Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,987 members, 7,845,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9387773 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugoelvis1(m): 7:02pm On May 13, 2017
All though I have placed order for a global version RMN4 4/64G SD. Am still confused why the MTK version which by experience is below par tends to outclassed it rivalry in its pricing. Does it portend that MTK have improved beyond, or out performed the SD in quality and other unforeseen technicalities

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tocynajani(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

He was actually kidding u. I almost break my screen reading g his reply. Sorry if u get the joke wrong.

grin cheesy

Cc: JandyJ
Lol, okay oh... Maybe cos I'm not familiar with him, so I don't know how he jokes sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tocynajani(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2017
lavenderjade:

no o.. i nor insult am o.. i was jus jokin cos wat he said was funny..
Lol, cool man...

I get you now...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:29pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

Lmfao. Guy wait o, doesn't it surprise u that no mod is on this thread? Except their ghost to monitor who to ban? Hmnnnnnn undecided

Hmmm. Fingers crossed!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:30pm On May 13, 2017
Septre:

what is the email of the risk control team?

I guess you have the answer already smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lakeshizu(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2017
ugoelvis1:
All though I have placed order for a global version RMN4 4/64G SD. Am still confused why the MTK version which by experience is below par tends to outclassed it rivalry in its pricing. Does it portend that MTK have improved beyond, or out performed the SD in quality and other unforeseen technicalities
there are different reasons for the high price, take for instance charging time on SD around 3hrs plus for full charge and with MTK it is lower
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2017
Lakeshizu:
there are different reasons for the high price, take for instance charging time on SD around 3hrs plus for full charge and with MTK it is lower

I also noticed this charging time on my mtk redmi note 4. It charges way too fast for 4100mah battery and the battery performance is great. Was wondering if it was normal until I read this observation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lakeshizu(m): 7:49pm On May 13, 2017
Sprintx24:

I also noticed this charging time on my mtk redmi note 4. It charges way too fast for 4100mah battery and the battery performance is great. Was wondering if it was normal until I read this observation.
The camera on the SD is better than that of the MTK device. then slight overheating on the MTK too. overall the device is way better than what is obtainable with other brands. Am using MI 5 prime......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martinz1: 7:59pm On May 13, 2017
What kind of thing is this,, i called uba they said my otp is already activated , but i receive nothing on phone or mail, when aliexpress things prompts for otp
What is all this na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:00pm On May 13, 2017
Who can prover solution to this my uba master card that always saying "the total order amount exceeded d credit limit?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:10pm On May 13, 2017
martinz1:
What kind of thing is this,, i called uba they said my otp is already activated , but i receive nothing on phone or mail, when aliexpress things prompts for otp
What is all this na

Hehehe...... Calm down

Is DND active on your sim?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:13pm On May 13, 2017
martinz1:
What is all this na

This also happened to one of my uba cards and I really don't have a solution to this....

My ever-wroking solution to Uba otp issue is 'Appeal the card'....Once that is done den you shd be free from otp wahala
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:14pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:
Who can prover solution to this my uba master card that always saying "the total order amount exceeded d credit limit?

Somebody should please tell me what to do, I thought we are here to help ourself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:17pm On May 13, 2017
emaminaj:

This also happened to one of my uba cards and I really don't have a solution to this....

My ever-wroking solution to Uba otp issue is 'Appeal the card'....Once that is done den you shd be free from otp wahala

I keep saying this, av used 2 cards on alixpress, I appealed the 2 cards and despite that, the card still requesting for OTP. May be some cards works without OTP I don't know and am not disputing that. But by telling people OTP is not necessary after appeal is what i don't understand.

See the attachment, av done d appeal 4 times on five cards, though, I used 2 out of the cards, and d 2 still requesting for OTP.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:17pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

Somebody should please tell me what to do, I thought we are here to help ourself.

Contact UBA Sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by unlimited2(m): 8:23pm On May 13, 2017
tocynajani:

If I have a locked router to exchange, how much will I add??
direct sales sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2017
dukeo:

Minimum brightness ke? shocked It is only for night time o.. That thing too dull
Hehehehe, na u dey find higher SOT na cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2017
Elxandre:

Poweramp has no match if you're using average earphones!
I bought it on playstore with shakepay virtual card though. cheesy
Tested and trusted, I don delete all other other players apart from stock because of poweramp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:27pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

Your post wasn't upto 10mins old, you're already complaining of no assistance Be careful with yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:28pm On May 13, 2017
timbros:
Na wao...

I haven't made an order for a while now. Just today I ordered for a small item worth around $8 through Access bank and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got debited more than 3k!

When did this one start na? And I am lining up a major order sometime this month!

3 weeks ago.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2017
Elxandre:

what of with background data off?
Yeah, that too of course wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:29pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

I keep saying this, av used 2 cards on alixpress, I appealed the 2 cards and despite that, the card still requesting for OTP. May be some cards works without OTP I don't know and am not disputing that. But by telling people OTP is not necessary after appeal is what i don't understand.

See the attachment, av done d appeal 4 times on five cards, though, I used 2 out of the cards, and d 2 still requesting for OTP.

jboixxx, gptech, princetom1, grandmufti, protein0, rookidmart, fibonacci2526, noobody....Una don see any village ppl wey strong pass this guy own??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2017
GrandMufti:

See as you just display your full info for the whole world to see.

Nothing bad in showin my name, my phone number and adress sir. We've all done more dan dat while searching for jobs.

Any risk? If no, kindly overlook and quote the nwxt person. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2017
OLADO:
GpTech thanks for the huge help today. Infact already offered to buy the phone from the owner [just sleek]

Now i want ask which is the best music app to use[the stock app skips files that cracks] also about system launcher. I ask all this cos my htc m8 just packed up after 3yrs more questions to come as they arise ;DGpTech thanks for the huge help today. Infact already offered to buy the phone from the owner [just sleek]

Now i want ask which is the best music app to use[the stock app skips files that cracks] also about system launcher. I ask all this cos my htc m8 just packed up after 3yrs more questions to come as they arise
Uwc sir, hope you already have the answer to the music player question, poweramp of course.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:32pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

Tweet at them, mail them or call their cc for assistance if you're still having OTP issues. Some don't get OTP after appealing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martinz1: 8:33pm On May 13, 2017
iliyande:

Hehehe...... Calm down
Is DND active on your sim?
I think so ,although i do receive otp for local quickteller transaction
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:35pm On May 13, 2017
Olalekanbanky1:

Nothing bad in showin my name, my phone number and adress sir. We've all done more dan dat while searching for jobs.

Any risk? If no, kindly overlook and quote the nwxt person. Thanks.
Hmmm. His advice was simply for your own good. No need to get naughty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:35pm On May 13, 2017
emaminaj:

jboixxx, gptech, princetom1, grandmufti, protein0, rookidmart, fibonacci2526, noobody....Una don see any village ppl wey strong pass this guy own??
Bros, jump and pass.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:37pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

Yeah, that too of course wink
Some apps will be affected sha. What's the essence of using a smartphone with background data disabled?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2017
martinz1:

I think so ,although i do receive otp for local quickteller transaction

OK, UBA and otp get issue ooo
Even UBA care staff are clueless about it.. I was in your shoe before.
Send cancel to 2442 and c magic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2017
emaminaj:

Like seriously he is saying the fact. Every card supposed to request for OTP(per transaction) or token (same code for every transaction). Yours just still amazed me till today. It's not supposed to work without otp, it exposes u to fraud. If cards don't require otp or token, we even won't be using it because is too much of a risk to use cards without code. Which means, anyone that just see ur card can transfer money from ur account, without u being able to do anything until I contact ur bank. Like i said, ur case of not using otp or token is a mystery, and odas too not using token or otp. Pls, can u post a screenshot of the page u get to that doesn't require token or otp? We need to verify this.

Gptech, fibonacci2526, rookidmart, GrandMufti, Protein0, Dam5reey, noobody, iliyande, 40manlappy, write2obi et al
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2017
Lakeshizu:
The snapdragon version charges for about 2 hours 30 mins, never upto 3 hours, it's quite fast, I mean with the stock charger, we have proven that here many times

Modified: After 28 mins charge, about 19% battery juice, if your battery takes up to 3 hours to be charged, something must be wrong somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.