Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9212496 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) (7872) (7873) (7874) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2020
Fokosobo:

I dread updates right from the days of Nokia. I had a nasty experience sometime in 2013 when I decided to update my Nokia OS, I eventually sold the phone.

Updating is a 50/50 thing. your phone either gets better or gets worse. Most times it is usually worse and may even get bricked. Unfortunately it is irreversible.

You can do your research and you will see that more than 50% of people always complain after their OS update. Nothing beats the one preinstalled from the factory.

I don't bother about updates as long as my phone is still performing well. If i want an update, I will buy another phone.

Calm down old man

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2020
anastasius:
Ok. How do I download this manually?

download miui rom downloader on play store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2020
anastasius:

Ok. How do I download this manually?

This phone latest is Android 10. I don't know if it will work directly.

(Android 10)
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0.QCPMIXM/miui_OLIVELITEGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QCPMIXM_0d091c0c4e_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:43am On Oct 03, 2020
anastasius:

Thanks but I don't understand this quoted part.

Just download and install

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sgbate(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2020
Hello all!
Please I want to get a romoss power bank on the xiaomi thread store who is a verified seller there? Can i go ahead and get it from iscom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fortune9: 9:08am On Oct 03, 2020
Boss please hw can I setup my network to 4g only, I'm using redmi note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fortune9: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2020
genius43:

This phone latest is Android 10. I don't know if it will work directly.

(Android 10)
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0.QCPMIXM/miui_OLIVELITEGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QCPMIXM_0d091c0c4e_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2020
fortune9:

You can't receive calls and text on 4G only.

Method one
*#*#4636#*#* choose the SIM and select LTE only from the drop-down

Method two
Settings>about phone>all specs>tap on Internal Storage till it pops up the phone information page

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2020
Luminary1:
Good morning everyone, how much is redmi note 7 screen? Mine fell off yesterday night. embarassed

How does a screen "fall off" exactly, I wonder
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2020
Sgbate:
Hello all!
Please I want to get a romoss power bank on the xiaomi thread store who is a verified seller there? Can i go ahead and get it from iscom?

Yes

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2020
Fokosobo:

I dread updates right from the days of Nokia. I had a nasty experience sometime in 2013 when I decided to update my Nokia OS, I eventually sold the phone.

Updating is a 50/50 thing. your phone either gets better or gets worse. Most times it is usually worse and may even get bricked. Unfortunately it is irreversible.

You can do your research and you will see that more than 50% of people always complain after their OS update. Nothing beats the one preinstalled from the factory.

I don't bother about updates as long as my phone is still performing well. If i want an update, I will buy another phone.

Yes... and the earth is flat too, isn't it?
Secreting alternative facts like saliva.

Not knowing how to use something doesn't mean the thing is broken. Just say you don't know how to use the shiny piece of brick in your hand and move on instead of exfoliating disinformation all over the Internet.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 10:26am On Oct 03, 2020
Fokosobo:

Wow! Never seen a post so wrong on all counts.

The version installed from the Factory is never the best. Updates exist to improve the experience on your device and add more features to improve your usage. Sometimes the feature may have an impact on battery life, but doesn't mean it's a bad update. Take the OnePlus Nord that recieved 4 updates in the first week of release, if you were to own that device, you'd complain about the experience not knowing the issues you're having have already been fixed.

This mentality is really old and terrible. If you have updates to do, do them. Buying a new phone for updates is a mentality that's remnant of the Transsion era.

"Bricking is irreversible"? Sir, this is 2020. Please leave 2013 where it exists, in the past, and move on. I'm pretty sure those whose devices came with MiUI 9 are enjoying the MIUI 11 on their devices without having to spend any extras on another device.

I'm yet to find 50% of persons whose battery immediately went bad due to an update. Please drop proper statistics before pulling figures out of thin air.

TL;DR, Update your devices when you can. 2020 is not 2013.

#peace

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2020
Fokosobo:

You can do your research and you will see that more than 50% of people always complain after update. Nothing beats the one preinstalled from the factory.

This is like saying if you're currently on Android 9, and your device works ok, don't update if you have Android 10 or 11 update available.

You're using the past to judge the present.

If you do a good research, these days, phones do get better with updates over time from the preinstalled OS version.

OEMs don't just send updates for no reason, no one would waste their time doing that if it isn't beneficial in some way to its users. You see those security patches sef, don't joke with them.

I agree at times some updates can be buggy compared to the previous one, but when that happens, they try to rectify it as fast as possible and roll out a new update to patch things up. If there's a scenario where you see a lot of users complaining about a new update,, then sure, you can chill till things have been rectified and there's a stable one available before you proceed to updating ya device.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:47am On Oct 03, 2020
genius43:

That is not entirely true. This is on paper not practically.

I dey tells you.

Your usage matters as well as if you're unlucky to get a bad unit.

For me, I feel around 6 months is enough for you to start seeing depletion of the battery capacity.

I'm a heavy user though, light to moderate users can enjoy their battery for longer lifespan.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunni: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2020
genius43:

Edit your privacy settings

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TomRobberts: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
I have recently downloaded Spotify Premium for free and it was nice experience. Go and dpwnload it here.
https://premiumapkspot.com/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by cbrezy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sgbate:
Hello all!

Oga iscom is here

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sgbate:
Hello all!

Yes, Got one from him a month or 2 ago.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
Macbeyland came through for me... Thanks boss..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
ElvisMcCoy:
Macbeyland came through for me... Thanks boss..

My guy how did you take this picture with Redmi 9 camera when your new Redmi 9 phone is right there angry

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Please guys is there an MIUI 12 for Note 9s?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
abdsamad:

How does a screen "fall off" exactly, I wonder

The screen don see life tire
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
If you know you know grin grin grin

On a serious note, I have a R9 so I simply used it to snap the new one.
Surprisingly, the picture quality from the device's stock camera is not all bad at all... Considering the price...

Meister:

My guy how did you take this picture with Redmi 9 camera when your new Redmi 9 phone is right there angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
festwiz:

Wow! Never seen a post so wrong on all counts.

The version installed from the Factory is never the best. Updates exist to improve the experience on your device and add more features to improve your usage. Sometimes the feature may have an impact on battery life, but doesn't mean it's a bad update. Take the OnePlus Nord that recieved 4 updates in the first week of release, if you were to own that device, you'd complain about the experience not knowing the issues you're having have already been fixed.

This mentality is really old and terrible. If you have updates to do, do them. Buying a new phone for updates is a mentality that's remnant of the Transsion era.

"Bricking is irreversible"? Sir, this is 2020. Please leave 2013 where it exists, in the past, and move on. I'm pretty sure those whose devices came with MiUI 9 are enjoying the MIUI 11 on their devices without having to spend any extras on another device.

I'm yet to find 50% of persons whose battery immediately went bad due to an update. Please drop proper statistics before pulling figures out of thin air.

TL;DR, Update your devices when you can. 2020 is not 2013.

#peace
Technical knockout.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
Mrcalxy:

I dey tells you.

Your usage matters as well as if you're unlucky to get a bad unit.

For me, I feel around 6 months is enough for you to start seeing depletion of the battery capacity.

I'm a heavy user though, light to moderate users can enjoy their battery for longer lifespan.

You are on point.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
genius43:

Equalizer

Abeg, how can I get to download this movie?

Any link/site please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
AududuNine11:

Abeg, how can I get to download this movie?

Any link/site please?

check pahe. ph (remove space)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
genius43:

check pahe. ph (remove space)
tnx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunni: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
@genius43 thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) (7872) (7873) (7874) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Luminary1(f) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.