916aeb477ca05d47f
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Fokosobo:

cc: genius43

It won't affect your phone. If you must use your electronic devices during rainfall, if you don't have a lightning arrestor installed use power surges or better still turn off and unplug your electronic devices during lightning storms.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmysky(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2020
genius43:

It is either the Redmi K30 Ultra or Poco F2 Pro.

My knowledge on phones is not limited to Xiaomi phones sha. I use Xiaomi currently but before that I have used other products.
Thanks for replying. The f2 pro seems quite nice but the bummer is the 60hz panel but still a great buy honestly. I'll research more on it tho, thanks

For the second paragraph, I can confirm you know quite a lot about phones judging from your comments on the forum that's why I said if you know any other phones even from other brands with similar specs and price range?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmysky(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2020
Jemerson:

I love how you composed your question. It shows you have done your research well

Some persons will blame Xiaomi for releasing the k30 ultra for only china
smiley Thanks

I honestly have been doing a lot of research on it before now. Many users also complained about overheating just within 20-30mins of even just slightly intense usage like watching 1080p movies and editing. I'm still trying to know if it's related to MIUI 12's buggy nature and bad optimization, maybe the cooling system or the D1000+ which mediatek is know for, but the Vivo IQOO uses similar chipset and even has similar specs but doesn't overheat like the k30 ultra
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2020
Emmysky:
smiley Thanks

I honestly have been doing a lot of research on in before now. Many users also complained about overheating just within 20-30mins of even just slightly intense usage like watching 1080p movies and editing. I'm still trying to know if it's related to mini 12's buggy nature and bad optimization, maybe cooling system or the D1000+ which mediatek is know for, but the Vivo IQOO uses similar chipset and even has similar specs but doesn't overheat like the k30 ultra

I think it's better optimised in vivo. Let's see if an update will fix it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2020
Emmysky:
Thanks for replying. The f2 pro seems quite nice but the bummer is the 60hz panel but still a great buy honestly. I'll research more on it tho, thanks

For the second paragraph, I can confirm you know quite a lot about phones judging from your comments on the forum that's why I said if you know any other phones even from other brands with similar specs and price range?

The price point of the Redmi K30 Ultra is difficult to match the closest is the Realme X7 Pro and it is way expensive in pricing when put close to the K30 U. The pricing is almost in the range of the Poco F2 Pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holurinde(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello.. pls I need link to the Telegram group
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmanueleko: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2020
missiles:
Macbeyland delivered, no regrets whatsoever doing business with you bro.... Recommended 24/7.
pls which phone camera is that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:19am On Oct 02, 2020
holurinde:
Hello.. pls I need link to the Telegram group

Drop your Telegram ID
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Emmysky:
smiley Thanks

I honestly have been doing a lot of research on in before now. Many users also complained about overheating just within 20-30mins of even just slightly intense usage like watching 1080p movies and editing. I'm still trying to know if it's related to mini 12's buggy nature and bad optimization, maybe cooling system or the D1000+ which mediatek is know for, but the Vivo IQOO uses similar chipset and even has similar specs but doesn't overheat like the k30 ultra

The heating should have been fixed with a software update. RN8 Pro was like that at first but a software update fixed it.

But I watched Techtablets review he didn't have that complain. I watched a comparison between the K30 Ultra and Realme X7 Pro and the Redmi was cooler of the two. Sometimes some of these stuffs are software related and not really hardware.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holurinde(m): 10:32am On Oct 02, 2020
genius43:

Drop your Telegram ID
Holurinde
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2020
anastasius:
I miss the days of 19hrs SOT.
Now I have 12hrs SOT

1. Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning. Search for them in settings.

2. Your network is not flawless.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HAccord: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2020
atheistandproud:

Upper mid-range.

Please haccord hus hawa due respekt. Tan kiyu.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kenny903(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2020
hi, please i need to fix my note 7 pro screen either in lagos or ibadan, can anyone hook me up with a link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2020
Kenny903:
hi, please i need to fix my note 7 pro screen either in lagos or ibadan, can anyone hook me up with a link

Cc: Igemburg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Christardor: 10:49am On Oct 02, 2020
genius43:

Drop your Telegram ID
Please add me too @MirrorChris
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2020
missiles:
What more can I say? All I want to say is thank you Lord. Today is my birthday
happy birthday bro,LLNP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2020
Christardor:
Please add me too @MirrorChris

Edit your privacy settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2020
genius43:

Drop your Telegram ID

chimeister, please add me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2020
jboixxx:
Hello house and happy 60th Anniversary to us all.

I posted few hrs ago about the service I received from Repairpalng. He did call me this afternoon, apologised for the experience/inconveniences and explained the delivery to the park was via dispatch rider, hence, the ish.

He noted he's learnt from this and promised a better service to all, will retrain his handlers in prompt and efficient communication, and resolution of concerns of his clients.

I wish us all the best of this life/country.
I just love this guy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2020
anastasius:
Now I have 12hrs SOT

19hrs is crazy, name of your device pls
But why the drastic drop? Did you update your MIUI or your device is ageing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:48am On Oct 02, 2020
Fokosobo:

19hrs is crazy, name of your device pls
But why the drastic drop? Did you update your MIUI or your device is ageing?
His issues are network related and WiFi/Bluetooth scanning that appears to be ON.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
anastasius:
Now I have 12hrs SOT

Ummm... I hope your battery doesn't regularly go that low. You may be missing 12hrs SOT soon if you don't take proper care of the battery

(1) (2) (3) ... (7865) (7866) (7867) (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.